When was the last time we beat a "good" team?

uticaclub

Haha. Ok. So let's the say the Broncos were a good team by your definition. That's two good teams the Bills have beaten in the last three years. Unless you'd like to make an argument for the 2010 7-9 Dolphins. That Chad Henne has potential. I guess facts just make me a negative person who hates his life and takes it out on the poor oppressed Bills.

Edited by Pondslider

Haha. Ok. So let's the say the Broncos were a good team by your definition. That's two good teams the Bills have beaten in the last three years. Unless you'd like to make an argument for the 2010 7-9 Dolphins. That Chad Henne has potential. I guess facts just make me a negative person who hates his life and takes it out on the poor oppressed Bills.

Quit taking things so personally Pondslider.

You're starting to act like RJ.

In 07 we beat the ravens a playoff fixture over the last decade and we also took down the redskins on the road, a team that would surge to the playoffs winning their last four. In 08 we destroyed Seattle who were coming off of a string of playoff appearances then racked up wins over over Jacksonville and San Diego who were also coming off of playoff appearances. We then beat Denver on the road who were fighting for the playoffs. In 09 we racked up huge wins in the road in back to back weeks against the jets who would go on to play in the conference championship and Carolina who went 12-4 the year before. Later that year of course we destroyed a colts team that would go 14-2 and was a play away from winning the Super Bowl. The signature win in the '10 season came late in the year when the dolphins came into our stadium with big playoff hopes and left with their dreams shattered. The franchise posted a number of great wins in 11 in addition to the new England game including over co-division champs Oakland and Denver. Just thus year we went on the road against a 4-1 Arizona team coming off a road win at the pats and came away with the W.

In 07 we beat the ravens a playoff fixture over the last decade and we also took down the redskins on the road, a team that would surge to the playoffs winning their last four. In 08 we destroyed Seattle who were coming off of a string of playoff appearances then racked up wins over over Jacksonville and San Diego who were also coming off of playoff appearances. We then beat Denver on the road who were fighting for the playoffs. In 09 we racked up huge wins in the road in back to back weeks against the jets who would go on to play in the conference championship and Carolina who went 12-4 the year before. Later that year of course we destroyed a colts team that would go 14-2 and was a play away from winning the Super Bowl. The signature win in the '10 season came late in the year when the dolphins came into our stadium with big playoff hopes and left with their dreams shattered. The franchise posted a number of great wins in 11 in addition to the new England game including over co-division champs Oakland and Denver. Just thus year we went on the road against a 4-1 Arizona team coming off a road win at the pats and came away with the W.

Good post.

But you don't have to make this personal.

2008 Wins against Seattle, Jacksonville, San Diego combine for a 17-31 record. San Diego was the best of the group at 8-8.

2009 Jets were 9-7 and an up and coming team. The Panthers were 8-8. The Colts rested their starters for almost the entire game, but they were technically a "good team."

2010 My mind kind of boggles that beating a 7-9 Dolphins team is considered a signature win. Holy **** what low expectations.

2011 "Co-division champs" were .500. I guess that's good? The Patriots were inarguably a good team that the Bills beat.

2012 The Cardinals haven't won a game since week 4. Let me get my zubaz so we can plan the parade.

Edited by Pondslider

But isn't the title of this thread: "When was the last time we beat a "good" team?"

"Team" as in singular. Yet you are asking for a lot of teams we have beaten. Make up your mind.

2008 Wins against Seattle, Jacksonville, San Diego combine for a 17-31 record. San Diego was the best of the group at 8-8.

2009 Jets were 9-7 and an up and coming team. The Panthers were 8-8. The Colts rested their starters for almost the entire game, but they were technically a "good team."

2010 My mind kind of boggles that beating a 7-9 Dolphins team is considered a signature win. Holy **** what low expectations.

2011 "Co-division champs" were .500. I guess that's good? The Patriots were inarguably a good team that the Bills beat.

2012 The Cardinals haven't won a game since week 4. Let me get my zubaz so we can plan the parade.

How about this. Bills have never beat a good team ever.

Our owner sucks.

Coaches suck.

Qb sucks and cant throw the ball.

O-line cant stay healthy.

Our RBs arent used correctly

Our WRs are lacking talent and have stone hands.

Defensive line underachieves.

Our LBs are the worst in the league.

Our secondary is inconsistent, thin, and a weakness. And they don't look back for the ball

I hope I made your night.

Edited by Numark

That's more like it. The Bills haven't exactly beaten a team that was good THAT SEASON in quite awhile (last years Pats* notwithstanding). The Fitz led Bills haven't beaten a good team on the road...ever. FitzChanley's have zero signature wins to their credit, and his record at this point is worse than Jauron's. Yet the hierarchy will say we're improving and GaileyNixFitz will be back for another year of crashing mediocrity.The fact is this franchise hasn't won a game of consequence on the road against a good opponent since probably the late '90's. It truly is one of the most pathetic streaks of incompetence in sports at this point.

How about this? When's the last time the Bills beat a good team in a meaningful game? Or how about the last time the Bills beat a good team on the road? Or....when's the last time the Bills won a playoff game? It's been a loooooooooong frickin time.

But isn't the title of this thread: "When was the last time we beat a "good" team?"

"Team" as in singular. Yet you are asking for a lot of teams we have beaten. Make up your mind.

The Patriots last year. The Broncos were not a good team. They were better than the Bills but that's faint praise.

I'm not asking for anything. I answered the OP and responded to the assertion that the Broncos were a good team last year. In the post you quoted I was pointing out that whether the Broncos count as a good team or not the Bills' record against "good" teams has been pretty bleak lately so splitting hairs over an 8-8 division winner seems pointless.

I understand the OPs point, however I will contend that a win is a win especially on the road. Last year Buffalo went 1-7 on the road the lone win being week 1 in Kansas City. This year we are 2-5 on the road & have a good shot at earning a 3rd road win in Miami.

A playoff contender needs to beat lesser teams on the road, and win a majority of their home games.

Taking a further look at 2012 we blew a home game vs Tennessee, & lost a winnable game in Foxboro, Indy. Even playoff teams play a few bad road games a year.

Next season we will need to win 6 home games, & 4 road games to have a shot at the playoffs.