Here is how I assess this coach and gm

PNW_Bills_Fan

Horsepoop...these are all common misconceptions by most fans.

Let me ask some questions here. How many players on the roster were changed from 2009-2010 in Buddy and Chans first off season / year? Allow me to answer because you are so misinformed.

The Bills changed around 8 players from 09-10 and 2 starters

Offense:

Starting QB 2009 Ryan Fitzpatrick- 2010 Ryan Fitzpatrick...brought in under Jauron / Levy. Gailey gave all pre season reps to Trent Edwards only to cut him after 2 games. Big reason why the team went 0-8, 4-12

Starting RB 2009 Fred Jackson - 2010 same...brought in under Jauron / Levy

Starting WR 2009 Lee Evans -2010 same ...brough in under Donahoe / Mularkey

Starting WR 2009 Terrell Owens**- 2010 Stevie Johnson ...brought in under Jauron / Levy

Starting TE 2009 Shawn Nelson- 2010 David Martin ...Buddy Nix...very little impact player 7 catches for 43 yards

Starting FB 2009 Corey McIntyre- 2010 same...brought in under Jauron / Levy

Starting LT 2998 Demetress Bell- 2010-same...brought in under Jauron / Levy

Starting LG 2009 Andy Levitre-2010-same....Brought in under Jauron / Levy

Starting C 2009 Geoff Hangartner-2010-same...brought in under Jauron / Levy

Starting RT 2009 Eric Wood-2010-same...brought in under Jauron / Levy

Starting RT 2009 Kirk Chambers-2010 Cornell Green 2 mill dollar FA, Buddy Nix (cut after 5 games) Mansfield Wrotto ...very little impact. Erik Pears brought in halfway thru the season as a waiver wire pickup. Still starting

RT was a clusterfuk in 2010 and a very strong reason the team started 0-8 and finished 4-12. Buddy Nix really screwed up this position.

Defense: switched from 4-3 to 3-4

LDE 2009 Chris Kelsay- Marcus Stroud 2010 ...both brought in under Jauron Levy

LDT 2009 Marcus Stroud...brought in under Jauron / Levy

............................................NT 2010 Kyle Williams Brought in under Jauron / levy

RDT 2009 Kyle Williams...brought in under Jauron / Levy

RDE 2009 Aaron Schobel - 2010 Dwan Edwards** Both here under Jauron / levy

LLB Keith Ellison 2009 Jauron / levy

MLB Paul Posluszny 2009 Jauron / Levy

RLB Kawika Mitchel 2009 Jauron / Levy

LOLB Chris Kelsay already here

LILB Aikin Ayodele 2010 FA Buddy Nix...where is this scrub now?

RILB Paul Posluszny already here

ROLB Reggie Tobor 2010 FA Buddy Nix ...where is this scrub now?

LCB Terrance McGee... 2010 Leodis McKelvin both brought in under Jauron / Levy

RCB Drayton Florance...2010 same Jauron / Levy

SS George Wilson...2010 Donte Whitner both brought in under Jauron / levy

FS Jairus Byrd 2010 same brought in under Jauron / levy

K same

P same

KR 2009 Fred Jackson-2010 CJ Spiller

PR 2009 Roscoe Parrish - 2010 CJ Spiller

Players changed in 2010

TE David Martin

RT Cornell Green- Mansfield Wrotto- Erik Pears

LILB Aikin Ayodele

ROLB Reggie Tobor

KR CJ Spiller

In 2010 the the Bills were absolutely desperate for help at several positions. ROT & LOT, DE & LB pass rusher (because Aaron Schoble retired) / run stoppers, all most notable, and Buddy Nix missed on all those positions.

It took 3 years to finally draft a LT, 3 years and 100 million dollars to finally find a pass rushing DE. After 3 years the Bills STILL don't have a franchise QB on the roster, and they haven't even tried to draft one

The Bills STILL have no depth at many positions, and still lack talent at many positions.

Bottom Line, Buddy Nix was a disaster as GM. His choice for HC was a disaster, the HC's choice for DC's in George Edwards and Dave Wannstedt were the biggest disasters of all

To Buddy's credit, the plan for that first year was to tank the season and draft either Luck or Newton.

His plan was pretty good, especially the parts about switching defenses with no players capable of executing the 3-4 and cutting his QB after all of camp and 2 games.

There is no other explanation. There is absolutely no way to defend the above moves if they were trying to win.

Unfortunately, after starting 0-8, they got cute and screwed up the #1 pick and lost out on Newton.

Too bad Buddy fell asleep during the draft the last couple years and they by-passed the QB position.

When Chan and Buddy inherited this team it was a mess. There was very little talent. Buddy has done a good job getting talent and depth. We are not where we need to be yet but we are much better off from 3 years with Buddy than we were with any GM between Butler and Buddy. Now we are missing a couple pieces. We need to keep signing our home grown talent and get the franchise QB we need. In my opinion Chan has half of next year to show me that we are not going to keep this losing cycle. I don't think you change after this year. This is my 2 cents have fun telling me I am wrong.

