Whatcha gonna do with your little pop guns?

You're certainly sporting the right avatar.

So basically what you're saying is that you are unable to address my points in a thoughtful, logical manner, and instead have decided that being a dickhead is preferable.

Tell me, what do you believe to be the difference between a right and a privilege?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has a problem with the guns in your home, Tasker. But almost everyone will have a problem if your guns leave your home with someone you did not intend, for a malevolent purpose.

And sending your children to an armed fortress. I am not so worried about the trained personal... It is who may access them. Break-ins... Knowing every school has weapons? I don't know, the criminals out there... Where do you think they would want to break-in first when nobody is around for tne night? A place w/guns or without guns... Skip the places without... Break-in to places where one can steal the guns!

Then there is the "accident factor."

LoL... I think of the old Dragnet episode from 1969: Speak Your Mind

http://www.tv.com/m/shows/dragnet/public-affairs-dr-07-146354/

Wow... How far we have come in 40+ years!

So basically what you're saying is that you are unable to address my points in a thoughtful, logical manner, and instead have decided that being a dickhead is preferable.

Tell me, what do you believe to be the difference between a right and a privilege?

As soon as you tell me how a gun is a tool.

As soon as you tell me how a gun is a tool.

This is not your sandbox where you will dictate to me what my behaviors will be. You don't get to insult me, **** all over anyone who opposes your myopic and tyrannical viewpoint, and then demand that I argue the way you want me to argue.

And, for the record, your own definition in another thread explained how a gun is a tool, and you acknowledged it.

Be a grownup or GTFO.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

This is not your sandbox where you will dictate to me what my behaviors will be. You don't get to insult me, **** all over anyone who opposes your myopic and tyrannical viewpoint, and then demand that I argue the way you want me to argue.

And, for the record, your own definition in another thread explained how a gun is a tool, and you acknowledged it.

Be a grownup or GTFO.

Actually, as this is an unmoderated internet message board, I can do EXACTLY that. I read your post where you answered the question - pretty funny edit dude. :)

So by your definition, a gun is a tool because it is:

an instrument of manual operation

and

used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose

I'm thinking of something else that fits that definition. Guess who?

You're all fired up...lol

The U.S. Already Had a Conversation About Guns—and the Pro Side Won.

“Current policy isn’t an NRA conspiracy. Americans have become increasingly opposed to controls even as debate on the subject rages.”

But the lefties are hoping they can use a combination of tragedy and bullying to change the game.

(Have someone read it to you Gene)

“Current policy isn’t an NRA conspiracy. Americans have become increasingly opposed to controls even as debate on the subject rages.”

But the lefties are hoping they can use a combination of tragedy and bullying to change the game.

Lol, laws and public sentiment change all the time my man.

Oh, you can demand it all you'd like, just as you can demand the sky rain down $100 bills and gum drops. You'll be sad to discover that your results will be similar.

As an aside, I find it amusing that you've taken it upon yourself to dismiss dictionary definitions that you yourself have introduced because they are decidedly inconvenient to your argument.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I'm not dismissing it, it's just a pretty broad definition of the word you're clinging to when there are other words that are more focused and accurate.

That depends on how you view the subject matter.

You fear guns and see them only as devices of destruction and violence.

I respect them, and view them as a vital tool in the defense of my family.

That depends on how you view the subject matter.

You fear guns and see them only as devices of destruction and violence.

I respect them, and view them as a vital tool in the defense of my family.

I agree with you. BUT, it is easier to control the item itself rather than the mentality in 100 million people about those items.

When I think of this... I think of all sorts of stuff... From dangerous dog breeds to the proliferation of weaponry/guns.

Again... I am not being black & white.

Even if it was discussed before there is no reason not to have it on the table now. These shootings are major problems. Are the guns themselves the problems? Probably not. But going through each aspect of the problem systematically is the best way to isolate the cause and fix it.

It's just a shame both sides will play politics, while more incidents are bound to happen.

A right is something idiots hide behind when they have run out of a priori justifications for behaving in the manner they desire.

A right is something idiots hide behind when they have run out of a priori justifications for behaving in the manner they desire.

So you're an idiot hiding behind the concept of the children of Newtown's flimsy "right to life"? You can't have it both ways, junior.

Now, try again if you have the skill:

What's the difference between a right and a privlidge?

So you're an idiot hiding behind the concept of the children of Newtown's flimsy "right to life"? You can't have it both ways, junior.

Now, try again if you have the skill:

What's the difference between a right and a privlidge?

First, learn to spell privilege.

Second, you can't possibly think that the two rights are the same thing.