Hysterical Ref-Related Thread on Pats* Fan Boards

MattM

Can't link to it since I'm on my IPad, but there's an absolutely hysterical discussion of how the "uncatchable ball" exception to PI is no longer being enforced apparently because Pats* fans haven't seen it called all year. Maybe that's because YOU ALL ONLY WATCH PATS * GAMES WHERE IT'S NEVER CALLED AGAINST YOU. Finally, towards the end of the thread a guy admits that that should have been the call on our PI in the end zone. As they might have said on Seinfeld, "Comedy gold, Jerry, comedy gold...."

It's only really enforced when it is very clear, it's hard to determine whether a wr could have caught it if he want interfered with, so they tend to get the benefit of the doubt.

Clear? You mean like when the ball lands 10 yards out of bounds coming almost straight down on a bomb from midfield (you know, like the one they called on us against them)?

Clear? You mean like when the ball lands 10 yards out of bounds coming almost straight down on a bomb from midfield (you know, like the one they called on us against them)?

That one was kind of questionable, but the one we are talking about is the one on the Texans. How many times do you see a miraculous sideline catch with the receiver fully extended just barely with feet in bounds though? It happens often enough, if there is a question the receiver gets the benefit of the doubt no matter what the team.

And that game (Bills/Pats) there were questionable calls both ways, refs are not infallible, they are human. It is the first reaction as a fan to think you are getting hosed and to ignore the bad calls in your favor.

Watching that game the other night, it was unreal how the refs jobbed the Texans, especially in the first half.

Don't you know that if you ever question the NFL refs, especially in regard to a Pats* game, you're most definitely a paranoid, delusional conspiracy theorist?

Watching that game the other night, it was unreal how the refs jobbed the Texans, especially in the first half.

Same happened to the Bills @ Pats* during first quarter. They were pulling out flags left and right, trying to set the tone. The Cheatriot tone. I was reading some great conspiracy stuff on the Ravens fan board. How the refs wait for the play with the greatest momentum swing. Reminded me of how they took a Fred Jackson screen for a first in the first drive of game, called a phantom holding call, nowhere near the play. turned a first into a 3rd and very long. Huge momentum swings. When the pats get called for holding, it's always after they get stuffed. I've NEVER seen one nullify a big play for them.

I don't know what Pats fan you know but every Pats fan I know knows who Bledsoe was and what he did for this frachise, growing up in the 90's he was my favorite player as a kid.

Same happened to the Bills @ Pats* during first quarter. They were pulling out flags left and right, trying to set the tone. The Cheatriot tone. I was reading some great conspiracy stuff on the Ravens fan board. How the refs wait for the play with the greatest momentum swing. Reminded me of how they took a Fred Jackson screen for a first in the first drive of game, called a phantom holding call, nowhere near the play. turned a first into a 3rd and very long. Huge momentum swings. When the pats get called for holding, it's always after they get stuffed. I've NEVER seen one nullify a big play for them.

That was just a poorly officiated game, Pats got hosed on as many calls as the bills did if not more.