Yes they inherited a mess, but they have maintained this mess. If it was a mess when they came in, how can you say a poorer record is a good job? To me, it translates to still pretty messy. Was your cable service out on Sunday? Did you not see the monstrosity they call a football team get demolished by Seattle? I do agree with you however that they might as well keep things as they are. If Ralph fires Nix and Gailey, he will only hire another Jauren or Mularkey. Who knows who would be the new GM, but rest assured he would be another guy no one else would want and is a yes man. Nothing changes for this team until new ownership is in place.

Dick did amazing things to win 7 games every year with such a mess of a team

Posters make the leap that the talent was bad because Nix dumped lot of it.

But in retrospect, it turns out Buddy and Chan don't know what talent is - and wasted a lot of it and a lot of time in gutting teh roster and converting to 3-4 and back to a 4-3.

The team still has no LBs 3 years into a re-build

For being talent experts, how could Chan and Buddy hitch their wagon to Trent Edwards and invest all of the off-season and camp in him, only to cut him outright 2 games into the season.

Somebody screwed the pooch n talent evaluation, and Buddy is his name

Something is messed-up with the Bills strategy, no doubt.

There is the Trent Edwards incident. There is the fact that Lynch was "washed up" here and "all world" in Seattle. Why bring in VY and spend all preseason splitting reps with him, only to cut him at the end of the preseason and trade for TJax who has yet to see the inside of a Bills gameday uniform?

If the value was continuity, why not stay a 3-4 team and bring in a DC and players who work well with that scheme, instead of changing the fundamental D scheme 2 years in?

If OBD continues the current football personnel they send a message that almost, just missed, and we know what we have to do are valid responses to poor results year after year.

You are just getting this message now? Try another service provider.

Let,s get real here. Buddy & Chan came in here, immediately switched to the 3-4 and added personnel (drafts and FA) to do so. The second year of the 3-4 switch Buddy & Chan bring in Wanny, a career loser, to help Edwards and it goes to a hybrid BS defense... essentially rinning a 5-2-4 with five DL (2 disguised as OLBs). Which by the way goes against all the "continuity" bulls#it that Buddy just fed you. Then Edwards gets canned, deservedly so, but instead of getting a competent 3-4 guru in here as DC (for the sake of continuity) they hold on to Wanny to switch back to the 3-4.... and in doing so, have to bring in two 4-3 DEs at the cost of $125M to do so (for the sake of continuity). Meanwhile the 24th ranked defense is still where it's been the past 5-6 seasons....ranked in the bottom 25 % of the league (for the sake of continuity).

To boot, every damn year OBD rationalizes their bad behavior to you (for the sake of continuity) and you buy it hook, line, and sinker every damn time. Anyone who buys their crap and believes they're making positive forward steps in winning football games is seriously cognitively challenged.

To Buddy's credit, the plan for that first year was to tank the season and draft either Luck or Newton.

His plan was pretty good, especially the parts about switching defenses with no players capable of executing the 3-4 and cutting his QB after all of camp and 2 games.

There is no other explanation. There is absolutely no way to defend the above moves if they were trying to win.

Unfortunately, after starting 0-8, they got cute and screwed up the #1 pick and lost out on Newton.

Too bad Buddy fell asleep during the draft the last couple years and they by-passed the QB position.

No offense, but that has to be the most ridiculous excuse I've ever read in this forum. No decent GM / HC tanks their first season on purpose. They sucked because of their overall stupidity and moronic hires and moves.

Remember Buddy Nix's first presser? Where Nix made the statement "I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away." He made that statement thinking he had hired the right head coach. He evaluated the roster and thought he could win with the players they already had.

Examples: The FA RT Cornell Green accusation was outright stupidity. thinking that a player who had hit the wall was going to lock down that position. Trusting in Chan Gailey to evaluate players properly was another of Nix's mistakes. Then they had no viable backup RT, 3 stupid moves

Switching to a 3-4 from a 4-3 was outright stupidity considering Nix would start to draft defensive players to for his new 3-4 and then crap canned the 3-4. FA LB Reggie Tobor & FA LB Aikin Ayodele, Then Chan Gailey hires George Edwards to run his new 3-4 defense and kept him for 2 years, 4 stupid moves, and more stupid moves in that first draft.

Drafting CJ Spiller at RB when the team already had RB Marshawn Lynch and needed a LT-RT-pass rusher and a decent set of LBers was a totally stupid move.

Chan Gailey naming and supporting Trent Edwards as his starting QB entering the 2010 pre season. meanwhile giving Edwards the majority of the reps in pre season and splitting the rest of reps between Brian Brohm and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Then cutting Edwards after 2 regular season games and starting Fitz when he wasn't prepared at all to become the starting QB in a new offensive scheme was the biggest reason for going 0-8. 3 stupid moves

Naming CJ Spiller starting RB for the opening game in 2010 when Jackson (hand in a cast) and Lynch (knee sprain)were slightly injured. That starting job lasted 5 offensive plays until Gailey saw that Spiller couldn't block for protections, couldn't find a hole, couldn't run the pass routes, and was Spiller was promptly benched! Jackson went into the game and caught a pass with a cast on his hand! Big stupid move!

