The Marshawn Lynch trade; three years later

peterpan

Its been 3 years and we play Seattle this week so I think we can grade out this trade.

Lynch for a 4th and 6th.

Those two picks turned into Hairston (backup tackle) and Tank Carder (cut during his 1st preseason).

Given that we also have Jackson and Spiller, was this is good trade?

I say HELLO NO. Discuss

Edited by peterpan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been 3 years and we play Seattle this week so I think we can grade out this trade.

Lynch for a 4th and 6th.

Those two picks turned into Hairston (backup tackle) and Tank Carder (cut during his 1st preseason).

Given that we also have Jackson and Spiller, was this is good trade?

I say HELLO NO. Discuss

I don't think the trade had anything too do with Lynch's skill level. he was a douche, and seemed like he didn't want to be here. The fact that Nix cannot draft to save his life just adds to the bad situation that trade has become. In the end who wouldn't want Lynch if he was a dedicated Bill? One thing for sure the Seahags love him.

Hairston before his injury seemed to regress this year. Maybe he can find his MoJo again next year. I think they drafted Crdner because of his first name? Has he even been active this year?

It always amazes me how people forget the messes marshawn created. Police at practice, potential of teammates being subpoenaed.

And no one remembers his DUI just a couple months ago.

He's a time bomb. Seattle has been lucky its been just one arrest so far.

Carder was cut during the preaseason and signed with the Browns.

Is anyone else tired of this model citizen crap? Our team sucks, if we were good then I would be OK with oly drafting good guys. But we suck. We should have taken that Janoris Jenkins - he is a better CB than Gilmore.

I don't think the trade had anything too do with Lynch's skill level. he was a douche, and seemed like he didn't want to be here. The fact that Nix cannot draft to save his life just adds to the bad situation that trade has become. In the end who wouldn't want Lynch if he was a dedicated Bill? One thing for sure the Seahags love him.

Hairston before his injury seemed to regress this year. Maybe he can find his MoJo again next year. I think they drafted Crdner because of his first name? Has he even been active this year?

You can't avoid douches in the NFL. I just want them to be OUR douches.

It always amazes me how people forget the messes marshawn created. Police at practice, potential of teammates being subpoenaed.

I disagreed then and I disagree now. He was an every down kick ass running back in the NFL. And the best you get for him was a 4th?

I want to count on them every Sunday. Marshawn didn't show up weekly (remember that fun stretch when he was out of shape, or better yet suspended).

He had a ton of red flags and we gave him a shot. Don't give me some bs about only getting good guys at the expense of talent PP. also, remind me what getting buffoons got Detroit, or cincy, or Dallas?

The the Buffalo Bills were an organization of choir boys then maybe your points would ahve some weight.

But this is football, some of the best players are thugs. I dont care, just win a !@#$ing game.

Carder was cut during the preaseason and signed with the Browns.

Is anyone else tired of this model citizen crap? Our team sucks, if we were good then I would be OK with oly drafting good guys. But we suck. We should have taken that Janoris Jenkins - he is a better CB than Gilmore.

Couldn't agree more.....notice how a good team like Pats got a guy like Talib for not much and he already returned a Int for a TD, but hey we have nice guys like Chris cant make a play Kelsay.

I disagreed then and I disagree now. He was an every down kick ass running back in the NFL. And the best you get for him was a 4th?

It was really ugly. Hence a 4 and 6 was the best offer for him. If he was so reliably great, where were the offers. Again - we dealt with him out of shape, we dealt with arrests, suspensions, and a host of buffoonery and he's been arrested for DUI this year too. Given the events of the weekend and knowing Stevie was a passenger in his drunk accident a few years back.... You really see no value in him not being here simply for the good of the lockerroom? Not having police at practice? Not having his contract on the books if he does more stuff?

The threat of subpoena for teammates always really stuck out for me as "wow...."

I think getting Stevie away from him is also a really good thing.

He needed a change of scenery. It was best for both to part ways.

Agreed. I hear he's still up to his old ways but atleast a clean(ish) slate for him there.

Another thing most don't think about - he has some nasty back problems that have lingered. Not just off field issues.