5 Junior QB's may declare for NFL

Astrobot

Citing sources, CBS Sports' Rob Rang tweeted a list of five junior QBs that possibly played their final home games Saturday.

The five quarterbacks are: Georgia's Aaron Murray, Tennessee's Tyler Bray, Virginia Tech's Logan Thomas, Fresno State's Derek Carr, and San Jose State's David Fales. Carr apparently announced after his game Saturday that he would return, but the others are still noncommittal. Fales is a darkhorse and a personal favorite of the last couple months.

Aaron Murray will ride the wave of his hype into the NFL. Tyler Bray may do the same. Logan Thomas would SURELY be better served to stay in school because he would risk going undrafted imo. The other two I know nothing about and have not seen them play.

1 1 Geno Smith
1 16 Matt Barkley
1 17 Tyler Wilson
1 32 Collin Klein
2 43 Landry Jones
2 49 E.J. Manuel
2 53 Aaron Murray (Jr.)
2 62 Tyler Bray (Jr., may decl)
3 75 Logan Thomas (Jr.)
5 130 A.J. McCarron (Jr.)
5 159 Tajh Boyd (Jr.)
6 180 Keith Price (Jr.)
6 182 Mike Glennon
6 187 Seth Doege
6 189 Ryan Nassib
7 203 Nick Florence
7 209 Zach Mettenberger (Jr.)
7 213 Casey Pachall (suspJr.)
7 214 Colby Cameron
U 227 Zac Dysert

I think E.J. Manuel's stock slipped a bit yesterday in the Florida game. HE tried too hard, forced things, and Fitz'ed 4 times.

Logan Thomas would SURELY be better served to stay in school because he would risk going undrafted imo.

As a Tech alum... I don't know if I'd rather just have him leave and move on, or have him come back and get another chance to have a good season. He has struggled so much this season, it was actually similar to watching Fitz just completely lose his confidence. He still misses many easy passes with zero pressure.

While Logan Thomas is a physical specimen at ~6'7", and can move bodies at the college level, he certainly has no future as an NFL QB. He came to Tech to play tight end, and did not want to play QB, although obviously they eventually convinced him to rise to the challenge. There have been some great moments with LT at Tech, but I don't see any value in an NFL team spending a draft pick on him.

As a Tech alum... I don't know if I'd rather just have him leave and move on, or have him come back and get another chance to have a good season. He has struggled so much this season, it was actually similar to watching Fitz just completely lose his confidence. He still misses many easy passes with zero pressure.

While Logan Thomas is a physical specimen at ~6'7", and can move bodies at the college level, he certainly has no future as an NFL QB. He came to Tech to play tight end, and did not want to play QB, although obviously they eventually convinced him to rise to the challenge. There have been some great moments with LT at Tech, but I don't see any value in an NFL team spending a draft pick on him.

You hit the nail on the head with this post.

Best post on Logan Thomas i've seen on these boards. The delusional posts about drafting him in round 2 or 3 are insane.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.