2013 Offseason

DC Grid

Alright the Bills are 5-7 showing signs of life,but banged up and almost guaranteed to finish 7-9 or 8-8....not in the playoffs, and surprise drafting just out of the top 10. So what do you want to see this offseason? I expect that Ralph's status means everyone in the don't office, and also the coaching staff is safe. Drafting at 11 to 16 it seems the Bills could get a falling QB like Geno or Barkley or their choice of whoever else may emerge, barring a completely insane run on reach QBs early. With all that in mind, i'd love to see them spend their money this offseason on Wes Welker. Many were eager to trash the Bills spending spree earlier this year, but it seems clear that while anderson was a disaster Mario looks worth the scratch (relative to how FAs work). Why not follow it up by grabbing a great possession WR who can complete the WR corps, be a great option for Fitz and then a young 1at round QB starting out? Added bonus it hurts the Pats. If the Bills can do that plus resign their key FAs like Byrd, maybe there's reason to think this awful drought might be ending next year....maybe.

Landry Jones and Dwayne Bowe

Here we go again.

First of all, showing signs of life? We beat arguably the worst team in the league yesterday. Not a surprise as those are the only teams Gailey and staff can manage to beat.

As far as im concerned the only way things change is if we get some viable coaches in here....

Bruce Arians

Signs of life? Seriously? Let's look at the 5 teams that the Bills have beat this year. They're ALL in last place in their respective divisions. Their collective record is 17-43. That's horrendous. Only Miami matches our record at 5-7. The others are 2-10 (x2), and 4-8 (x2). They can't even beat an average team. That said, there are rumblings locally that the Bills would consider a Geno Smith or Matt Barkley if they were drafting in the area that you suggested. I don't know though why Geno Smith would even be part of the conversation. He's not going to make it out of the top-10 draft picks and could even be picked #1 overall if the Chiefs continue to suck as badly as they have. Regardless of that, Welker in free agency? Really? You're talking about a guy that just matched Jerry Rice for games with 10+ receptions. He's the centerpiece of the Patriots offense after Tom Brady. He might be a free agent, but I have no doubts that the Patriots will try to re-sign him, and this time around possibly to a longer term contract to finish his career. I think this Bills teams biggest area of need in players is at linebacker. They're not very good at covering receivers and especially poor at covering TE's.

One more thing and probably more important is coaching. Gailey was forced into a run first game plan on Sunday due to the weather. If he just suddenly gets it that this should in fact be a run first team, that's great. I'm not buying it though. He's shown the propensity to ask Fitzpatrick to throw the ball 35 times a week rather than run the ball. He should be fired, but from what I've read, Nix is committed to him and Fitzpatrick for the future.

I can't say I love the idea of investing serious $ in a wide out that is on the wrong side of 30. As far as I'm concerned.. the offseason plan should be to find the next franchise QB at all costs. If you do that, you solve a lot of your other problems. Look at what Andrew Luck is doing this year with 1 good WR and bunch of castoffs.

Here we go again.

First of all, showing signs of life? We beat arguably the worst team in the league yesterday. Not a surprise as those are the only teams Gailey and staff can manage to beat.

As far as im concerned the only way things change is if we get some viable coaches in here....

top coaches aren't coming to buffalo. forget it. It took $100m to get mario here. what are we paying a "top" coach and his staff? $50m? for non-players? It is not happening. Buddy and Chan are what you have until Ralph passes. Lets stop bashing Chan as he is not going anywhere. probably the safest job in the league.

Signs of life? Seriously? Let's look at the 5 teams that the Bills have beat this year. They're ALL in last place in their respective divisions. Their collective record is 17-43. That's horrendous. Only Miami matches our record at 5-7. The others are 2-10 (x2), and 4-8 (x2). They can't even beat an average team. That said, there are rumblings locally that the Bills would consider a Geno Smith or Matt Barkley if they were drafting in the area that you suggested. I don't know though why Geno Smith would even be part of the conversation. He's not going to make it out of the top-10 draft picks and could even be picked #1 overall if the Chiefs continue to suck as badly as they have. Regardless of that, Welker in free agency? Really? You're talking about a guy that just matched Jerry Rice for games with 10+ receptions. He's the centerpiece of the Patriots offense after Tom Brady. He might be a free agent, but I have no doubts that the Patriots will try to re-sign him, and this time around possibly to a longer term contract to finish his career. I think this Bills teams biggest area of need in players is at linebacker. They're not very good at covering receivers and especially poor at covering TE's.

One more thing and probably more important is coaching. Gailey was forced into a run first game plan on Sunday due to the weather. If he just suddenly gets it that this should in fact be a run first team, that's great. I'm not buying it though. He's shown the propensity to ask Fitzpatrick to throw the ball 35 times a week rather than run the ball. He should be fired, but from what I've read, Nix is committed to him and Fitzpatrick for the future.

1st, the Bills don't have the cash to spend $7-8m per year (probably more as you have to pay the "buffalo premium" to get FAs to come) on Welker, plus he and his hottie wife and not plopping down in WNY so they can hit the bars on Chippewa. what a joke. forget the Welker idea. just forget it. this is not fantasy football. we are talking about people and motivations here.

Alright the Bills are 5-7 showing signs of life,but banged up and almost guaranteed to finish 7-9 or 8-8....not in the playoffs, and surprise drafting just out of the top 10. So what do you want to see this offseason?

My Christmas wish list:

1 HC

1 OC

2 QBs

3 LBs (Bradham seems fine but we need depth as well as 2 starters)

1 WR

3 OL

2 DB

There isn't a QB worth drafting in the first round in my opinion. If Philadelphia releases QB Michael Vick I would sign him and let him compete with Fitz. Vicks only problem in Phily is that there OL sucks. So I would draft an OL like Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan in the 1st round, then a WR like Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee in the second round. then draft a QB like Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse in the 3rd round.

my guess is chan stays unless he loses out and we draft manta teo in the 1st or cj mosley(sp) and take a a QB in the second probably murray. i also agree that they would probably be pretty into vick as a FA.

also would love for them to get the levier/byrd contracts done already