Spurs fined 250k

NoSaint

I agree the NBA is a joke, but in this case, I think it's more due to the Spurs than Stern. Fans pay to see these guys play. Sending four players home without telling anyone is a bull **** move.

Of course it also highlights how meaningless individual games are, but hell, most sports are like that. That's why football is king.

I agree the NBA is a joke, but in this case, I think it's more due to the Spurs than Stern. Fans pay to see these guys play. Sending four players home without telling anyone is a bull **** move.

Of course it also highlights how meaningless individual games are, but hell, most sports are like that. That's why football is king.

Absolutely inappropriate. It says ratings for a game are worth more than coaching strategy.

It also opens a can of worms - how big a star can you rest? How hurt does he have to be? What if its not a premiere game/team? What if a team clinched already?

Edited by NoSaint

Think it's a terrible move by David stern. Up there with the worst ive seen by a commissioner.

Agree 100%. Somebody needs to pull out the quote by one of Stern's assistants from last year. He said (in regard to the Spurs ironically) that it was a coaching decision on when to play/rest players.