My First Bills Game. Need help!

benbillsfan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, lets see. If you want to wait in line to get in the game for 35 minutes with hundreds of loud, obnoxious drunk idiots pushing you around and cursing up a storm meanwhile missing the first 10 minutes of the game, and then getting in the game with people sitting in your seat, and people around you are already wasted and switching seats and not even paying any attention to the game, then Ralph Wilson stadium is the place for you.

Theres answers to all of that for the most part.

1. Go into the stadium at least 45 minutes before kickoff. You lose a little but of tailgating but at the same time you have just enough time to get in, get to the bathroom, grab a beer and a snack and get to your seat just in time for the opening intros. You don't have to deal with the drunk idiots that waited until the last minute to get in vecauae they just had to finish that last keg stand and you won't miss the first 10 minutes of the game. You also won't get to your seats to find some fat 300lb slob hunched over puking all over himself in your seat.

2. If you are already in your seat and people around you moving around and switching seats with one another bothers you, then you are too worried about them. If other people are not watching the game and that bothers you, then you apparently have other problems.

I just fixed almost all the problems by informing you to go into the stadium 45 minutes early instead of waiting until 10 minutes before gametime. There is 70,000+ other people there trying to get in to see the game ya know. And not all of them are there for the game. Some of them were given tickets or really only like to go for the parking lot parties. Either way, they shouldnt effect your experience.

Coming from someone who obviously grew up in the burbs......

Thoughts? The Bills have no chance of making the playoffs.

You say that like its a bad thing? I've lived downtown and in the burbs. I grew up in the burbs. Lived downtown in my 20s and now I'm in my 30s and live in the burbs again.

And ya, they have a chance. Last time anyone checked they are not mathematically eliminated yet. In fact, they almost hold thier own fate at this point if they were to win out.

Theres answers to all of that for the most part.

1. Go into the stadium at least 45 minutes before kickoff. You lose a little but of tailgating but at the same time you have just enough time to get in, get to the bathroom, grab a beer and a snack and get to your seat just in time for the opening intros. You don't have to deal with the drunk idiots that waited until the last minute to get in vecauae they just had to finish that last keg stand and you won't miss the first 10 minutes of the game. You also won't get to your seats to find some fat 300lb slob hunched over puking all over himself in your seat.

2. If you are already in your seat and people around you moving around and switching seats with one another bothers you, then you are too worried about them. If other people are not watching the game and that bothers you, then you apparently have other problems.

I just fixed almost all the problems by informing you to go into the stadium 45 minutes early instead of waiting until 10 minutes before gametime. There is 70,000+ other people there trying to get in to see the game ya know. And not all of them are there for the game. Some of them were given tickets or really only like to go for the parking lot parties. Either way, they shouldnt effect your experience.

You say that like its a bad thing? I've lived downtown and in the burbs. I grew up in the burbs. Lived downtown in my 20s and now I'm in my 30s and live in the burbs again.

And ya, they have a chance. Last time anyone checked they are not mathematically eliminated yet. In fact, they almost hold thier own fate at this point if they were to win out.

Yea ill be in the stadium as soon as the gates open. I want to see the stadium and take pics. Im not there to party. Im there to help bring the bills a win. With Pittsburgh losing and colts losing, good things are happening. We better beat Indy, to make this game even more important. Might go to colts game too. Only a hour away!

Edited by benbillsfan

Thanks man. I seen the anchor bar on Thursday night. They were doing the panning shots there before and after commercials. (Damn jets just scored) im staying at best western in downtown. Looks nice and got a good deal. Il be thinking of brady when I check in...lol. im not worried at all about the crowd. Im gonna be with 65 thous buddies. Some wasted so what. Not like its gonna be the first. I appreciate ur help and will let u know of outcome. How is section 138? That's where we are sitting! I can't wait man... getting there sat afternoon to see outside of stadium and soak it in.

Wow great info here. Hope they do stay at that hotel. I already am going to go to wegmans to get some goodies... maybe we can all meet up before the game and share some stories! By the way are cigarettes expensive in that area per pack. Just need to load up before trip. My wife is saying smokes are 8 bucks a pack. Is that true?

