Would Rivers be an option at QB next year?

" would be about the same as when we brought Bledsoe in .."

Couldn't agree more. Maybe we try for a QB in the first or second, keep Fitz, and hope the guy we get is a Kapernick or (please God) Rodgers type of development guy. I think going after a veteran QB you need to try to find value like a Rich Gannon (or please God) Kurt Warner type of guy who "figures it out" in his late 20s or early 30s. There aren't many guys like that and Fitz might be the closest to it in the league currently.

Edited by Marshawn's 20 bucks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rivers isn't going anywhere. For whatever faults he may have he's still a very solid QB. They've had a lot of issues with their O-line this year, and Gates is their only real offensive weapon, and he always seems to be dealing with nagging injuries.

Basically, Rivers is better than whoever they could replace him with.

Completely agree. The loss of Vincent Jackson also hurts them very badly. And they are yet to get a replacement at RB. If Rivers plays behind our OL, he can throw that deep ball unlike Fitzpatrick. I definitely would treat him as an upgrade.

http://espn.go.com/n...12/seasontype/2

So far Rivers is having a nearly identical season to Fitz statistically. except that he currently leads the NFL in interceptions. Also consider how often starting QBs change teams and have more success with their new team. Hint: Not often. So why do we want him?

PTR

Because he can throw the deep all much better, which instantly opens up our offense. I'd take rivers over fitz in a heartbeat. He's a much better QB, that has zero running game on his current team. Ryan Matthews, Ronnie brown and the chargers OLine is 2nd rate compared to our version.

I know that certain species of the wild emu are all-but-extinct, and others endangered, but what ever happened to Jimmy, anyway?

He's the 3rd string quarterback in Carolina behind Cam Newton and Derek Anderson.

In other words, he's on the endangered species list and will soon be going the way of the dodo and the passenger pigeon.

BTW Senator, health and happiness to you on this Thanksgiving Holidays.

All our best to you and yours.