home heater boiler [mine] catches fire

First of all purple monkey dishwasher stay away. I am doing this in real life, not you're fantasy government is good Internet world.

Still no heat or hot water. Remember the fire was 12/22/2012. Zero work was done for two weeks till the city approved the contractors building plans yesterday. They had 15 days to approve the plan's and used all of them.

Apparently they couldn't decide if the property was commercial or residential. 4 units[me] = residential. 5+ units = commercial. Everybody in the world know's that except the pencil pushing bureaucrats that work? for the city of Anchorage.

So the city gives the OK at 2:30 PM yesterday[how can I thank them?] Now that they are out of the way the contractor is going to town. Trusses dropped off at 6 PM last night being put in place as I type.

This whole thing would have been done a month ago but for government interference/ laziness.

BTW for you liberals the big bad evil money sucking, worker exploiting corporation known as Allstate has been gold to me. All they do is write checks, often for more than I asked for.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all purple monkey dishwasher stay away. I am doing this in real life, not you're fantasy government is good Internet world.

Still no heat or hot water. Remember the fire was 12/22/2012. Zero work was done for two weeks till the city approved the contractors building plans yesterday. They had 15 days to approve the plan's and used all of them.

Apparently they couldn't decide if the property was commercial or residential. 4 units[me] = residential. 5+ units = commercial. Everybody in the world know's that except the pencil pushing bureaucrats that work? for the city of Anchorage. As I've said before Alaska is run by dirty hippies pretending to be conservatives

So the city gives the OK at 2:30 PM yesterday[how can I thank them?] Now that they are out of the way the contractor is going to town. Trusses dropped off at 6 PM last night being put in place as I type.

This whole thing would have been done a month ago but for government interference/ laziness.

BTW for you liberals the big bad evil money sucking, worker exploiting corporation known as Allstate has been gold to me. All they do is write checks, often for more than I asked for. Of course Allstate treated you well you are a renowned corporate apologist.

Don't know about purple monkey dishwasher but, Eric's (me) bullsh*t detector is going off. Don't be so cheap next time and things may go a little smoother. What? Allstate is writing you checks that you are not spending? LoL... Sorry Jim, you and your contractor are complete idiots if you can't navigate the system a little bette in "the real world.". Unless, you are bank rolling the dough Allstate is giving you and blaming your problems on the liberal, smelly hippies in AK city gov't. ??

You never answered the questions I asked about getting emergency permits and retrofits? If it is that bad... @ least put the tenants up in a hotel...

Sorry... Will leave now, back to your blame game...

Don't know about purple monkey dishwasher but, Eric's (me) bullsh*t detector is going off. Don't be so cheap next time and things may go a little smoother. What? Allstate is writing you checks that you are not spending? LoL... Sorry Jim, you and your contractor are complete idiots if you can't navigate the system a little bette in "the real world.". Unless, you are bank rolling the dough Allstate is giving you and blaming your problems on the liberal, smelly hippies in AK city gov't. ??

You never answered the questions I asked about getting emergency permits and retrofits? If it is that bad... @ least put the tenants up in a hotel...

Can you read? I requested that you not post. Your babbling child like posts are interrupting a adult discussion.

I suggest you confine your self to "hot for teacher" threads. You're drooling retard posts will fit in well there.

Don't forget that Jim wouldn't have even had a boiler explode if he'd embraced green energy from the start. You might try tying this to gun control, too.

Now run along and be a good little liberal.

Can you read? I requested that you not post. Your babbling child like posts are interrupting a adult discussion.

I suggest you confine your self to "hot for teacher" threads. You're drooling retard posts will fit in well there.

you requested someone not to post - man talk about someone feeling entitled.

Liberal? I find it remarkable that EiI can take a leak with out government assistance

Hey dude... @ least I am not on the 1st team slum lord list.

I am thinking... All that dough you got cut by Allstate should have been able to put your tenants in a hotel for 2 months. Then again, they might not want to move back!

you requested someone not to post - man talk about someone feeling entitled.

He (Jim) is in complete control... That's how he got his tenants to brush their teeth in the Burger King washroom the last two months. Feed them a steady diet of: Gov't bad!

Chicago is bad... But the slum lord tactics in Anchorage has got them beat!

I am thinking... All that dough you got cut by Allstate should have been able to put your tenants in a hotel for 2 months. Then again, they might not want to move back!

He (Jim) is in complete control... That's how he got his tenants to brush their teeth in the Burger King washroom the last two months. Feed them a steady diet of: Gov't bad!

