Warm Fuzzies Over Televised Gay PDA

First off, I am going to use that underlined portion somwhere, that is pretty funny. Second, when did Rob's House become all enthralled with "politeness?"

Hell, with your avatar I'd have thought you would have known that the most popular pick-up line at a gay bar is "may I push in your stool for you"?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the "in your face" aspect of it. Like I said, I don't like straight people making out in public either. Gay PDA is a little worse because it's abnormal (sex is genetically and evolutionarily designed for reproduction - man + man or woman + woman is a misfiring of that function). Doesn't mean there's anything morally wrong with it, and it doesn't mean gay people should be belittled, but it "is what it is" and it is more disturbing to the average viewer that straight PDA (which again, I'm not okay with either), and that's based on scientific studies (I don't have a link but I heard it on Dr. Drew).

Any particular reason? Do you have something of substance to add?

There's your problem...your understanding of science comes in part from a guy named Dr. Drew.

Throughout the animal kingdom, sex is used for more than just reproduction. Especially within the primate species, it is used to forge strategic social alliances. And of course, animals have sex not for the intent of reproduction but because it releases feel-good chemicals in the brain. Homosexual behavior - while not "normal" in the sense that it is the most frequent form of sex - is perfectly natural and is routinely witnessed within many species other than homo sapien.

My suggestion for you is to actually do your job as a parent and explain to your child how the world works whenever your child asks questions. Tell him/her that most people love people of the opposite gender, but some people happen to love people of the same gender. Is that so difficult? If gay PDA bothers you, then look away...same thing you'd do when you see two ugly/fat/old people making out.

Edited by Marc Miller

How do you figure? Can we stop paying homage to political correctness & just be real? EVERYONE, gays included, understands that there is a fundamental difference here. It's kind of like saying there's no difference between a woman wearing a bikini & a man wearing a Speedo - the Speedo is far more offensive.

You haven't been to many European beaches, have you? 'Offensive' is in the eye of the beholder, nothing more.

As for the rest, of course there is something fundamentally different, but there is nothing "politically correct" about recognizing that 'different' doesn't mean one is better or more appropriate than another. 200 years ago would you have derided anti-slavery activists as "policially correct" based on the fundamental differences between blacks and whites?

Once again, I believe the media and others are guilty of constantly stirrup with trouble by reporting on every stupid "first gay to do blah, blah, blah" but that doesn't change the fact that there's nothing wrong with the act itself.

Imagine explaining it to your child. (And I'm speaking generally here, not necessarily to this specific incident. Explaining why a man & woman kissed is easy. Why two men are kissing takes a whole different level of understanding on the part of a child who's trying to make sense of something they really can't relate to and are just beginning to comprehend and constructing a world view about.

B.S. Children are not born with the same prejudices we hold as adults, that is entirely learned behavior. If I explained to my almost 4 year-old why two men were kissing she would accept that as normal without any reservation.

You haven't been to many European beaches, have you? 'Offensive' is in the eye of the beholder, nothing more.

As for the rest, of course there is something fundamentally different, but there is nothing "politically correct" about recognizing that 'different' doesn't mean one is better or more appropriate than another. 200 years ago would you have derided anti-slavery activists as "policially correct" based on the fundamental differences between blacks and whites?

Once again, I believe the media and others are guilty of constantly stirrup with trouble by reporting on every stupid "first gay to do blah, blah, blah" but that doesn't change the fact that there's nothing wrong with the act itself.

B.S. Children are not born with the same prejudices we hold as adults, that is entirely learned behavior. If I explained to my almost 4 year-old why two men were kissing she would accept that as normal without any reservation.

Get her in a good tennis program as soon as possible. Softball too. :w00t:

Homosexual behavior - while not "normal" in the sense that it is the most frequent form of sex - is perfectly natural and is routinely witnessed within many species other than homo sapien.

comparing human and animal behavior isn't always make for a good arguement - parents attempting to devour their offspring and incestious mating are also perfectly natural and routinely witnessed within many species other than homo sapien. monkeys & dogs eat poop. I wouldn't really have a problem if a son or daughter of mine was gay, but if they did any of the other stuff, I'd personally see that they were locked away for their, and everyone else's safety.

I didn't see the kiss. I just read the article and it pissed me off. The gist of the article, that the bowler seemed to endorse, is that it's wonderful that gay PDA is becoming accepted and displayed on TV. I really don't get what's so unreasonable or "intolerant" about my stance on this.

Maybe you should have watched the video. It was a quick peck and a hug. No big deal.

Hell, with your avatar I'd have thought you would have known that the most popular pick-up line at a gay bar is "may I push in your stool for you"?

LOL!

Like I have said before, i only need one stool updside down for me and my three queen buddies......

So Rob's House I thought of you on my lunch break today. I was eating lunch in a park watching a man and woman standing by their cars making out heavy duty. She was grinding on him, he had to adjust his pants, he was reaching down her pants and fondling her breasts thru her clothes. I thought you probably would have went beserk and punched them in the face. :D

So Rob's House I thought of you on my lunch break today. I was eating lunch in a park watching a man and woman standing by their cars making out heavy duty. She was grinding on him, he had to adjust his pants, he was reaching down her pants and fondling her breasts thru her clothes. I thought you probably would have went beserk and punched them in the face. :D

Were you able to grab on to the windowsill when the ladder tipped over?

What part of standing by their cars in a public park parking lot wasn't clear to you?

OK, I won't joke with a humorless person anymore. Let's talk about how you'd like to kill Romney instead.

Edited by 3rdnlng