Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

Not to be negative, but does it really matter which one of these guys the Bills hire? The candidates with HC experience only had success because they had talent and most importantly they had top notch QBs. Wiz had Warner and Lovie had Cutler, both had multiple talented WRs.

In my opinion, the Bills need to find someone that will utilize CJ and has to be a master motivator. Maybe that's Kelly? Regardless, they have to find a legit QB. Do that and whomever they hire will be the next NFL HC genious. The bigger issue is where are they going to find that QB? Not in this years draft. None of these guys interviewing are going to win and turn this franchise around with Fitz. All these coaches are capable with the right QB in place. Miss on the QB and we'll right here 3 years from now.

All very true! The QB is 3 times as important, if not more, than the coach in my opinion.

As I said in another post a few days ago, if we got Tom Brady next year, I could be the coach and we would make the playoffs.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one reason for why information is conflicting and slow to get out is because there are currently six teams without coaches. no team at this point wants to tip its hand, and is keeping it's options open, and keeping the other teams at bay.

for what it's worth, the Bills have revealed a list of folks they've interviewed.

as for what's being thrown out there, i can appreciate it's difficult to keep straight, which is why i've at least try to stay out of most of it in my reporting. that's why i wasn't entirely sure about Marrone interviewing with the Bills until it was actually announced. i do know that the Bills were scheduled to be in Denver today to meet with McCoy. at this point, i can't confirm that that happened.

as to what happens next, i don't know. tomorrow is another day.

jw

If these reports of meeting with the Browns and Eagles are true and each have been 7+ hours (which I can not beleive would be the case) shouldn't we question CK's time management and those of the executives of the Browns and Eagles?

Who has this much time in life? No matter what you do, who has 7+ hours to talk to anyone about anything?

The 7 hour part of this doesn't strike me as odd at all. Have you noticed how many hours the NHL and NHLPA have devoted to reaching terms on a new CBA?

Kelly isn't interviewing for a job as ticket taker. Have you noticed a lot of money is connected with the business of the NFL?

The higher the stakes, the more there is to talk about.

Not to be negative, but does it really matter which one of these guys the Bills hire? The candidates with HC experience only had success because they had talent and most importantly they had top notch QBs. Wiz had Warner and Lovie had Cutler, both had multiple talented WRs.

In my opinion, the Bills need to find someone that will utilize CJ and has to be a master motivator. Maybe that's Kelly? Regardless, they have to find a legit QB. Do that and whomever they hire will be the next NFL HC genious. The bigger issue is where are they going to find that QB? Not in this years draft. None of these guys interviewing are going to win and turn this franchise around with Fitz. All these coaches are capable with the right QB in place. Miss on the QB and we'll right here 3 years from now.

I agree with what you said.....It somewhat matters who the HC is but whomever he is will not be successful without finding a QB that is successful in executing the scheme to fit the talent that the team has.

Most NFL coaches are smart and talented coaches..... how these coaches adjust to fit the talents of the players is key.

I agree with what you said.....It somewhat matters who the HC is but whomever he is will not be successful without finding a QB that is successful in executing the scheme to fit the talent that the team has.

Most NFL coaches are smart and talented coaches..... how these coaches adjust to fit the talents of the players is key.

One part you're missing is what assistants any HC brings with him.

How does one determine who came in third? But I'm sure it will be easy enough to say we did.

PTR

If Kelly chooses the Browns and Marrone goes to the Eagles, or vice versa--- isn't that obvious? Of course, the Bills may have liked someone better than either and will hire that candidate, but it would be unknown if that were the case. That's why I say "in principle". I'd like for perception of the organization to be as a desirable destination, is my point, and the constant media reports of the Bills being a "token" interview with Kelly is tiresome. I hope it's not the case.

I don't think that jw's tweet is reliable.

Ha!

If Kelly chooses the Browns and Marrone goes to the Eagles, or vice versa--- isn't that obvious? Of course, the Bills may have liked someone better than either and will hire that candidate, but it would be unknown if that were the case. That's why I say "in principle". I'd like for perception of the organization to be as a desirable destination, is my point, and the constant media reports of the Bills being a "token" interview with Kelly is tiresome. I hope it's not the case.

No, it's not obvious at all. Marrone has never been all that seriously linked to the Bills other than the fact they interviewed him for a couple hours. Whiz and Lovie for instance, have. The Bills may indeed like Marrone, I assume they like most everyone they interviewed. But just because he signs with someone else, if that happens, says little about the Bills interest in him or "coming in third" unless a serious story and source reports the Bills went hard after him and were rebuffed.

No, it's not obvious at all. Marrone has never been all that seriously linked to the Bills other than the fact they interviewed him for a couple hours. Whiz and Lovie for instance, have. The Bills may indeed like Marrone, I assume they like most everyone they interviewed. But just because he signs with someone else, if that happens, says little about the Bills interest in him or "coming in third" unless a serious story and source reports the Bills went hard after him and were rebuffed.

I mean it was obviously what I meant, not obvious that the Bills wanted him and didn't get him--- hence my very next sentence in that quoted post. If the Eagles, Browns and Bills all interview Kelly and Marrone, and the Bills are the odd man out, it could add to the perception of the organization as "undesirable". That's all I'm saying.

Edited by Punch

I can appreciate the "fresh air" thought above on Kelly. My concern is that kind of offense needs youth and speed. Hard to compare the K Gun style of the 90's and hoping Kelly could recreate that he with the current squad. We had Jim Kelly, Thomas, Reed, and more back then. Can Kelly run his high tempo offense with who we have now. How long will it take for him to draft what he needs?