home heater boiler [mine] catches fire

And remember when you asked "Does sound travel faster than light in space?" Look how far you've come...

As I retire myself from this place, I pass my mantle on to you. You are now the proud owner of "You're an idiot" and "!@#$ing moron." Use them wisely.

I wish you the best in the retirement home. It isn't the best thing to finally find out that you just don't have it anymore. I'm sure that there will be time for you to reflect on the damage that posters like conner, ducky and park did to you. I for one am sorry that you lost your mojo.

Edited by 3rdnlng

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it. As soon as I saw EiI as the last poster I knew I would have to deal with a babbling idiot and it would go to PPP. Sure enough.

Hey... Don't pin it on me buddy... You are the one who brought up PPP in your post and the political "left" before I even posted. You got nobody to blame but yourself, what did you think was going to happen. You are as smooth as a burlap bag...

Hey... Don't pin it on me buddy... You are the one who brought up PPP in your post and the political "left" before I even posted. You got nobody to blame but yourself, what did you think was going to happen. You are as smooth as a burlap bag...

I ain't your "buddy." Now go back to Alaska tax codes and see if I paid enough.

I ain't your "buddy." Now go back to Alaska tax codes and see if I paid enough.

I never said you didn't pay enough. Just not enough for the kinda service you demand.

Hey... Can you really blame the engineers for not breezing through your plans...?? After all, it was a faulty fitting that caused the fire. Did you you ever find out why? How did it fail? I am thinking it was part of the heater right? I sure hope the Al tubing was NOT running through a partition or wall, that is a no-no on aluminum... Same with wet environments without the proper coating. FWIW, some supplies of natural gas are corrosive. Seems from what you are telling in this thread... There are other issues too... Can you blame them for dragging their feet and going over things with a fine tooth comb? Of course if I was you, I want them to breeze right through the plans to.

Again... Good luck man... Stay safe...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

TYTT--- my guess is that it morphed into a discussion about the red tape necessary and the length of time getting municipal inspections for the work. It then further morphed into the inefficiency of government in general, with guys like EIL saying if JiA paid more in taxes like he does in Illinois, he'd get better service.

Come on now 3rd! Its also highly possible that the city inspector has a work load that suited for more than one person. It seems to me that the city Jim lives in is operating within their budget in terms of man power. Everyone wants better and faster service but if the funds are not there then they have to make due with what they got.

That's it. As soon as I saw EiI as the last poster I knew I would have to deal with a babbling idiot and it would go to PPP. Sure enough.

LOL Jim. You cast the first stone that sent it PPP when you were bloviating about the city inspector being some lazy government / union worker not doing his job. There has to be thousands of people that live in your city? You can't be the only person that has an issue that requires the city inspector to approve the work. So it went to PPP. You got some good responses to the issue. I thought it was a good discussion from all angles. The main thing is no one was hurt. The downside is your tenants and you are being temporarely inconvienced. As far as the city inspector goes its very possible he has a heavy work load. I highly doubt he is sitting back sipping coffee, feet up surfing the web, and filling out a Super Bowl pool while residents of the city he works for are paitently waiting for a serious issue to get resolved. I hope everything gets resloved for your tenants and you. Good luck.

LOL Jim. You cast the first stone that sent it PPP when you were bloviating about the city inspector being some lazy government / union worker not doing his job. There has to be thousands of people that live in your city? You can't be the only person that has an issue that requires the city inspector to approve the work. So it went to PPP. You got some good responses to the issue. I thought it was a good discussion from all angles. The main thing is no one was hurt. The downside is your tenants and you are being temporarely inconvienced. As far as the city inspector goes its very possible he has a heavy work load. I highly doubt he is sitting back sipping coffee, feet up surfing the web, and filling out a Super Bowl pool while residents of the city he works for are paitently waiting for a serious issue to get resolved. I hope everything gets resloved for your tenants and you. Good luck.

There are 260,000 people in the city of Buffalo... In Anchorage, there are 300,000.

I am KINDA calling BS... They seem pretty reasonable... Even have holiday and weekend schedule hours. You can check out the website here: http://www.muni.org/Departments/OCPD/development/BSD/Pages/Inspections.aspx

Download the inspection schedules and what not... But yeah, hooray for the lazy union worker who doesn't want to come out! IMO, seems we are not getting the whole story... Just what the story they want to project.

