Freddy wants to remain in a Bill, even if it means being backup

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the one he signed prior to the season, that's right. How about waiting to see how this season went? Do you think he gets that much $$ after another sreious injusry and with Spiller playing like he did?

It seems to me they did wait for the offseason, unlike what you said. They saw how the season went, and rewarded him. Hence, it was nothing like the Jauron or Fitz deals that occurred in mid-season.

Freddie was playing like a beast and he was being grossly underpaid for it. At the time, everyone knew that and agreed. He deserved a raise, and the Bills came through for him. I think that speaks highly of the organization, and I'm betting the players took notice of that. It's a good thing.

They could have waited yet another season before rewarding Freddie, but it's likely he would have been unhappy and maybe even held out in the preseason. Just because, in hindsight, you have the benefit of seeing the next injury and Spiller's performance doesn't mean everyone knew that would happen last offseason.

This isn't even in the same stratosphere as the Jauron and Fitz deals.

Edited by Rubes

It seems to me they did wait for the offseason, unlike what you said. They saw how the season went, and rewarded him. Hence, it was nothing like the Jauron or Fitz deals that occurred in mid-season.

Freddie was playing like a beast and he was being grossly underpaid for it. At the time, everyone knew that and agreed. He deserved a raise, and the Bills came through for him. I think that speaks highly of the organization, and I'm betting the players took notice of that. It's a good thing.

They could have waited yet another season before rewarding Freddie, but it's likely he would have been unhappy and maybe even held out in the preseason. Just because, in hindsight, you have the benefit of seeing the next injury and Spiller's performance doesn't mean everyone knew that would happen last offseason.

This isn't even in the same stratosphere as the Jauron and Fitz deals.

Again, he was under contract this year and no need to sign him until after this season. Hold out this past preseason? Give me a break. Do you think NE would have waited until his contract was up? Yes, they would have. Fred Jackson is not very special of a RB. You are embarrassing yourself with your comments. Do you have a 22 Jackson jersey that you just bought?

Why can't he be? He had more contact yards after then Fred

because nobody has ever seen him do it therefore nobody thinks he can. And until he does it on a regular basis, nobody will ever believe he can do it.

Fred Jackson said he wants to remain with the Bills even if he's asked to be C.J. Spiller's backup next season.

The Bills' next head coach will have final word, but even Jackson seems resigned to his fate. He'll be 32 next month and is coming off a season in which he averaged 3.80 yards per carry. "You just got to give C.J. credit," Jackson said. "He played amazing this year, and with the opportunity he got he made a tremendous amount of plays." Jackson could even end up being cut if the Bills want to save money at the backup running back spot. He's due $2.15 million in base salary in 2013

rotoworld.com

You guys want to keep him?

2 mil and great attitude like that. Gotta love Freddie! What a team player. It takes two great backs and we seen that with Thurman and Kenny!

Again, he was under contract this year and no need to sign him until after this season. Hold out this past preseason? Give me a break. Do you think NE would have waited until his contract was up? Yes, they would have. Fred Jackson is not very special of a RB. You are embarrassing yourself with your comments. Do you have a 22 Jackson jersey that you just bought?

Blather all you want, you're the only one who's sounding ridiculous here. Freddie was an MVP candidate and a certain Pro Bowl player before his injury last season, and everyone was loving him. The vast majority of people agreed he was grossly underpaid for his performance and (to that point) his durability, and most thought he deserved an extension to make sure he finished his career with us. You can revise history all you want, but you're not going to find too many others here who agree with you. But by all means, continue your crusade, it's quite entertaining to watch.

Why can't he be? He had more contact yards after then Fred

Pull yourself away from the stat sheet & watch the game. CJ can't smash the ball up the middle & power ahead for tough yds. The yards after contact are usually from juking out of an arm tackle & running for big chunks. You also need someone to lower his shoulder and plow into a tight spot sometimes.

very concerned with the latest play of Fred Jackson. He has been injured frequently and he also has started to fumble in the worst situations. That being said, he loves Buffalo and he is a leader and I feel he has enough gas in the tank for another solid season. He is one of my favorites in recent years. A working mans professional running back. Hope he finishes his career in a Bills uniform. He understand that old man time is slowly closing the door. But that happens to all of us in any kind of craft. As the younger ones start producing more, its time to hang up the hard hat and call it a day.