WR upgrade

Dragonborn10

No diva WR please. Tall WR with good hands and decent speed. That would afford Stevie Johnson to be a slot WR, Jones as the third WR and TJ as the deep theat fourth WR. Disciplined route running and a QB who can get you the ball will do wonders for the passing attack. The Bills currently do neither well.

I think Greg Jennings is the best talent out him, wallace, and bowe. Only question is his recent injuries but when he is healthy he is easily a top 10 WR in the league who can "put the team on his back". He easily has the most skill run great routes, great hands, experienced vet, does all he can to play for the ball when it is on the air/basically has the playmaker trait. Bowe is also the most physical big receiver of the 3 but his hands/work ethic is questionable. Wallace is the most youngest and the fastest, he's a huge deep threat but will we have the QB to go deep to him next year? I'm also 100% sure Miami will get 1 of these 3 so the FO should decide who to go for soon.

Wallace is out...not worth the price tag he wants.

Buffalo has proven it has the inability to throw deep balls which is what Wallace only does.

Welker doesnt solve the problem of speed and deep threat.

I would just go after Fitzgerald....

take a shot in UFAs...I wouldnt draft a WR in 1st or 2nd.

Wallace is out...not worth the price tag he wants.

Buffalo has proven it has the inability to throw deep balls which is what Wallace only does.

Welker doesnt solve the problem of speed and deep threat.

I would just go after Fitzgerald....

take a shot in UFAs...I wouldnt draft a WR in 1st or 2nd.

Um I would rather pay wallace 11 mil then start throwing picks away for a 30 year old with a ridiculous contract. If we do have problems with speed/deep threat like you said why wouldn't you get wallace. And wallace doesn't just always go deep if you actually believe that. Then there is also jennings/bowe

my vote goes to the WVU Duo of either Tavon Austin of Stedman Bailey. While neither has "elite" size, both of them have the speed, hands and courage to go over the middle or stretch the field. In terms of NFL comparisons, Austin reminds me of Steve Smith (Carolina) and Bailey compares well to a faster Chad Johnson in his prime.

Typical bills fan logic. Mike Wallace struggled playing for a good team that's well coached. Maybe he'll do better here where we have crap at QB and a coach that doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

Not to mention he was looking for a contract similar to Megatron which is laughable.

And we give up a high 1st round pick?

Makes sense.

+1. typical thoughtless Bills fan. if you've heard of him, give up the franchise to get him so you can say you have him.... Lets solve the QB problem next year to the exclusion of all other problems please. If we can just do that, the rest becomes much much easier.

Typical bills fan logic. Mike Wallace struggled playing for a good team that's well coached. Maybe he'll do better here where we have crap at QB and a coach that doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

Not to mention he was looking for a contract similar to Megatron which is laughable.

And we give up a high 1st round pick?

Makes sense.

Maybe not. I'm not sure what their cap situation is but I think he'd be a UFA if they don't tag him. No?

I advocated for going after Mike Wallace and would have given up 2013 #1 for him before the season started. He has struggled this year as has most of the Steelers offensive unit.

Now maybe he can be had on the open market this off-season.

At this point I would rather get Bowe from Kansas City.

I would rather they go veteran WR and rookie LB than the other way around.

Thoughts...

Obtaining a stud wide receiver with Fitzpatrick doling out the ball would be like giving a nice loin of sushimi grade toro to me to prepare...simply a waste in the hands of the untrained. Let's focus our efforts in hiring a new chef before we obtain only the finest ingredients.