8 dollars and change BEFORE taxes. Stock up before you come to NY brother. Also RWS is completely smoke free this season, I believe. I don't know how that applies to offical parking lots though, you would have to ask someone else.

Edited by JM57

I never worry about fan behavior. Like I said on another thread, it was so much worse in the 1980s.

But, to guarantee you have no issues at all, I would definitely get lower sideline seats like you said. However, expensive??? They start at $38 a ticket on stubhub right now, and will come down even more probably:

http://www.stubhub.c...tadium-4077032/

NOW WHY PICK ON THE 80S?, IN THE SEVENTIES fans CARRIED CASES OF BEER IN THE STADIUM WITH NO HASSLES, parking lots were like breweries

IN THE SIXTIES fans RECYCYLED BY GIVING THE PLAYERS THE CANS during the games ,albeit some were still full at the time and in some cases the players were looking somewhere else..

one of my funniest bills memories was a raiders game in the 80s when all the beer cans we stuck in the snow under the seats started exploding .it was like minus 20 wind chill that day.just as we," the bills" scored a td .. lost a 6 pack all at once ,total mess but absolutely hilarious

as far as now ...... you can do knitting in the parking lots or the stadium .. no hassles.

place is kinda morbid these days , most fans now are alot tamer..

fairly good list of eats for ya there .good luck enjoy the game

Edited by tombstone56

NOW WHY PICK ON THE 80S?, IN THE SEVENTIES fans CARRIED CASES OF BEER IN THE STADIUM WITH NO HASSLES, parking lots were like breweries

IN THE SIXTIES fans RECYCYLED BY GIVING THE PLAYERS THE CANS during the games ,albeit some were still full at the time and in some cases the players were looking somewhere else..

one of my funniest bills memories was a raiders game in the 80s when all the beer cans we stuck in the snow under the seats started exploding .it was like minus 20 wind chill that day.just as we," the bills" scored a td .. lost a 6 pack all at once ,total mess but absolutely hilarious

as far as now ...... you can do knitting in the parking lots or the stadium .. no hassles.

place is kinda morbid these days , most fans now are alot tamer..

fairly good list of eats for ya there .good luck enjoy the game

Well to be fair you did have to sneak the beers in if they were in a can. We however were law abiding citizens , and as long as one purchased a seat for it, one was allowed to bring in a beerball( not the chucklehead on this board of course).

Did not matter one iota we were in 10th grade, or 11th, but damn they stopped that my senior year in high school . Made us buy the 36 oz JUMBO beer, anybody else remember those?

Funny ESPN OSL did a story on the NFL Fan Experience Stadium Vs Home, the biggest problem is the Uneducated Alcoholic Fans who come to games just to get wasted in public & could careless about the team or outcome the NFL want to patrol the players well the need to do the same with fans because you go there to have a good time not to worry if you gonna get stabbed But Go Have Fun don't let those !@#$ ruin it for & your wife just be safe

it is completely random, I've had crazy drunk canadians behind me F ing this and F ing that for 3 straight hours and I've had a dad and his son. Who knows. Luck of the draw. If you get the first scenario, you are screwed. If you get the second, it's fine. Good luck.

sec 138 endzone lower bowl

anything in the endzone is risky. that is where all the drunks and crazies are. heaven help you.

Coming from someone who obviously grew up in the burbs......

Exactly.

I've been living downtown, more often than not, about 4 years now...I wouldn't advise any of those places except Duffs and Anchor, for a one-time trip here. I don't know much about South Buffalo, and so far no one has given me a reason for caring. I would listen, if anyone bothered. No one has.

I was going to list my alternatives...but then I thought: do I really want to?

One thing I can say: Chef's = WTF = Emperor's New Clothes. I suppose if you didn't realize you were eating ~spaghettios when you were 5, and still didn't get it at 15...there's no reason to expect you would at 35. But, there's always "the stories" :rolleyes: (I have an idea, rather than telling people, like me, one at a time: Perhaps you can compile your Chef's stories into a book...and see if it sells? What could possibly go wrong?) :lol: I knew I was eating good Italian at 5, 15, and now, and I sure as hell have always known when I was eating sub-standard food that is completely supported by nostalgia.

