Would you take this if there were no other option?

cmjoyce113

I don't want to see Gailey fired if his replacement is just going to be another tired, proven head coach failure like a Wannstedt or a Turner. Who knows...maybe this blind squirrel will find his nut next season.

A Norv Turner coached Offsense would be awesome...Spiller will get his 25 touches a game. This big OL is ideal for a Norv run offense. Wanny would be an OK HC to have, especially with Norv in the fold.

Ugh..no thanks. I want fresh blood if we're to fire chan. Since none of the premier coaches (cowher) will ever come to b-lo, I'd prefer to go the way of the bucs and 49ers: get a young college coach with an attitude and some fire who has something to prove. That's the way I want to go.

The nfl has evolved, and the notion that college coaches can't win in the NFL is no longer true: see schiano, harbaugh, carroll. 3 of the more exciting teams in the nfl.

Ugh..no thanks. I want fresh blood if we're to fire chan. Since none of the premier coaches (cowher) will ever come to b-lo, I'd prefer to go the way of the bucs and 49ers: get a young college coach with an attitude and some fire who has something to prove. That's the way I want to go.

The nfl has evolved, and the notion that college coaches can't win in the NFL is no longer true: see schiano, harbaugh, carroll. 3 of the more exciting teams in the nfl.

All of this. When John Harbaugh started with the Ravens in 2008, I thought it was lightning in a bottle. But we're seeing more & more young or new-to-the-NFL coaches come on the scene and have success almost immediately. Schiano, Jim Harbaugh, Mike Smith, & Chuck Pagano (though Bruce Arians is an NFL veteran) have all had success in their first year as HC. It really is time to get someone with drive, hunger, and - most importantly - enthusiasm.

I don't count Pete Carroll as new because he has been a head coach in the NFL, but I love the enthusiasm and excitement he brings to a team. Besides, he can now buy players a new house and won't get disciplined for it!

I'm all for the continuity thing, unless there's no improvement..which there hasn't been. I like Chan, but he's not getting it done. Apparently, you still can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Edited by BuffaloWings

All of this. When John Harbaugh started with the Ravens in 2008, I thought it was lightning in a bottle. But we're seeing more & more young or new-to-the-NFL coaches come on the scene and have success almost immediately. Schiano, Jim Harbaugh, Mike Smith, & Chuck Pagano (though Bruce Arians is an NFL veteran) have all had success in their first year as HC. It really is time to get someone with drive, hunger, and - most importantly - enthusiasm.

The common theme of all those coaches are that they have a Franchise QB and a solid defense. Without those, I just don't see how a coach will come to the Bills.

The common theme of all those coaches are that they have a Franchise QB and a solid defense. Without those, I just don't see how a coach will come to the Bills.

Agreed, except for maybe in San Francisco's case. Yes, they had Alex Smith, but he had shown nothing until Jim Harbaugh showed up. Funny thing...I almost threw Mike Tomlin into that list, but I actually thought what you said - he already had a franchise QB and solid defense in place.

I guess you can say the pieces were in place for each of these teams, but they needed a guy to pull them all together in the right way.

Agreed, except for maybe in San Francisco's case. Yes, they had Alex Smith, but he had shown nothing until Jim Harbaugh showed up. Funny thing...I almost threw Mike Tomlin into that list, but I actually thought what you said - he already had a franchise QB and solid defense in place.

I guess you can say the pieces were in place for each of these teams, but they needed a guy to pull them all together in the right way.

Schiano went to the Bucs after Freeman had a pretty poor season last season and look at them now. Harbaugh w/Alex Smith in SF turned them into a championship-level team. We have some pieces in place guys..we need the COACH to take us over the hump. We'll probably finish 7-9 this season. A different coach could easily have this same group of players at 9-7..there's no doubt in my mind.

Edited by bobobonators

Schiano went to the Bucs after Freeman had a pretty poor season last season and look at them now. Harbaugh w/Alex Smith in SF turned them into a championship-level team. We have some pieces in place guys..we need the COACH to take us over the hump. We'll probably finish 7-9 this season. A different coach could easily have this same group of players at 9-7..there's no doubt in my mind.

agree Schiano made the Bucs respectable in a nanosecond........Tampa's D last year was laughable.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

What if Nix wanted continuity but was willing to change the head coach? What if he fired Gailey, promoted Wanstadt and hirers someone like norv turner as offensive coordinator? Would you be on board since Nix wants continuity?

Continuity of what? Losing?

Most of the fan base wanted wannstedt fired weeks ago, now you propose making him the head coach :doh: Only Bills fans...

A Norv Turner coached Offsense would be awesome...Spiller will get his 25 touches a game. This big OL is ideal for a Norv run offense. Wanny would be an OK HC to have, especially with Norv in the fold.

Not in my view! Good lord no to Norv, wannstooge, and Gailey

Turner wouldn't give Spiller 25 touches as he is another Chan Gailey clone who ignores the run game in favor of passing all game long.

Norv took a 14-2 team with some of the very best talent in the NFL and ran them into the ground. Philip Rivers was a top 10 QB and now looks worse then Fitz in some games.

Dave Wannstedt is a moron of unspeakable depths. The man has had the best player talent on defense that the Bills have fielded for the last decade and set NFL records for being bad.

Talk about a conglomeration of losers....RW could fire this entire staff and it would be the smartest thing he has done in a decade

Edited by FeartheLosing

Continuity of what? Losing?

Most of the fan base wanted wannstedt fired weeks ago, now you propose making him the head coach :doh: Only Bills fans...

Not in my view! Good lord no to Norv, wannstooge, and Gailey

Turner wouldn't give Spiller 25 touches as he is another Chan Gailey clone who ignores the run game in favor of passing all game long.

Norv took a 14-2 team with some of the very best talent in the NFL and ran them into the ground. Philip Rivers was a top 10 QB and now looks worse then Fitz in some games.

Dave Wannstedt is a moron of unspeakable depths. The man has had the best player talent on defense that the Bills have fielded for the last decade and set NFL records for being bad.

Talk about a conglomeration of losers....RW could fire this entire staff and it would be the smartest thing he has done in a decade

I am not "proposing" anything. I am simply saying what if Nix is the man and there are NO other options. What if there is Chan Gailey, or hire someone on the currect staff and hire an offensive coordinator? Because that is the only way I see Nix making any kind of change. I do not want the above scenario, it was just a thought as to something I could see Nix doing.

What if Nix wanted continuity but was willing to change the head coach? What if he fired Gailey, promoted Wanstadt and hirers someone like norv turner as offensive coordinator? Would you be on board since Nix wants continuity?

so like dallas circa 1992 without jimmy johnson?

Have we sunk to such a nadir as to deem this scenario O.K.? Why not hire Bruce Coslet, Ritchie Kotite, or Wayne Fontes to coach the team? I want nothing to do with Wannstedt or, for that matter, Norv Turner. Enough with the stumblebums already! And Nix can stick his "continuity" up his country-bumpkin derriere.

Pete Carroll is another one of those retred head coaches fans love to be Jeckle and Hyde with - happy when winning and calling for them to be fired in mid-game first game of the season when losing.