Heck, it even says this:

"Workload permitting, you may obtain a same-day inspection if your request is called in before 6:00 a.m. the same business day."

Donuts, the local rag, and Super Bowl picks must be getting in the way! ;-)

Come on now 3rd! Its also highly possible that the city inspector has a work load that suited for more than one person. It seems to me that the city Jim lives in is operating within their budget in terms of man power. Everyone wants better and faster service but if the funds are not there then they have to make due with what they got.

Have you figured out where Jim in Anchorage lives yet?

Have you figured out where Jim in Anchorage lives yet?

The previous poster does use the words: "It seems to me:" "It is highly possible." They are not saying that they claim to know it all, especially being tempted with a screenname like the one listed (JiA). But, that is not the issue... Myself, I am calling BS on the whole whole crap that started this silly pissing contest. That is: Jim turning his thread political, having it moved to PPP by slamming people on the left and gov't workers for being union and lazy. That is what inflamed a poster like myself and got the thread moved by the mods. I am calling BS because it appears IF he lives in Anchorage, he can get an inspector out to his house any damn time, including holidays and weekends! BUT, he has to pay a premium above and beyond what is included in the price of a permit... A steep premium to the tune of 300+ dollars an hour with a 2 hour minimum. Again, I guess you get what you pay for. Want them to jump on a cold, dark Saturday morning... You are paying 700 bucks. Isn't' that a small price to pay for 4 families with no heat and hot water, heck think what Allstate is willfully and legally obligated to pay? I am not sure what rent is on one unit, put it has to be close to that amount per month... No. It is cheaper to wait in line for the routine inspection, included in the price of the permit, to come around and make sure things are in order! Who's zoomin' who here? I guess go out and get a few heaters @ Lowe's and strain the electrical system then cry to your tenants (and everybody else on the board) that big bad gov't is putting the hammer and squeeze down on them from taking a hot shower.

What ever facts can be gleaned from this BS story is that they surely suck. I didn't throw the first political volley into this silly argument... He did. He does it all the time. What did he expect placing the thing in OTW and then after 4 pages turn it political. Sorry Charlie, it is what it is.

Yeah, I am dick... But, not a big enough dick not drop a grand on my bread and butter and then slam the gov't...

The previous poster does use the words: "It seems to me:" "It is highly possible." They are not saying that they claim to know it all, especially being tempted with a screenname like the one listed (JiA). But, that is not the issue... Myself, I am calling BS on the whole whole crap that started this silly pissing contest. That is: Jim turning his thread political, having it moved to PPP by slamming people on the left and gov't workers for being union and lazy. That is what inflamed a poster like myself and got the thread moved by the mods. I am calling BS because it appears IF he lives in Anchorage, he can get an inspector out to his house any damn time, including holidays and weekends! BUT, he has to pay a premium above and beyond what is included in the price of a permit... A steep premium to the tune of 300+ dollars an hour with a 2 hour minimum. Again, I guess you get what you pay for. Want them to jump on a cold, dark Saturday morning... You are paying 700 bucks. Isn't' that a small price to pay for 4 families with no heat and hot water, heck think what Allstate is willfully and legally obligated to pay? I am not sure what rent is on one unit, put it has to be close to that amount per month... No. It is cheaper to wait in line for the routine inspection, included in the price of the permit, to come around and make sure things are in order! Who's zoomin' who here? I guess go out and get a few heaters @ Lowe's and strain the electrical system then cry to your tenants (and everybody else on the board) that big bad gov't is putting the hammer and squeeze down on them from taking a hot shower.

What ever facts can be gleaned from this BS story is that they surely suck. I didn't throw the first political volley into this silly argument... He did. He does it all the time. What did he expect placing the thing in OTW and then after 4 pages turn it political. Sorry Charlie, it is what it is.

Yeah, I am dick... But, not a big enough dick not drop a grand on my bread and butter and then slam the gov't...

Why don't you tell this to Jim?

And remember when you asked "Does sound travel faster than light in space?" Look how far you've come...

As I retire myself from this place, I pass my mantle on to you. You are now the proud owner of "You're an idiot" and "!@#$ing moron." Use them wisely.

Say it isn't so Joe! Your retiring from posting?