Peterson lighting up Green Bay

NoSaint

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"9 yards? 9 yards what?"

The guy had no clue how close he was. Goes to show he was only focused on the win.

He knew he was pretty close still- he didn't know exact yardage on the drive for obvious reasons but he knew he was damn close and juuuuust shy.

I sensed he was somewhat disappointed. How he didn't come right out with "who cares about the record, we made the playoffs" is troubling me.

I'm glad he didn't break it.

He definitely wanted it bad. You could tell the "just happy for the team" answer was like the third option on his mind.

He definitely wanted it bad. You could tell the "just happy for the team" answer was like the third option on his mind.

That's what I sensed. It's amazing the Vikes made the playoffs. How he wasn't bubbling over with joy regarding that is telling.

Screw him.

Edited by billsoverdue

That's what I sensed. It's amazing the Vikes made the playoffs. How he wasn't bubbling over with joy regarding that is telling.

Screw him.

I think that's a tad harsh. It's not like Stevie's accomplishement. This is a chance for a significant record in history. I don't think I'd go so far as "screw him". Guys been through a lot and IMO deserves to be a bit disappointed. I also think it's possible to be disappointed about that and genuinly happy your in the playoffs at the same time.

A lot of great backs that's how they motivate themselves to play best and hence help their teams the most. Emmitt being the best example. I have no problem with AP going for it and being disappointed for coming up just 9 yards short. Per his average that's less than 2 carries.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I think that's a tad harsh. It's not like Stevie's accomplishement. This is a chance for a significant record in history. I don't think I'd go so far as "screw him". Guys been through a lot and IMO deserves to be a bit disappointed. I also think it's possible to be disappointed about that and genuinly happy your in the playoffs at the same time.

Agreed. And the way he runs.... It has a team effort.... But he gets a lot of 1-1 type matchups that are all him, that you don't see in football. He does so much in the open field on his own.... If that makes sense.

It may be harsh.

I'd like his teammates to see this footage and get their take. He seemed selfish to me. Like it was somehow more about him and that record.

A lot of great backs that's how they motivate themselves to play best and hence help their teams the most. Emmitt being the best example. I have no problem with AP going for it and being disappointed for coming up just 9 yards short. Per his average that's less than 2 carries.

They just won a slot in the playoffs. Shouldn't that be the primary focus?

It may be harsh.

I'd like his teammates to see this footage and get their take. He seemed selfish to me. Like it was somehow more about him and that record.

He's by all accounts a good guy - in one if the biggest moments of his life he had a mic shoved in his face and he tripped over his answer a bit. Sometimes we expect to much and forget these are simply people.

He's by all accounts a good guy - in one if the biggest moments of his life he had a mic shoved in his face and he tripped over his answer a bit. Sometimes we expect to much and forget these are simply people.

He's AD. He always has a mic in his face.

When that mic was "shoved" in his face it should have interrupted his "can you believe we made the playoffs?!?" dance.

I'm sure he's a good guy, still no excuse.

When that mic was "shoved" in his face it should have interrupted his "can you believe we made the playoffs?!?" dance.

Get over yourself. "I'm sure he's a good guy but while leaving the field with his teammates when a reporter grabbed him and asked if he was upset about not getting the record he stumbled despite clearly not even knowing how much he missed by - clearly he's a terrible teammate! But a good guy."

He might have wanted the record. Big deal.

Your opinion is absurd.

He can be both terribly disappointed that he missed breaking the record and happy his marginal team made the playoffs. Perhaps you would enjoy someone micromanging your every subsecond reaction you have in your life?

Your opinion is absurd.

He can be both terribly disappointed that he missed breaking the record and happy his marginal team made the playoffs. Perhaps you would enjoy someone micromanging your every subsecond reaction you have in your life?

Bingo. He's a person, not a movie character.

Did you not see him celebrating with his teammates after that run to set up the field goal, its not like he sat in the corner all depressed that he didn't get the record, he was definitely out there celebrating and smiling for the win.