[closed]Finally some real progress

Ludwig van

The only difference between today and yesterday is that as of today Ralph Wilson is "officially" no longer meddling... I suspect in actuality that nothing is really different between last season and this coming season from an organizational standpoint. As a fanbase, we can only hope that the "differences" manifest in the coaching search this time around, otherwise, unfortuntately, today's Buffalo Bills are the same as yesterday's Buffalo Bills.

yeah im not sure much has really changed except that ralph is drastically reducing his direct involvement with the team - which may or may not be good news. we really arent much better off than we were before this change in any meaningful way as far as i can see

The only difference between today and yesterday is that as of today Ralph Wilson is "officially" no longer meddling... I suspect in actuality that nothing is really different between last season and this coming season from an organizational standpoint. As a fanbase, we can only hope that the "differences" manifest in the coaching search this time around, otherwise, unfortuntately, today's Buffalo Bills are the same as yesterday's Buffalo Bills.

We have no idea the extent of Ralph's involvement. We can guess, but that is all it is.

maybe the curse will now be broken? :cry::bag:

despite not making the playoffs since 1999 and going 6-10 this year, i actually feel kinda positive going forward. don't know why. maybe it's b/c it's near year's day. no idea.

Edited by bobobonators

We have no idea the extent of Ralph's involvement. We can guess, but that is all it is.

True, but it's hard to imagine that his involvement over the last 1+ years is as much as it has been in years past given his age and recent hospitalization. I suspect that Brandon's role today is the same as what it was this past season, only now Ralph's made it official. More to the point, I feel like the press conferece today was marketing a change that had essentially already taken place.

True, but it's hard to imagine that his involvement over the last 1+ years is as much as it has been in years past given his age and recent hospitalization. I suspect that Brandon's role today is the same as what it was this past season, only now Ralph's made it official. More to the point, I feel like the press conferece today was marketing a change that had essentially already taken place.

It's hard to imagine that Al Davis still made decisions and that Bud Smith still makes football decisions. They do.

I think the change was likely to have already been decided during the season.

It's hard to imagine that Al Davis still made decisions and that Bud Smith still makes football decisions. They do.

I think the change was likely to have already been decided during the season.

Al Davis still makes decisions. He just uses the psychic network to mind meld in his decisions.

I think this is a good step in the right direction

Agree 100% - nothing prevented the Bills from hiring quality coaches more than the knowledge that the team had an old meddling owner

that consistently lost and when they did win he fired those that brought the success.

All the reason why to go so public today - let all know - the meddling owner is gone - making the job way more attractive

I think that today is a day that all Bills fans should feel good about.

In my opinion, Nix has done a great job as a GM. Believe me when I say I know you can't look at the season and say "what if," but with that being said, if you look at the bills 2012 season, we certainly appear to be right on the doorstep of greatness. As hard as it may be to believe, we were really only 4 plays away from winning the AFC east. Buckle your seat belt for a few "ifs."

If CJ doesn't fumble that ball going into the endzone against the Patriots, but instead scores a TD;

if Fitz somehow throws a TD on the last play against the Patriots in foxboro;

if our D stops the titans on their last drive;

and if our D stops the rams on their last drive;

were 10-6, the patriots are 10-6, and we win the division.

I know that seems ludacris and far-fetched, but it just goes to show that the difference between 12-4 and 6-10 isn't that drastic.

So, with that being said, you look at today, and it's easier to imagine someone like Schottenheime or Cowher coming to take the reigns. Couple that with even a mediocre starting qb, and the Bills seem to be on the fast track to being relavant again. I hope.

I think that today is a day that all Bills fans should feel good about.

In my opinion, Nix has done a great job as a GM. Believe me when I say I know you can't look at the season and say "what if," but with that being said, if you look at the bills 2012 season, we certainly appear to be right on the doorstep of greatness. As hard as it may be to believe, we were really only 4 plays away from winning the AFC east. Buckle your seat belt for a few "ifs."

If CJ doesn't fumble that ball going into the endzone against the Patriots, but instead scores a TD;

if Fitz somehow throws a TD on the last play against the Patriots in foxboro;

if our D stops the titans on their last drive;

and if our D stops the rams on their last drive;

were 10-6, the patriots are 10-6, and we win the division.

I know that seems ludacris and far-fetched, but it just goes to show that the difference between 12-4 and 6-10 isn't that drastic.

So, with that being said, you look at today, and it's easier to imagine someone like Schottenheime or Cowher coming to take the reigns. Couple that with even a mediocre starting qb, and the Bills seem to be on the fast track to being relavant again. I hope.

Fine line between "doorstep and doormat.

As for those 4 plays away, you do realize the same argument can be made in some of the teams" wins". AZ immediately comes to mind.