Romney's Unbusinesslike Campaign

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2012/11/mitt-romneys-surprisingly-unbusinesslike-campaign

Interesting... And this is the dude that was supposed to be qualified to be president because "he could run a business." LoL... What a joke.

"In other words, Obama ran his campaign like a business, outsourcing specialized tasks like media buys to outside firms and keeping a tight rein on costs. Conversely, Romney ran his campaign like a millionaire's personal fiefdom, figuring that his buddies could do the job as well as anyone else. But although they were pretty deft at making excuses for their inefficiency, it turned out they couldn't. What's more, outside the world of TV ads, he directed a tremendous amount of campaign money to his friends:

Mitt Romney's campaign has directed $134.2 million to political firms with business ties to his senior staff, spotlighting the tightknit nature of his second presidential bid and the staggering sums being spent in this election....Ryan Williams, a Romney spokesman, said payments to firms with connections to staff members were not only for consulting, but also were used to purchase a variety of services, including "polling, video production, political mail, get-out-the-vote phones, online advertising, website development, and budget and compliance management, among other things."

His longtime business cronies did well out of the campaign, but Romney apparently didn't know how to manage them very well (cf. Orca, failure of). This isn't surprising. Romney portrays himself as a successful manager, but there's a big difference between heading up a private equity firm and heading up an actual business. Live and learn."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.motherjon...sslike-campaign

Interesting... And this is the dude that was supposed to be qualified to be president because "he could run a business." LoL... What a joke.

"In other words, Obama ran his campaign like a business, outsourcing specialized tasks like media buys to outside firms and keeping a tight rein on costs. Conversely, Romney ran his campaign like a millionaire's personal fiefdom, figuring that his buddies could do the job as well as anyone else. But although they were pretty deft at making excuses for their inefficiency, it turned out they couldn't. What's more, outside the world of TV ads, he directed a tremendous amount of campaign money to his friends:

Mitt Romney's campaign has directed $134.2 million to political firms with business ties to his senior staff, spotlighting the tightknit nature of his second presidential bid and the staggering sums being spent in this election....Ryan Williams, a Romney spokesman, said payments to firms with connections to staff members were not only for consulting, but also were used to purchase a variety of services, including "polling, video production, political mail, get-out-the-vote phones, online advertising, website development, and budget and compliance management, among other things."

His longtime business cronies did well out of the campaign, but Romney apparently didn't know how to manage them very well (cf. Orca, failure of). This isn't surprising. Romney portrays himself as a successful manager, but there's a big difference between heading up a private equity firm and heading up an actual business. Live and learn."

Solyndra and all of the other failed ventures Obama invested our money in to help out his supporters.

Romney could have run the most efficient campaign with all the money in the world. He still wasn't going to win.

I think that is quite obvious now.

The President could have gone on live TV and stomped out a litter of puppies and still would have won. And the media would have spun it as "evil, wall street, 1%er puppies, bent on biting grandma in the ass"...

Edited by TheMadCap

LOL...........describing the overwhelming strength of Mr. Obama's position as incumbent and with a friendly media is "sour grapes"

some funny stuff there.

It just looks bad. Funny how the Republican party also threw Mitt under the bus after he made comments that they would have appraised just weeks or months earlier.

I didn't really believe this myth of a conservative news bubble before but I'm starting to see it a little bit. You guys believe nothing except right wings news sites and radio.

http://www.motherjon...sslike-campaign

He was busy preparing.....clearly he knows 'nothing' about getting a massive undertaking off and running. A complete buffoon in your eyes.....

Here's another story about him from another 'liberal site.'

http://nbcpolitics.n...nistration?lite

"If Mitt Romney had won the presidential election, insiders say, it’s not hard to imagine what he and his number two, Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, would have been tackling on this very day.

An extensive preparation plan dubbed the "Romney Readiness Project," pulled together by the GOP nominee’s team and no longer of any use, offers detailed insight into how ready he was to take the reins, the sources told NBC News.

Romney and Ryan each had office space set aside for them at a transition office in southwest Washington, D.C., where former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt led a team of hundreds of advisers tasked with crafting an ambitious agenda for the Republican’s first 200 days in office.

Insiders describe a well-prepared transition that was ready to hit the ground running on Nov. 7, and begin the work of fashioning a Romney government.

Leavitt was in Boston on Election Day, prepared to brief Romney if the GOP nominee proved victorious.

"We built a great ship, and regrettably, in my view, we didn't sail. I think it would have been a crisp transition," Leavitt said in an interview with NBC News. "I got up every morning from the day he asked me to do this — not naively — assuming that we would be elected, and we needed to be prepared."

He was busy preparing.....clearly he knows 'nothing' about getting a massive undertaking off and running. A complete buffoon in your eyes.....