Chicago is bad... But the slum lord tactics in Anchorage has got them beat!

We have idiots here and and a lot of really poor posters. You have a large amount of posts here. What amazes me is that, considering the quality of your posts, is that you are still here. Dance on, clown.

Not "my" locks... "ours." Not "over" but, "through."

Sh*t flows down hill. Remember when somebody take a drink in St. Louis, it has passed through 2 people. New Orleans, 4.

:-P

I know, you make it flow backwards. What goes in your ass comes out your mouth. That should be embarrassing for a normal person.

Yeah really Jim. I don't want to be to critical but I have a good friend thats a landlord. He said he wouldn't allow or offer space heaters. He said the insurance policy covers lost rent. Tenants also have renters insurance and if they didn't he would place them in a hotel until his building is back to normal. The city inspector told you 2 weeks and you already know how bad these city employees are and that it will more than likely be longer. Why put your tenants through all this? The only heat they have is from a space heater, they have no hot water to shower or take a bath. Allstate has been gold to you, all they have done is write checks, often for more than you asked for. Why not put these people in a hotel so they do not have to suffer? I am absolutely sure Allstate will have no problem writing you a check for lost rent!

We have idiots here and and a lot of really poor posters. You have a large amount of posts here. What amazes me is that, considering the quality of your posts, is that you are still here. Dance on, clown.

I am just calling the OP's BS. Hey, I didn't get political, he did. I am just firing back @ the nonsense crusade that he is on. Allstate is cutting him checks left and right, gov't is holding up the project... And his tenants are not in a hotel? What's he doing? Buying up supplies on plans that weren't even approved till just recently? No hot water? Where are the 4 families taking showers?

Sounds like a slum lord to me.

No... You are the clown for believing his gov't=bad bit.

Yeah really Jim. I don't want to be to critical but I have a good friend thats a landlord. He said he wouldn't allow or offer space heaters. He said the insurance policy covers lost rent. Tenants also have renters insurance and if they didn't he would place them in a hotel until his building is back to normal. The city inspector told you 2 weeks and you already know how bad these city employees are and that it will more than likely be longer. Why put your tenants through all this? The only heat they have is from a space heater, they have no hot water to shower or take a bath. Allstate has been gold to you, all they have done is write checks, often for more than you asked for. Why not put these people in a hotel so they do not have to suffer? I am absolutely sure Allstate will have no problem writing you a check for lost rent!

They probably did write him a check for lost rent? I wanna know if the renters still paid him? LoL... Walmart can only dream of finding similar employees like his renters! :-O

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Don't forget that Jim wouldn't have even had a boiler explode if he'd embraced green energy from the start. You might try tying this to gun control, too.

Now run along and be a good little liberal.

LoL... That is too funny. I pressed him more for what really caused the fire. Fittings just don't break unless something was done wrong originally. Was there aluminum gas tubing running through walls? Faulty water heater? Maybe. It seems like on his budget, that just may have been the reason. BUT, we are to believe this was truly an act of God. LoL... You wonder why the gov't is taking so long!

Of course he wants me to run along. Like I said... He made it political by calling people out. It is his fault the thread got moved.

What kind of caring person puts 4 families out like this even if the gov't is acting mean and nasty?

Tomato and Exhiled joining up. This is like the opposite of strength in numbers. We should listen to these Chicago guys--maybe they can tell us how to operate a budget or control the violence in your "hood".

Maybe you should. Get a good UNION pipefitter and your water heater won't just "explode."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

All tenants where offered hotels. They prefer to stay at home. I don't know what your friend has against space heaters, a single 1500 watt unit will keep a 600 sq foot apartment at 80 degrees. And I gave them 3.

I give them $260 a month to compensate for the electric the heaters use. What else can I do?

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

LoL... That is too funny. I pressed him more for what really caused the fire. Fittings just don't break unless something was done wrong originally. Was there aluminum gas tubing running through walls? Faulty water heater? Maybe. It seems like on his budget, that just may have been the reason. BUT, we are to believe this was truly an act of God. LoL... You wonder why the gov't is taking so long!

Of course he wants me to run along. Like I said... He made it political by calling people out. It is his fault the thread got moved.

What kind of caring person puts 4 families out like this even if the gov't is acting mean and nasty?

Maybe you should. Get a good UNION pipefitter and your water heater won't just "explode."

Water heater? I guess a boiler does heat water by definition but maybe you should get familiar with the facts here. With your lack of knowledge of the facts it is preposterous that you are giving advice or making judgements. Do you float through everything in life?

Edited by 3rdnlng