But really, the answer to the question above is: nah. I'd rather walk by Jim's Steakout, and watch the gaggle of suburb people trying to PC their way through the insanity...and giggle as I do. The converse is also true, as I'm walking, I'd rather not contemplate finding the other insanity that comes with "we don't live here, let's act like a-holes! Whoo-hoo!" when I arrive.

Things are perfectly fine as they are. :)

EDIT: I just re-read this...and although it's accurate...it sounds too snobby even though it really isn't.

OK for the OP: Forget Chop House. Go to Mothers. You want a nice surprise? Want to impress your wife? Don't get too hammered. Go to Mothers any time from 8pm to 3am(remember...not too hammered) and forget all else. And, you are taking your wife out...don't dress like an idiot. You don't have to be uptight. Just look presentable.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Exactly.

I've been living downtown, more often than not, about 4 years now...I wouldn't advise any of those places except Duffs and Anchor, for a one-time trip here. I don't know much about South Buffalo, and so far no one has given me a reason for caring. I would listen, if anyone bothered. No one has.

I was going to list my alternatives...but then I thought: do I really want to?

One thing I can say: Chef's = WTF = Emperor's New Clothes. I suppose if you didn't realize you were eating ~spaghettios when you were 5, and still didn't get it at 15...there's no reason to expect you would at 35. But, there's always "the stories" :rolleyes: (I have an idea, rather than telling people, like me, one at a time: Perhaps you can compile your Chef's stories into a book...and see if it sells? What could possibly go wrong?) :lol: I knew I was eating good Italian at 5, 15, and now, and I sure as hell have always known when I was eating sub-standard food that is completely supported by nostalgia.

But really, the answer to the question above is: nah. I'd rather walk by Jim's Steakout, and watch the gaggle of suburb people trying to PC their way through the insanity...and giggle as I do. The converse is also true, as I'm walking, I'd rather not contemplate finding the other insanity that comes with "we don't live here, let's act like a-holes! Whoo-hoo!" when I arrive.

Things are perfectly fine as they are. :)

EDIT: I just re-read this...and although it's accurate...it sounds too snobby even though it really isn't.

OK for the OP: Forget Chop House. Go to Mothers. You want a nice surprise? Want to impress your wife? Don't get too hammered. Go to Mothers any time from 8pm to 3am(remember...not too hammered) and forget all else. And, you are taking your wife out...don't dress like an idiot. You don't have to be uptight. Just look presentable.

I guess we're not all winners. I really don't know why all the hate. It's not like I brought up 15 different stories about Chefs. I simply recommended it as a place to go. I just took out of towners there before the Miami game and they thought it was absolutely amazing.

I also suggested multiple spots. Ranging everywhere from cheap as hell and expensive as you want to get in Buffalo. I ranged from fast food to very good steak. Regardless if you like these places or not, I gave a few suggestions and you did nothing more than shoot every one of them down. Some people shot them down because they weren't downtown, and some just wanted to suggest 1 place instead of all of them. You for example suggested Mothers for absolutely no other reason than because it wasn't Chefs. You had no explanations as to why the OP should go there instead of anywhere else. Sounds like your the owner of Mothers honestly. Or maybe just a waiter there looking for an extra tip.

Most people when they visit places they've never been they usually want to be introduced to new things and things the area is known for. Anchor Bar is an obvious spot for obvious reasons. Teds is also known for the dogs. Duffs is known to have the best wings in Buffalo. Mighty and Jim's are known around town as having possibly the best fast food in the area and with the ability to eat very late into the night or early in the morning if you will. For all I know the OP is an all night partier and would be interested in some of the best drunk food in town. Or maybe he wears a nice Rolex and throws away $100 bills as he wipes his nose with them. Or maybe he and his wife are 300lb Italians and love spaghetti. Give more of a bit of help than just saying "hey, forget what everyone else says, come to Mothers".

WTF!!! Why am I so angry?!?

