Rob Parker's RG3 comments

Captain Hindsight

Now for something completely different

Last week, Rob Parker on ESPN said that RG3 wasnt really black because he had a white fiancee. ESPN then aired the comments 3 times before it was deemed "offensive" and pulled.

I know ESPN has become a real joke the last few years but this is the first time I've seen ESPN employees speak out and talk about the absurdity that First Take and this debate bull **** has become.

http://profootballta...-issue-at-espn/

Could we about to (mercifully) see a change from ESPN?

Edit: Also just found this gem

http://deadspin.com/5070391/a-detroit-columnist-caught-making-stuff-up-surely-not

Edited by Captain Hindsight

It would be great to see ESPN get back to hiring folks who know sports and are good at their craft. I can't stand to watch these Springer-esque shows. Somebody must be watching though, because they keep trotting them out there. Let's hope this embarrassment forces some change.

Remember when they had ombudsman who called them out on this stuff. Do they even have one any more?

hes awful. i commented in the PPP thread that somehow he gets by with less attention than some of the other buffoons on espn, despite often being far more outlandish and far less prepared seemingly. he is just all over the place. attention seeking, using known bad info, comments like these.... just awful.

It would be great to see ESPN get back to hiring folks who know sports and are good at their craft. I can't stand to watch these Springer-esque shows. Somebody must be watching though, because they keep trotting them out there. Let's hope this embarrassment forces some change.

Remember when they had ombudsman who called them out on this stuff. Do they even have one any more?

the issue was people seemed to love tebow news at his peak, and espn mistakenly thought they loved skip bayless. now people want neither. theyve invested a fortune in these shows, and dont know what to do with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw an article saying ESPN is essentially children's television for adult males. It's really the most apt description of ESPN I've ever heard.

Actually, that's insulting to much of the childrens programming these days. Comprehending an episode of Dora the Explorer or Little Einsteins takes significantly more brain power than absorbing a half hour of Sports Center. And frankly, it's more entertaining too.

according to him they were well aware of it in advance of the comments too, confirmation of what many thought

Which is probably why they ultimately chose to fire him. You don't throw the network under the bus, ya Cornball Brother!

Actually, that's insulting to much of the childrens programming these days. Comprehending an episode of Dora the Explorer or Little Einsteins takes significantly more brain power than absorbing a half hour of Sports Center. And frankly, it's more entertaining too.

Yo Gabba Gabba's where it's at.

I can't watch any of the ESPN talk shows. They make me like sports less.