Saints falcons

NoSaint

Lordy - how many passes for 20+ already? I know your into mechanics fergy - take note how Brees climbs the pocket. He works towards the line like none other. If the guards hold up it seriously helps to hide the tackles. Tough running! No td though. 1st and goal at the half yard line with the penalty.

One thing I've noticed about Brees is that due to perhaps physical limitations, he's not as eloquent in buying time with his feet as are Rodgers or even Romo.

Don't get me wrong, I consider Brees to be elite but that pass that was intercepted was a case of him needing to use his feet to buy more time and find a better option.

The RB wasn't even expecting the pass.

Yeah the Saints need to pound the rock. It might be the best strategy in this game.

Run to set up the pass and don't go pass happy.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I've noticed about Brees is that due to perhaps physical limitations, he's not as eloquent in buying time with his feet as are Rodgers or even Romo.

Don't get me wrong, I consider Brees to be elite but that pass that was intercepted was a case of him needing to use his feet to buy more time and find a better option.

Definitely has to work harder to set his feet as he doesn't have the arm strength of Rodgers. Also helps him "get tall" as he sometimes really gets up on his toes to get it over the lines.

I think both those are reasons you see him work up towards the line instead of rolling out when under pressure - helps to get in front of the mess.

Yeah the Saints need to pound the rock. It might be the best strategy in this game.

Run to set up the pass and don't go pass happy.

Yep, I see that....

I also see that #50 Lofton hits like a Mack truck...holy chit

I also see that #50 Lofton hits like a Mack truck...holy chit

Yeah Lofton has never gotten the credit he's due. I don't think he's ever made a Pro Bowl even though he's one of the top inside backers in the game.

It must be a huge game for him playing his former team.

Brees stepped it up on that drive.

Yeah Lofton has never gotten the credit he's due. I don't think he's ever made a Pro Bowl even though he's one of the top inside backers in the game.

It must be a huge game for him playing his former team.

Atlanta does stupid videos on their website before games - last matchup they did a really ghetto almost gang style one with the defense ripping him and holding up his old falcons jersey

The 2012 Saints remind me of the 2010 Colts. Is that bad? Is that good? I don't know... but wow. Offenses are great to have but are nothing without a complete team around them. You can get 2 or 3 good years stretched out, but you need a defense to dominate.

Atlanta does stupid videos on their website before games - last matchup they did a really ghetto almost gang style one with the defense ripping him and holding up his old falcons jersey

That's unbelievably classless.

I understand there's been trash talking going on but for the club itself to slander a former player… talk about taking the low road.

Great finish by Lofton, forcing the sack by denying Rodgers the ball and then helping tackle Snelling short of the first down.

Unreal that the Saints came away with zero there. That might be the play of the game.

The 2012 Saints remind me of the 2010 Colts. Is that bad? Is that good? I don't know... but wow. Offenses are great to have but are nothing without a complete team around them. You can get 2 or 3 good years stretched out, but you need a defense to dominate.

The Saints are a good but flawed team. They've definitely struggled on D but they still have good talent there. Not sure what the problem is. I know they've had a few DCs in the last little while.

On the positive side, Cameron Jordan has made huge strides this year, getting better every week. In the early vetting process, I was very high on him and wouldn't have been against the Bills taking him at #3. Glad we got Dareus of course but Cam's coming on after being misused last year.

Hence the reason the Steelers are always in playoff hunt...their D is always solid.

Cam Jordan 7 sacks this season...not too shabby for a 2011 draftee

Hence the reason the Steelers are always in playoff hunt...their D is always solid.

Cam Jordan 7 sacks this season...not too shabby for a 2011 draftee

I think the Steelers will make a big run. Big Ben comes back, they're going to make the playoffs, they have a great chance to beat the Ravens, they are only going to get better in the next 2 or 3 weeks and be rolling just in time for the playoffs.

That's unbelievably classless.

I understand there's been trash talking going on but for the club itself to slander a former player… talk about taking the low road.

Great finish by Lofton, forcing the sack by denying Rodgers the ball and then helping tackle Snelling short of the first down.

Unreal that the Saints came away with zero there. That might be the play of the game.

The Saints are a good but flawed team. They've definitely struggled on D but they still have good talent there. Not sure what the problem is. I know they've had a few DCs in the last little while.

On the positive side, Cameron Jordan has made huge strides this year, getting better every week. In the early vetting process, I was very high on him and wouldn't have been against the Bills taking him at #3. Glad we got Dareus of course but Cam's coming on after being misused last year.

Spags D is actually a lot like DW this year. He hasn't like to blitz until the last couple weeks. Front 4s been iffy with pressure, back 7 has been inconsistent at best.

A good drive here still leaves it an intense one score game between two teams that play each other really well.

Bench cadet. Put Sproles back there. Cadet is not trustworthy on kickoffs. He wants to badly to earn playing time.

Spags D is actually a lot like DW this year. He hasn't like to blitz until the last couple weeks. Front 4s been iffy with pressure, back 7 has been inconsistent at best.

A good drive here still leaves it an intense one score game between two teams that play each other really well.

Yeah I missed the first quarter or so. Good for the Saints that they're receiving. That's helpful because their margin is very slim right now.

Colston had the crap kicked out of him last week and look at him helping to carry his team.

If you were his teammate, how could you not be inspired?

Yeah I missed the first quarter or so. Good for the Saints that they're receiving. That's helpful because their margin is very slim right now.

Colston had the crap kicked out of him last week and look at him helping to carry his team.

If you were his teammate, how could you not be inspired?

I think colston and Moore are some of the most underrated receivers around. Tough as nails, reliable as anything.