Yeh, Chef's is great the few times I've been there. Also, always full of buffalo cops it seemed, when I have been there. They are eating/off duty, but in their uniforms. No question, though, a class joint!!! Cheap and good food.

Thank you Big K. Well actually the OP should thank you for your comment.

Chefs is also good enough to feed the Sabres for lunch before most home games as they load up on carbs.

I guess we're not all winners. I really don't know why all the hate. It's not like I brought up 15 different stories about Chefs. I simply recommended it as a place to go. I just took out of towners there before the Miami game and they thought it was absolutely amazing.

I also suggested multiple spots. Ranging everywhere from cheap as hell and expensive as you want to get in Buffalo. I ranged from fast food to very good steak. Regardless if you like these places or not, I gave a few suggestions and you did nothing more than shoot every one of them down. Some people shot them down because they weren't downtown, and some just wanted to suggest 1 place instead of all of them. You for example suggested Mothers for absolutely no other reason than because it wasn't Chefs. You had no explanations as to why the OP should go there instead of anywhere else. Sounds like your the owner of Mothers honestly. Or maybe just a waiter there looking for an extra tip.

Most people when they visit places they've never been they usually want to be introduced to new things and things the area is known for. Anchor Bar is an obvious spot for obvious reasons. Teds is also known for the dogs. Duffs is known to have the best wings in Buffalo. Mighty and Jim's are known around town as having possibly the best fast food in the area and with the ability to eat very late into the night or early in the morning if you will. For all I know the OP is an all night partier and would be interested in some of the best drunk food in town. Or maybe he wears a nice Rolex and throws away $100 bills as he wipes his nose with them. Or maybe he and his wife are 300lb Italians and love spaghetti. Give more of a bit of help than just saying "hey, forget what everyone else says, come to Mothers".

WTF!!! Why am I so angry?!?

It's simple really: you are a suburb dude, and you know it. :lol: Those of us that aren't, we know it. We aren't going to unknow what we know to make you happy. :lol: I don't dislike you. I simply know good vs. crap, and I know when I'm being sold crap based on nothing more than pretense.

And, for the record, I am an all night partier, I have refused to wear a watch ever since I got my first work-issued pager, Jim's is nowhere near the best drunk food in town, and only a real all night partier knows why Mother's is unique in this regard.

Cops eat at the The Towne, too, and that beats the hell out of Jim's. But, really? Why would I ever use "where cops eat" as a guide...to anything? The upside is: late night, you won't find the insanity at the The Towne, and the cops can be funny at times.

Anyone who's ever been to Mother's knows why I would suggest it...as an alternative to the Chop House, not Chefs. :blink:

There is no shortage of dweebish boors that eat at the Chop House for no other reason than saying so. This is not unique to Buffalo, but that doesn't make it any less irritating. I could eat there every night. I could also give money to the same bum I see every day.(who lives in an apartment, 5 blocks away, and has enough $ to hit a certain nearby bar, every night.) In both cases, I'd be a sucker, or, I'd be more interested in telling people how cool I am for doing either, than actually getting value for my $.

The difference is: I live here most days, so, I see these things. It's an over time thing, not a point in time thing.

I would think that you would appreciate someone telling you "No, in fact The Emperor is standing there in his underwear". Or, perhaps "dude, this sauce tastes like it comes from a SYSCO can". These things are useful to know.

If you had a booger on your nose, I would tell you. If you talk about Chop House...I am telling you.

So...what?

It's simple really: you are a suburb dude, and you know it. :lol: Those of us that aren't, we know it. We aren't going to unknow what we know to make you happy. :lol: I don't dislike you. I simply know good vs. crap, and I know when I'm being sold crap based on nothing more than pretense.

And, for the record, I am an all night partier, I have refused to wear a watch ever since I got my first work-issued pager, Jim's is nowhere near the best drunk food in town, and only a real all night partier knows why Mother's is unique in this regard.

Cops eat at the The Towne, too, and that beats the hell out of Jim's. But, really? Why would I ever use "where cops eat" as a guide...to anything? The upside is: late night, you won't find the insanity at the The Towne, and the cops can be funny at times.