Here's another story about him from another 'liberal site.'

http://nbcpolitics.n...nistration?lite

"If Mitt Romney had won the presidential election, insiders say, it’s not hard to imagine what he and his number two, Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, would have been tackling on this very day.

An extensive preparation plan dubbed the "Romney Readiness Project," pulled together by the GOP nominee’s team and no longer of any use, offers detailed insight into how ready he was to take the reins, the sources told NBC News.

Romney and Ryan each had office space set aside for them at a transition office in southwest Washington, D.C., where former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt led a team of hundreds of advisers tasked with crafting an ambitious agenda for the Republican’s first 200 days in office.

Insiders describe a well-prepared transition that was ready to hit the ground running on Nov. 7, and begin the work of fashioning a Romney government.

Leavitt was in Boston on Election Day, prepared to brief Romney if the GOP nominee proved victorious.

"We built a great ship, and regrettably, in my view, we didn't sail. I think it would have been a crisp transition," Leavitt said in an interview with NBC News. "I got up every morning from the day he asked me to do this — not naively — assuming that we would be elected, and we needed to be prepared."

Yeah right... I don't believe it... The man (Mitt) and his system(s) was the most incompetent a recent has ever seen... Thank God he is not prez... If ORCA was any indication... Epic fail was on the way! Fail Whale full steam ahead!

You guys are delusional... Mitt was supposed to be "shovel ready" to run a business? LoL... Thank God our country had enough sense (thanks to all the woman out there... Even the ones who lied to their husbands in order to keep family peace) to NOT elect this dolt!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yeah right... I don't believe it... The man (Mitt) and his system(s) was the most incompetent a recent has ever seen... Thank God he is not prez... If ORCA was any indication... Epic fail was on the way! Fail Whale full steam ahead!

You guys are delusional... Mitt was supposed to be "shovel ready" to run a business? LoL... Thank God our country had enough sense (thanks to all the woman out there... Even the ones who lied to their husbands in order to keep family peace) to NOT elect this dolt!

Be careful who you are calling incompetent.

Yeah, because things have go so swimmingly well the past four years. :rolleyes:

And so funny you used the term shovel ready.

I thought it was hysterical... Mittens was sure a shovel ready businessman!

And that is what is so pathetic about Romney... He got the white male vote only! LoL... Even a tanked economy and he still couldn't pull out a win. That says a lot about this idiot... Too much conservative baggage in tea hate, tea entitlement pulling him down.

Seriously?

Not really... Just busting balls... The dude, Mitt... Was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread when it came to running a business... Like the article said, he did anything but run his campaign like a business and more like a billionaire's private fiefdom... Yeah... He would have really changed gears if president. Winning would have emboldened him to be a bigger douche. Thank God the people are smarter than the average white guy...

And that is what is so pathetic about Romney... He got the white male vote only! LoL... Even a tanked economy and he still couldn't pull out a win. That says a lot about this idiot... Too much conservative baggage in tea hate, tea entitlement pulling him down.

Well, when there are 7 registered voters in 1 particular Florida precinct and 900 votes get counted there and many Philadelphia precincts had not one vote for Romney it sort of makes one wonder.

Well, when there are 7 registered voters in 1 particular Florida precinct and 900 votes get counted there and many Philadelphia precincts had not one vote for Romney it sort of makes one wonder.

That's ORCA talking!

Yeah it does make me wonder... How the !@#$ stupid can this GOP nominee be! There was no fraud, GOP ran a God awful nominee. Numbers are proportional to what you would find in a rural Teaxs county... Except... There is only 89 people there ALL voting for Romney.

Get over the fraud bit... It makes you look sad... Technology basically insures no mistakes... Nobody in their right mind would vote for Romney in those urban areas... Just like nobody would vote for Obama in a small rural Texas county. Fortunately, city outweighed country.

Not really... Just busting balls...

Think about the bolded part....who's the idiot (your term...not mine)? Who's balls are being busted with the current POTUS's re-election?

Lastly, to summarily state Romney is a 'genius' or an 'idiot' is folly. He has plenty of positions/views that are not congruent with mine and I would hope you could find a few positives from your corner of the room. I'm just pointing out that the guy does have a track record of 'doing his homework'.......Motherjones.com aside.

I wish Barry would have used some of his "business savey" when it came to avoiding a 6 trillion dollar addition to our debt. Yeah, great busines sense right there. If he really had to run a business, even the simplest one, he couldn't do it. It's not in his dna since he is a parasite by nature.

Edited by Dante

And calling Romeny a douche, stupid, an idiot, incompetent etc, etc makes you look kind of sad too. A douche?? Really?? What are you 16?

Considering how exclusive his campaign was run... I am right on the the money. Hardly sad on my part. Romney garnered his lion's share of votes from one part of the population: White males. If the shoe fits wear it... That is a sign of a stupid, incompetent douche... Thinking he could win with such an exclusive base of voters! I am sorry the truth hurts. Blame him, not me.