Your point about tanking that first season might have some relevance if these two morons didn't keep making mistakes and stupid moves year after year. 15-30 sucks moose dangle

Edited by FeartheLosing

When Chan and Buddy inherited this team it was a mess. There was very little talent. Buddy has done a good job getting talent and depth. We are not where we need to be yet but we are much better off from 3 years with Buddy than we were with any GM between Butler and Buddy. Now we are missing a couple pieces. We need to keep signing our home grown talent and get the franchise QB we need. In my opinion Chan has half of next year to show me that we are not going to keep this losing cycle. I don't think you change after this year. This is my 2 cents have fun telling me I am wrong.

no he hasnt, not at all.

Horsepoop...these are all common misconceptions by most fans.

Let me ask some questions here. How many players on the roster were changed from 2009-2010 in Buddy and Chans first off season / year? Allow me to answer because you are so misinformed.

The Bills changed around 8 players from 09-10 and 2 starters

Offense:

Starting QB 2009 Ryan Fitzpatrick- 2010 Ryan Fitzpatrick...brought in under Jauron / Levy. Gailey gave all pre season reps to Trent Edwards only to cut him after 2 games. Big reason why the team went 0-8, 4-12

Starting RB 2009 Fred Jackson - 2010 same...brought in under Jauron / Levy

Starting WR 2009 Lee Evans -2010 same ...brough in under Donahoe / Mularkey

Starting WR 2009 Terrell Owens**- 2010 Stevie Johnson ...brought in under Jauron / Levy

Starting TE 2009 Shawn Nelson- 2010 David Martin ...Buddy Nix...very little impact player 7 catches for 43 yards

Starting FB 2009 Corey McIntyre- 2010 same...brought in under Jauron / Levy

Starting LT 2998 Demetress Bell- 2010-same...brought in under Jauron / Levy

Starting LG 2009 Andy Levitre-2010-same....Brought in under Jauron / Levy

Starting C 2009 Geoff Hangartner-2010-same...brought in under Jauron / Levy

Starting RT 2009 Eric Wood-2010-same...brought in under Jauron / Levy

Starting RT 2009 Kirk Chambers-2010 Cornell Green 2 mill dollar FA, Buddy Nix (cut after 5 games) Mansfield Wrotto ...very little impact. Erik Pears brought in halfway thru the season as a waiver wire pickup. Still starting

RT was a clusterfuk in 2010 and a very strong reason the team started 0-8 and finished 4-12. Buddy Nix really screwed up this position.

Defense: switched from 4-3 to 3-4

LDE 2009 Chris Kelsay- Marcus Stroud 2010 ...both brought in under Jauron Levy

LDT 2009 Marcus Stroud...brought in under Jauron / Levy

............................................NT 2010 Kyle Williams Brought in under Jauron / levy

RDT 2009 Kyle Williams...brought in under Jauron / Levy

RDE 2009 Aaron Schobel - 2010 Dwan Edwards** Both here under Jauron / levy

LLB Keith Ellison 2009 Jauron / levy

MLB Paul Posluszny 2009 Jauron / Levy

RLB Kawika Mitchel 2009 Jauron / Levy

LOLB Chris Kelsay already here

LILB Aikin Ayodele 2010 FA Buddy Nix...where is this scrub now?

RILB Paul Posluszny already here

ROLB Reggie Tobor 2010 FA Buddy Nix ...where is this scrub now?

LCB Terrance McGee... 2010 Leodis McKelvin both brought in under Jauron / Levy

RCB Drayton Florance...2010 same Jauron / Levy

SS George Wilson...2010 Donte Whitner both brought in under Jauron / levy

FS Jairus Byrd 2010 same brought in under Jauron / levy

K same

P same

KR 2009 Fred Jackson-2010 CJ Spiller

PR 2009 Roscoe Parrish - 2010 CJ Spiller

Players changed in 2010

TE David Martin

RT Cornell Green- Mansfield Wrotto- Erik Pears

LILB Aikin Ayodele

ROLB Reggie Tobor

KR CJ Spiller

In 2010 the the Bills were absolutely desperate for help at several positions. ROT & LOT, DE & LB pass rusher (because Aaron Schoble retired) / run stoppers, all most notable, and Buddy Nix missed on all those positions.

It took 3 years to finally draft a LT, 3 years and 100 million dollars to finally find a pass rushing DE. After 3 years the Bills STILL don't have a franchise QB on the roster, and they haven't even tried to draft one

The Bills STILL have no depth at many positions, and still lack talent at many positions.

Bottom Line, Buddy Nix was a disaster as GM. His choice for HC was a disaster, the HC's choice for DC's in George Edwards and Dave Wannstedt were the biggest disasters of all

how did you even remember all that sutff? Bravo man

no he hasnt, not at all.

how did you even remember all that sutff? Bravo man

Offtopic, but do you really see Ogletree as a fourth-rounder? In my opinion, he's the best ILB in the draft, and a certain first round pick.