Anyone who's ever been to Mother's knows why I would suggest it...as an alternative to the Chop House, not Chefs. :blink:

There is no shortage of dweebish boors that eat at the Chop House for no other reason than saying so. This is not unique to Buffalo, but that doesn't make it any less irritating. I could eat there every night. I could also give money to the same bum I see every day.(who lives in an apartment, 5 blocks away, and has enough $ to hit a certain nearby bar, every night.) In both cases, I'd be a sucker, or, I'd be more interested in telling people how cool I am for doing either, than actually getting value for my $.

The difference is: I live here most days, so, I see these things. It's an over time thing, not a point in time thing.

I would think that you would appreciate someone telling you "No, in fact The Emperor is standing there in his underwear". Or, perhaps "dude, this sauce tastes like it comes from a SYSCO can". These things are useful to know.

If you had a booger on your nose, I would tell you. If you talk about Chop House...I am telling you.

So...what?

Thanks. I think I have settled on the Anchor Bar. But I need help on the hotel. How is the Quality Inn In Hamburg? I have the choice of that and the Comfort in Suites Downtown. Comfort in had the TGI Fridays in it so I can drink and not worry about driving or getting busted. But it seems like the Quality INN in Hamburg is closer. Both about the same price. Just need to book by Friday! Any help here on the hotels? Cant help but think of Brady when im doing this!

Got the rental car, got the gas, got the tickets! Just need to make mind up about room.

Also is the parking in the hammers LOT 25$ or 45$ ive read 2 different prices?

I hope I feel as home in buffalo as I think I will. Something is telling me to take my business and start something out there where I can bring some jobs there. I work for The Bills leading sponsor. Our buddy over the border. If all goes well on this trip and I like some property I want to look at, I might be your neighbor! LOL

Edited by benbillsfan

That's awesome Ben. Hope it all works for you. If recommend some hotels but some people that live in Allen Street would just tell you not to go there. You'll enjoy the Anchor Bar. It is a must see for obvious reason regardless what anyone ever tells you. There's many times a wait to get in depending on the night. Not sure if they take reservations, ur an FYI for ya.

OC, I lived downtown for years I'm not new to this. I've lived in Buffalo or the surrounding SUBURBS for over 31 years of of 33 on this planet. As I said, I gave the OP multiple options and some well known spots in Buffalo and the SUBURBS. I left that up to him. Your recent post again stated absolutely no explanation as to why he should choose Morhers or Towne other than its another place to go than Chefs or that Cops go there too just like Chefs. No one in Buffalo or the SUBURBS can argue with any of the places that I listed as not known around town that you can't have anywhere else in the state, country, world. Again, I simply have the OP options. And I wasn't referring to you about the Partier, or wearing a Rolex wiping your @$$ with hundreds. I was referring to the person who started the thread. For all we know he wouldn't have the cash for a place like BCH, or Mothers, or not into the party scene. Or maybe he just likes to get wasted and eat fast greasy food. Get a grip bro. I've NEVER been to Mothers and honestly, if you frequent there often, I probably never will. FWIW, the SUBURBS of Buffalo and surrounding areas have many more people that the City itself. So I'd say the majority of people in the area prefer the SUBURBS. Your in the minority my friend.

Edited by mrags

Thanks. I think I have settled on the Anchor Bar. But I need help on the hotel. How is the Quality Inn In Hamburg? I have the choice of that and the Comfort in Suites Downtown. Comfort in had the TGI Fridays in it so I can drink and not worry about driving or getting busted. But it seems like the Quality INN in Hamburg is closer. Both about the same price. Just need to book by Friday! Any help here on the hotels? Cant help but think of Brady when im doing this!

Got the rental car, got the gas, got the tickets! Just need to make mind up about room.

Also is the parking in the hammers LOT 25$ or 45$ ive read 2 different prices?

I hope I feel as home in buffalo as I think I will. Something is telling me to take my business and start something out there where I can bring some jobs there. I work for The Bills leading sponsor. Our buddy over the border. If all goes well on this trip and I like some property I want to look at, I might be your neighbor! LOL

Neither, where did you see those prices? I would go to Russels Steak House over The Chop House any day of the week