Whaley comments?

abqmarko

I have to say if Whaley has meade these comments “We go way back, we won Super Bowls together so I have high regard for their coaching acumen. Personally, I know those guys and hopefully…we’ll see what happens. I know they’ve got a lot of opportunities, we haven’t decided, we’ve still got to figure out what we’re going to do and after that, I don’t think it’ll make a decision on if they’re going to be our coach, but I can shed some insight on how they performed while I was with them and as people.”

These comments are posted on the WGR web site if they are legitimate and prove accurate I have some real issues with his lack of candor. I work in a legal profession and deal with statements all day long, if the Bills end up taking either of these coaches, and if so I'd anticiapte it by weeks end, I have serious issues with Whaleys professionalism.. "hopefully we will see what happens" speaks volumes. Even if he thinks they are the best candiadtes, (which I dont) he should not be tipping his hand. Would any top level executive state/tip his hand and say he was going tp buy a certain stock or company before a contaact or agreement was reached... NO. If either of these guys (Wheissy or his D coordiantor) are hired it shows what bush league Whaley is and what the Bills have to look forward to. What a person say's and doesnt say is huge...."hopefully" so expalin that to me Whaley in objective fashion...i guess your mind i made up....if the hire goes through you and Russ are bush league already tipping your hand like that...prior to an interview etc what a mess

if this is misdirection than id say AWESOME job guys, glad to see some savvy occuring at two bills drive!

Edited by abqmarko

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I think you're the only person in America that read/heard Whaley's comments and attributed any significance to them at all aside from showing some affection for former colleagues.

I hope they don't throw the book at him :)

Good God!!!

This has to rank as one of the dumpest posts of all time and there's been many in the last couple of weeks.

As they say about Monday morning QB's it's real easy to read his comments and somehow find something to pick apart about them. As opposed to he's asked a question and he gives an answer off the cuff. Maybe he should require all questions be submitted to him 24 hours in advance so he can analyze his responses to the exact word, may sure he gets any pauses in the right spot too.

Actually, it sounds like you have an issue with his candor

Simply put if Belichick stated "HOPEFULLY THIS GUY CONSIDERS THE JOB" it would be a big deal and people would say wow he really wants this guy. Now if Whaley is playing possum and has no interest in AZ i say good for him, but if he in anyway thinks he wants either of those guys from AZ there is no way he has the savvy to be a GM....

Simply put if Belichick stated "HOPEFULLY THIS GUY CONSIDERS THE JOB" it would be a big deal and people would say wow he really wants this guy. Now if Whaley is playing possum and has no interest in AZ i say good for him, but if he in anyway thinks he wants either of those guys from AZ there is no way he has the savvy to be a GM....

So is the issue a lack of candor or his candor?

Even though we have no idea if serious?

The old "he tipped his hand obviously.... Unless he didnt - who knows?" argument. Forgetting that they are unlikely to be stolen out from under us either way.

Maybe he wants them

Maybe he wants an excuse to be in Arizona

Maybe he's paying a friend a compliment when they need some juice around the league

Edited by NoSaint

Oh please relax...the salaries that these middle tier coaches get it not that different. We are not talking about Saban, Gruden, Shanahan, Cowher, or even Andy Reid for that matter. Those coaches choose you and tell you how much you are going to pay them. Grimm, Whisenhunt, Louvie, and even a few of these coordiantors will be lucky to get a HC interview. Do you think the DC for the cardinals is the highest priority for all the teams searching for HC's???

I want to see this become a meme on TSW: "I work in a legal profession and deal with statements all day long"

Im worth a million dollars! (in legal fees).

So is the issue a lack of candor or his candor?

someone better double check those legal statements.

Edited by DrDareustein

Good God!!!

This has to rank as one of the dumpest posts of all time and there's been many in the last couple of weeks.

As they say about Monday morning QB's it's real easy to read his comments and somehow find something to pick apart about them. As opposed to he's asked a question and he gives an answer off the cuff. Maybe he should require all questions be submitted to him 24 hours in advance so he can analyze his responses to the exact word, may sure he gets any pauses in the right spot too.

"they have other opportunities..... but hopefully" if you read that A) he wants one of these guys hired (then that doesnt bode well for his savvy in the orginization B)He is throwing out the red herring (good job)

"they have other opportunities..... but hopefully" if you read that A) he wants one of these guys hired (then that doesnt bode well for his savvy in the orginization B)He is throwing out the red herring (good job)

Yes, yes. Everything is either black or white. Either A or B. Certainly no C, or in between, or all of the above.

"....things work for them" could've been the missing fragment.

Also you have it worded as "and hopefully...." In the op and "but hopefully...." here and constructed differently- FYI.

Yes, yes. Everything is either black or white. Either A or B. Certainly no C, or in between, or all of the above.

And it's either he's an idiot or genius.

Edited by NoSaint

Even though we have no idea if serious?If he really wants them then dont do the premature e.......

The old "he tipped his hand obviously.... Unless he didnt - who knows?" argument. Forgetting that they are unlikely to be stolen out from under us either way.

Maybe he wants them...maybe

Maybe he wants an excuse to be in Arizona...maybe

Maybe he's paying a friend a compliment when they need some juice around the league...maybe, if they are hirednthen i have the issue.

Stop reading in to things. This isn't the legal profession. It's football!!