Upgrading the Head Coaching Position

It's sad to say, but I believe this game will bring about the end of Chan Gailey's career in Buffalo. I can't see him staying now.

The foremost question is that will the team be able to truly get an improvement? Gailey was hired after a long, drawn-out process that saw rejections by several candidates. Will it be any different this time? Here's one list I found that had a number of intriguing individuals.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000084807/article/chip-kelly-perry-fewell-among-top-nfl-head-coach-candidates

The nightmare is that it gets even harder to get a head coach and the Bills end up settling for one once again.

Ralph Wilson has burned soo many bridges with bad business moves its sickening!

Trust me those people hes burned are still in the NFL and word of mouth is plenty enough for any coach to laugh at us !

Once the ownership changes so does the way quality coaches look at us!

I wanted Billick back when Nx took over GM duties and I still think he would be good choice now, but...

I think the best course of action is for Nix to step down as GM, name Whaley as his succesor and let him bring a rookie HC with a QB drafted early in next year draft.

I wanted Billick back when Nx took over GM duties and I still think he would be good choice now, but...

I think the best course of action is for Nix to step down as GM, name Whaley as his succesor and let him bring a rookie HC with a QB drafted early in next year draft.

This is the best option. Why on earth he chose Gailey over Billick, who was practically lobbying for the job is beyond me.

Hand 10 percent of the team ownership to Bellichek, seriously.

Even with spy gate and whatever else he has done, he is easily the best active coach in the NFL and would increase the value of the franchise by more than the ten percent Ralph would be giving up. Even the haters would bow and kiss his ring if he were introduced as the football czar in Buffalo.

oh christ the LAST guy i want here is belicheat. unless he brings marcia, otherwise he goes back to the painfully sub mediocre coach hes been his entire non-brady career

and billick hasnt been hired again for a reason - he fell into one sb and sucked the rest of the time

right now im not too broken up over the idea of chan and co returning for one more shot. the lack of this team to compete more consistently is a big concern but there also is some potential explanations (no real wr2, poor lbs, fitz inability to hit long balls). starting over, again, just seems worse than giving these guys another cycle to see if they can get what they need and finish the job they started

i guess im really worried that the massive uncertainty of the franchise as it waits on ralphs countdown clock means we are likely to just get another mularkey or moobs or dickball. if we really could finally get a really good coach and/or gm id be for it but that just seems way unlikely. we could actually do worse than buddy/chan

then again, if ralph swallows his pride and rehires polian id throw all that out the window. but that aint happening

Edited by Meathead

Probably someone from the Pittsburgh coaching tree, maybe Ray Horton, the Cardinals DC, who played in the league, and coached under Dick LaBeau.

What's the word in Arizona about Horton? Is he charismatic enough to be a HC in this league or is he one of them coordinators only?

It's sad to say, but I believe this game will bring about the end of Chan Gailey's career in Buffalo. I can't see him staying now.

The foremost question is that will the team be able to truly get an improvement? Gailey was hired after a long, drawn-out process that saw rejections by several candidates. Will it be any different this time? Here's one list I found that had a number of intriguing individuals.

http://www.nfl.com/n...oach-candidates

The nightmare is that it gets even harder to get a head coach and the Bills end up settling for one once again.

There are so many other coaches out there that would be a upgrade. Marty S. , Marc Trestman , Andy R .

Norv or Romeo (not) Hey what ever happened to George Seifert ?

Then of coarse the ones we have no chance of getting like Gruden , Dungee , Cowher ...