Katrina=Bush Bad, Sandy=Crickets

3rdnlng

LoL... You are catching on! Really, you are finally getting it... Lighten up Francis! :D

LOL is right.

You post some gibberish, barely related to the thread,

and when I laugh at it......................you come back with a defensive lighten up ?

Predictable and sad in its way.

Meanwhile, back on the thread subject,

KATRINA ON THE HUDSON: In FEMA’s Coils.

FTA:

It will not come as reassuring news to Kimball and Cuomo and all others looking to Washington for help in dealing with damage done by Sandy to learn that people in Vermont, whose property was damaged over a year ago by Hurricane Irene, are also waiting for government relief. According to this report on Vermont Public Radio:

B-Man... Please fill in the blanks before reading this post....

Name_______________________

SSN______________________

Address 1________________________

Address 2_________________________________

City_______

State_____________

Zip Code__________________

And initial...........Here___________

Here____________

Here_____________

and sign here ________________________________________--

Don't worry about the missing verbiage, I was cutting out the red tape and will fill it in later.....

It will not come as reassuring news to Kimball and Cuomo and all others looking to Washington for help in dealing with damage done by Sandy to learn that people in Vermont, whose property was damaged over a year ago by Hurricane Irene, are also waiting for government relief. According to this report on Vermont Public Radio:

but.....but... the President promised no red tape, and Cuomo has his promise!!!!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

184755_188449304521203_7364536_n.jpg

Edited by Cinga

Its sad, Levy maintenance is not a prority until you are in 18 feet of water sitting on your roof. Bridge maintenace is no biggie until its collapses in a river in Minnesota.

I will say for New Orleans, you have to wonder why somebody would think building a city below sea level inbetween two large bodies of water is a good idea. I get the historical reasons for it, its just crazy.

I didn't see the Corps were not blamed afterall... was the State at fault?

True.

NOLA is the busiest (tonnage) port in the country... And it doesn't even rank in the top 20 or so for the world! Go to this site:

www.marinetraffic.com

And see what is floating around the world... That is why NOLA is where it is! Purely economic!

I probably worded it wrong... The judge tossed the verdict because the fed can't be sued? I will find the link when I get time...

• 3 months later...

This article really caught me by surprise this morning, not so much because of the looting and squatters, but because there are actually homes still without power and families who have yet to be able to return to their homes. How is this even possible five months later?

Question for those in and around this area: is this just an isolated patch of a few homes or are there really that many people still out of the homes and without power from a storm that hit almost half a year ago?

http://newyork.cbslo...nd-communities/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Staten Island residents already suffering from the ravages ofHurricane Sandy say they are now seeing their neighborhoods infiltrated by squatters and looters.

As CBS 2’s Dick Brennan reported Wednesday, when darkness sets in on Wavecrest Street in New Dorp, people say squatters make their move – crashing empty homes wrecked by the hurricane.

“They just go in there late at night when nobody is supposed to be looking, and they just flop in the house and sleep in there, wherever,” resident Steven Sumner said.

Edited by LABillzFan

This article really caught me by surprise this morning, not so much because of the looting and squatters, but because there are actually homes still without power and families who have yet to be able to return to their homes. How is this even possible five months later?

Question for those in and around this area: is this just an isolated patch of a few homes or are there really that many people still out of the homes and without power from a storm that hit almost half a year ago?

Can't comment on the article, because of the stupid video that appears ....

I think I would invest in a good guard dog. German Sheppard or something.