Does Nix have any clue what he is doing? going after QB

Bronc24

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my eyes nix has done a GREAT job improving this team. The record might not show it right now but the problem is the coach and QB. Nix went out and got Mario and Anderson (Two of the too DE in FA) and that's something no other GM would of done here in Buffalo. Just about everyone thought we had a legit QB in Fitz when we started 5-1 a season ago and so did Nix. He thought he would better the team around him to see if he would take his game to the next level but that hasn't worked and Nix isn't stupid and knows its time for a new QB. O-line and D-line is a lot better and he has even said plenty of times on GR that their are positions on this team that needs upgrades. Can't blame Nix on our pathetic coach because what other choice did he have? He try to bring in a big name coach but they didn't want to come to Buffalo. Is that his fault? Nope! Is it his fault the bills have a bad rep? Nope! But he sure changed things by bringing in Mario and even taking a chance with Shawne (that has been a big influence in bringing in some other FAs). Nix is also not going to go on air and throw his coach under the bus.

Nix has done a damn great job and like him as a GM. Let him finish and fine a QB and see how things will change. But I do see better talent on this team but Gailey blows!

Give some damn credit to Nix.

No offense homer, but "IF"Buddy Nix knew wth he was doing in the draft he wouldn't have needed to spend 100 mill on a DE / pass rusher and another 12 mill on a dud / bust DE. He could have drafted Aldon Smith at LBer or JJ Watt at DE. The man has no clue what he is doing as a talent evaluator, that is a pretty sad statement against a former chief scout. So what does that say about Buddy Nix the GM when he hires a coach that marries a broken QB for the last 3 years, and the overall record is W/L 15-30 :sick: Nix should have fixed that O line BEFORE the 2010 season, and not 3 years later

As for the QB, again "IF" Nix knew wth he was doing he could have drafted Andy Dalton over scrub CB Aaron Williams in the 2nd in 2011. Come to think of it Nix had his choice of the 4 out of 5 top picks in 2011 and he chose the only player to not make the pro bowl. He could have traded back and taken one of the two defensive players I mentioned or taken the WR-WR-CB

Buddy Nix is what his record says he is after 3 years, probably 18-30 after the season. Pretty damn bad in my view.

Edited by FeartheLosing

In the five drafts from 2005-09, there were 18 QB's taken from picks 20-100. Of that group, only Aaron Rodgers is what I would consider a long term starter. If you add in the 2010 and 2011 drafts, there were 6 guys taken in this range, and early returns indicate that 1 of them will be a long term guy (Dalton) with one having potential (Kaepernick). That's 24 guys with, at most, 3 having a high enough ceiling to be a starter.

Each draft is different, but with the value teams place on QB, finding a guy late in the first or in the second and third isn't that great of odds. This is what happens when you don't get one from the beginning and stubbornly reject conventional wisdom of taking one high early in a rebuild.

I don't disagree with you, but going back years and years the only good first round QBs have passed upon are Jay Cutler and Joe Flacco. They've had a ton of bad luck with regard to draft position despite being below .500 just about every year. Now Cutler and Flacco have their flaws, but both are talented and both are significantly better than who the Bills have trotted out over the years.

I don't disagree with you, but going back years and years the only good first round QBs have passed upon are Jay Cutler and Joe Flacco. They've had a ton of bad luck with regard to draft position despite being below .500 just about every year. Now Cutler and Flacco have their flaws, but both are talented and both are significantly better than who the Bills have trotted out over the years.

I'm not on board with draft position being a luck thing. There are no guarantees in the draft, but with QB supply far exceeded by demand, fortune favors the bold. GM's who need a QB or but remain unwilling to pay the price to move up when they draft outside the top 10 typically are those drafting high again.

For this team to ever have a chance, they'll need a GM who doesn't take 4 drafts to realize his team cannot put a good QB on the field. Because doing so mean a bad to mediocre football team, as evidenced by the three seasons of this supposed "rebuild."

Edited by BillsVet