Anyone else ever have your car stolen?

DrDawkinstein

Someone stole my 1977 f150 in like 1991 or so....I remember the feeling of walking out my door and it being gone (****ty feeling, that), sorry for your loss. Hope you get it back or get something else you like.

My truck, it looked great.... I worked at a collision shop. the paint and interior were beautiful. The truck only cost me 500$ when I bought it. It had about 200,000 on the clicker but the frame was seriously rusted out. I drove it about 5 years. Shortly before they stole it the upper control arm broke off from the frame and it made a real serious loud bang if you hit a bump going faster than 30. They drove it a few blocks away and parked it. My friend just happened to see it while he was driving up Rhode Island (I lived in the west side at the time) and I went and picked it back up no worse for wear (although I did have to replace the thing the key went in as they used a screw driver to start it). When I left Buffalo in 93 (yes, I drove it that way for almost 2 years lol), I sold it for 500 just for the body parts. Worked out pretty good. I loved that truck, was a great vehicle. BTW, I "borrowed" a car when I was a kid and drove it all over the place (a bunch of times), of course my parents didn't know about it and I was only 14, I guess I deserve the death penalty.

Edited by bowery4

Someone stole my 1977 f150 in like 1991 or so....I remember the feeling of walking out my door and it being gone (****ty feeling, that), sorry for your loss. Hope you get it back or get something else you like.

My truck, it looked great.... I worked at a collision shop. the paint and interior were beautiful. The truck only cost me 500$ when I bought it. It had about 200,000 on the clicker but the frame was seriously rusted out. I drove it about 5 years. Shortly before they stole it the upper control arm broke off from the frame and it made a real serious loud bang if you hit a bump going faster than 30. They drove it a few blocks away and parked it. My friend just happened to see it while he was driving up Rhode Island (I lived in the west side at the time) and I went and picked it back up no worse for wear (although I did have to replace the thing the key went in as they used a screw driver to start it). When I left Buffalo in 93 (yes, I drove it that way for almost 2 years lol), I sold it for 500 just for the body parts. Worked out pretty good. I loved that truck, was a great vehicle. BTW, I "borrowed" a car when I was a kid and drove it all over the place (a bunch of times), of course my parents didn't know about it and I was only 14, I guess I deserve the death penalty.

You're lucky to be alive....

About ten years ago we had our van stolen in St. Louis. We had switched our auto / home insurance to a new company and the first day in our 'new' coverage was the day it was stolen. I thought our new insurance agent was going to have a heart attack when I called him...lol The police found the van a week or so later, it was trashed on the inside and had been wrecked. We had to wait about a week to see if our new insurance company would cover it as I'm sure they thought maybe we scammed them. After getting the go ahead they were pretty good to us.

The insurance adjuster made a huge mistake by allowing the body shop to start fixing the outside of the van before the interior as it ended up costing close to $5,000 to fix everything on the inside. New carpet, headliner, re-upholster several of the leather seats...etc Should've been totaled out.

Hope everthing works out for you.

• 1 month later...

Since DrD never updated anyone...

@ DrDareustein : (18 January 2013 - 02:58 PM) its Progressive's now and thats fine. Ive moved on to my new car. Upsized to a 2009 Jeep Liberty Sport (the re-designed, non-lesbo model).

@ DrDareustein :

(18 January 2013 - 02:57 PM) haha the police basically asked the same thing. but nope, i didnt leave it there.

@ peterpan

(18 January 2013 - 02:57 PM) Did you get stoned and forget you parked itt here?

@ Rob's House

(18 January 2013 - 02:57 PM) Did they find your brief case?

@ DrDareustein

(18 January 2013 - 02:55 PM) oh! they found my car, btw! a week after insurance settled out and i got my fat check. half a mile down my street in someone's parking lot. took APD over a month and only found it because the property owners called to have it towed.

Edited by jboyst62

My second car, a 97 Honda Accord LX was stolen three times. In three totally different places.

The third time my car was recovered by the police was during a B-n-E. One of the guys was waiting in the car while the other was inside robbing the house. A policeman spotted the guy and noticed the steering column had been damaged when he got out to question him.

Both of the perps were arrested. On the 28th day, too. I was pissed, I didn't want my car back. Not after the third time was stolen.

I have two funny stories about friend's cars stolen.

One friend had a defective gas tank gauge that always read full. He had to write down miles and keep track to make sure he had gas. So one morning he walks out to his apartment parking lot- and his car was missing. Thief stole it, and ran out of gas on 95 and hoofed it. Well funny thing was there was $3000 worth of electrolux vacuums in trunk.

Second story, I picked up a girl I used to date in New Haven. We headed east over Q bridge in New Haven and we see a car broken down on side of road. She says "hey, that looks just like my car". It turned out it was. It was stolen and broke down :lol:

And Dank man, I am sorry for your situation and hope it works out for you