Rush inducted into the RnR Hall of Fame!

JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I saw it too. Exciting!

But I can't confirm it on Ticketmaster or Rush's website. They leave North America for Europe in May. I'm assuming they'll hit the outdoor NY venues in July or August.

Rush has announced the Spring 2013 leg of the continuation of the Clockwork Angels tour!

April 23 Austin, TX @ Frank Erwin Center April 26 Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ BB&T Center April 28 Orlando, FL @ Amway Center May 1 Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena May 3 Raleigh, NC @ PNC Arena May 5 Virginia Beach, VA @ Farm Bureau Live At Virginia Beach May 7 Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena May 9 Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun May 11 Atlantic City @ Etess Arena

Got my tickets for the Raleigh show yesterday.

Nice! Did you go VIP or regular? What seats were available?

I went with the regular pre sale, there were no floor seats available even though I got in right when it started. I ended up with "center ice" seats about 10 rows up.

In other news it was announced that the Foo Fighters will induct Rush into the hall.

http://m.rushisaband...ll-Hall-of-Fame

• 4 weeks later...

Rush announces summer leg of north american tour:

Jun-21 Hershey, PA Giant Center

Jun-23 Wantagh, NY Nikon at Jones Beach Theater

Jun-25 Saratoga, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center

Jun-28 Chicago, IL First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre

Jun-30 Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena

Jul-2 Cincinnati, OH Riverbend Music Center

Jul-4 Milwaukee, WI Summerfest

Jul-6 Hamilton, ON Copps Coliseum

Jul-12 Halifax, NS Halifax Metro Centre

Jul-24 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome

Jul-26 Vancouver, BC Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena

Jul-28 Portland, OR Sleep Country Amphitheater

Jul-31 Salt Lake City, UT USANA Amphitheatre

Aug-2 Denver, CO Pepsi Center

Aug-4 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center

Of course, the only time I can't go is the end of June and that's when they're around me. I might be able to make Hamilton ON on 7/6.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Rush announces summer leg of north american tour:

Jun-21 Hershey, PA Giant Center

Jun-23 Wantagh, NY Nikon at Jones Beach Theater

Jun-25 Saratoga, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center

Jun-28 Chicago, IL First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre

Jun-30 Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena

Jul-2 Cincinnati, OH Riverbend Music Center

Jul-4 Milwaukee, WI Summerfest

Jul-6 Hamilton, ON Copps Coliseum

Jul-12 Halifax, NS Halifax Metro Centre

Jul-24 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome

Jul-26 Vancouver, BC Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena

Jul-28 Portland, OR Sleep Country Amphitheater

Jul-31 Salt Lake City, UT USANA Amphitheatre

Aug-2 Denver, CO Pepsi Center

Aug-4 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center

Of course, the only time I can't go is the end of June and that's when they're around me. I might be able to make Hamilton ON on 7/6.

I pretty much will no longer attend a concert in a big venue like those. Something about being 30 feet from the stage and 2 feet from a bar that is appealing to me. Or better yet leaning on the stage and a cocktail waitress getting me drinks. :D

Earlier in the thread I know that Yes was mentioned a few times about why they aren't in yet. Well Chris Squire was asked recently about Rush getting in before Yes.

Rush are getting inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Are you at all miffed they got it before you?

[Laughs] No, I can't object to that. Logistically, it's probably difficult for whoever the committee is to bring in Yes. Rush is fairly simple. It's the same three guys and always has been. They deserve to be there, no doubt about that. But there still seems to be a certain bias towards early-Seventies prog rock bands like Yes and King Crimson.

I still think it's weird that Chicago isn't in. That to me is odd. In our case, we're on our 18th member. If we ever do get inducted, it would be only fair to have all the members, old and new. So that may be a problem for the committee. I don't know.

But you're not angry about it?

No, of course not. I've got plenty of other awards.

http://music.yahoo.c...ling-stone.html

• 1 month later...

Tonight's the night! That music museum in Cleveland finally gains some credibility with the induction of Rush.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ll-of-fame.html

I'm hearing Rush will perform the obvious tunes: Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio and maybe some YYZ.

Big day for Rush and Rush fans worldwide. Rush Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Induction is long overdue and well deserved. Alex, Neil, and Geddy are some the greatest musicians and people to ever grace this planet. Words alone cannot express the positive impact Rush has had on my life. I can honestly say ''I have dined on honeydew and drink the milk of paradise''.

Unless John Rutsey is right there with them, this is a sham.

Not sure if you're serious or not, but just in case Rutsey passed away a few years ago. Also, the HOF recently announced that he would not be included as a member of Rush, just Geddy, Alex and Neil are going in. I agree that is a sham that he isn't included as he was a part of Rush, albeit a small one.

Edited by BillsFanNC

Not sure if you're serious or not, but just in case Rutsey passed away a few years ago. Also, the HOF recently announced that he would not be included as a member of Rush, just Geddy, Alex and Neil are going in. I agree that is a sham that he isn't included as he was a part of Rush, albeit a small one.

I wasn't being serious, but I had no idea the dude was dead. Oops. I consider the HOF a complete joke, but if there ever was a legitimate HOF, I wouldn't expect Rutsey to be mentioned, other than in a band bio.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how I missed this during induction week, but Jeff Miers of TBN hits the nail on the head IMO on why Rush is so often dissed by rock critics.

http://www.buffalone...GUSTO/130419178

“It ain’t ever gonna happen. Regardless of their success, Rush have never achieved critical acclaim and no one will ever vote for them ... most of it gives me a headache... Technical proficiency is not a valid reason to induct an artist, and Rush really hasn’t done anything unique.”

Tonight, as the class of 2013 is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, via a ceremony at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, the air will be filled with many beautiful sounds – from the performers, to the high-profile artists chosen to induct those performers with speeches, to the assembled cheering on their heroes.

But most beautiful of all for some will be the sound of Rolling Stone senior editor and rock hall board member David Wild, who is the man quoted above, eating his words. For tonight, the Canadian progressive rock trio Rush will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

So when Rush joins the rest of the class of 2013 (Public Enemy, Heart, Randy Newman, Albert King and Donna Summer) in the rock hall tonight, it will be difficult for many of us to view this as anything less than a victory for rock music that dares to be unapologetically itself, regardless of the strictures placed upon that music by the supposed tastemakers. Rush songs have consistently traded in lyrics that celebrate the individual, that honor integrity in one’s actions, that place a high premium on the ability of hard-earned, vigilantly protected dreams to elevate individual existence beyond the pale of the status quo. Tonight, that consistent vision is being honored right alongside the three men who have fostered and protected it for four decades.

How’s it taste, David Wild?

• 7 months later...

If Yes gets in, Chris Squire wants Rush to induct them..

http://kearth101.cbs...and-jimmy-page/

If you get in, who would you want to do the speech?

I haven’t given it much thought, maybe those Rush guys who got in last year! I’m pretty good friends with Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins (of the Foo Fighters) and they did a great speech for Rush… so probably not them, since they just did one. But if you know Geddy (Lee), let him know that that would be fine by me. I don’t know how these things work, though, I don’t know how much control we have, how much control the voting committee has, and of course we’re still kind of wondering how many members of Yes would be inducted.