Benghazi

There were a few entertaining tweets in response to the WH press briefing.

"All right, who let all these rich, middle-aged Chick-fil-a lovers into the press briefing room?"

:lol:

Seriously I wish I could BS the way Carney does. I'd probably get laid a lot more often.

Hahaha....so I turn on MSNBC to see what Chris Matthews has to say....and what do I get?

Micheal Smerconish. :lol:

Way to duck it there Chris Tingle. (Yes I am sure he was planning to take Friday off...in the middle of a huge political story, right)

That press conference was hilarious. Now, Smerconish has hack 1 and hack 2 lined up and ready to go.....can't wait to see what they say. :lol: I will edit this post to include the hilarity that is about to ensure. How can I not?

Edit 1: Only a mother jones tool like David Corn would take away "The Repbulicans theory of the case has been disproven...by the 12 emails". :lol: Yeah...that's what happened, moron. :lol: It still going on...

Edit 2: Corn keeps trying to tell us that all of this was resolved, addresssed, already. Then in the next sentence, he says they did lie. How is that possible, if it's already been addressed? Now he's saying that lying is on a 1-10 scale. So, he's admitting they lied, but now, it's only a 3 lie, not a 10. Dude...the entertainment value of this is off the chart.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Hahaha....so I turn on MSNBC to see what Chris Matthews has to say....and what do I get?

Micheal Smerconish. :lol:

Way to duck it there Chris Tingle. (Yes I am sure he was planning to take Friday off...in the middle of a huge political story, right)

That press conference was hilarious. Now, Smerconish has hack 1 and hack 2 lined up and ready to go.....can't wait to see what they say. :lol: I will edit this post to include the hilarity that is about to ensure. How can I not?

Edit 1: Only a mother jones tool would take away "The Repbulicans theory of the case has been disproven...by the 12 emails". :lol: Yeah...that's what happened, moron. :lol: It still going on...

No one watches MSNBC.

BuzzFeed shows how badly the president's spokesman lied today.

http://www.buzzfeed....bility-al-qeada

Hell, even the New Yorker is on this.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2013/05/benghazi-cia-talking-point-edits-white-house.html

And it's back on front page or CNN. Sometimes, y'know, maybe tell the truth next time.

Edited by LABillzFan

Yikes....after spending lots of my fun time looking through various message boards, and comments sections of blogs and articles?

We now have Bush derangement in reverse. ODS(Obama derangement syndrome): no matter what happens, it's never Obama's fault. :lol:

It's either Bush's fault, or the Republicans fault, even when they are merely reacting...to things that Democrats have done. :doh:

I wouldn't be surprised to wake up some day next year and find out that somehow, it's my fault. :lol:

This led me to an idea:

Each PPP poster should be assigned days/weeks next year, or whenever we want to start it. You get specifically set aside time for it to be "your fault". :lol: Then, we can all blame that poster for "their" failures, and, they can then demonstrate how to publicly take blame, and be accountable, in a constructive(and funny) manner. We can use it as a teaching exercise, and thearpy for those with ODS. And of course, I expect humor.

I will volunteer to set the schedule, and remind those whose "fault" it is. Or, I can just do this at random, without any plan whatsoever. :lol: That may be better.

Thoughts?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Interesting commentary from Mark Steyn.

Remember how we kept hearing that investigative FBI teams could not get into the Benghazi crime scene for weeks, but US media were able to go into the embassy and retrieve data the government could not?

When the Libyan president saw the US lying, he perceived the US was no different than Gaddafi or Assad. So he kept the FBI out because he could no longer trust the US.

http://www.nationalr...009/lying-state

Nothing to see here.

White House Meets Privately with Press to Discuss Benghazi

In the White House’s latest efforts at transparency, the administration announced to reporters that it would brief reporters on the latest shocking developments about the Benghazi situation … behind closed doors.

Politico reports:

The off-the-record session was announced to reporters in the wake of an ABC News report showing that White House and State Dept. officials were involved in revising the now-discredited CIA talking points about the attack on Benghazi.

The administration routinely exerts pressure on reporters it feels are not kind enough in their coverage. Reporters like Cheryl Attkisson of CBS News have felt the hand of their bosses for “wading dangerously close to advocacy” with regard to Benghazi. No doubt this “off-the-record” meeting was designed to get all the president’s horses and all the president’s men to put the Benghazi humpty dumpty together again.

UPDATE : Politico now reports that the meeting has been characterized as "deep background." The existence of the meeting itself is considered "off-the-record." White House spokesman Josh Earnest said, "Deep background means that the info presented by the briefers can be used in reporting but the briefers can't be quoted."

So expect a fair number of "White House sources" to appear in reportage for the next few days.

http://www.breitbart...-off-the-record

Things are heating up ? ? ?.......................................lol

Smoke forces evacuation of White House press room

Reporters and photographers were evacuated briefly from the West Wing of the White House early Saturday because of smoke from an overheated transformer in a mechanical room.

U.S. Secret Service spokesman Max Milien said that at about 7 a.m., smoke was seen coming from a mechanical room closet on the first floor.

Edited by B-Man

Scrubbing the Truth from Benghazi

By Ron Fournier

“These changes don’t resolve all of my issues or those of my building’s leadership.”

With that sentence, one in a series of emails and draft “talking points” leaked to Jonathan Karl of ABC News, the Obama administration was caught playing politics with Benghazi.

Summaries of White House and State Department emails -- some of which were first published by Stephen F. Hayes of the Weekly Standard -- also contradict the White House version of events that led to U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice misleading the public about the cause of the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on the U.S. installation in Libya.

Where does this all lead?

From The New Yorker:

Spinning Benghazi.

“It’s a cliché, of course, but it really is true: in Washington, every scandal has a crime and a coverup. The ongoing debate about the attack on the United States facility in Benghazi where four Americans were killed, and the Obama Administration’s response to it, is no exception. For a long time, it seemed like the idea of a coverup was just a Republican obsession. But now there is something to it.”

There ALWAYS was "something to it, Mr. Reporter............................................jeez.

If I were the Republicans, assuming Hillary gets the nomination, I would just run that "What difference does it make?" clip in context for every issue they run a spot against her on. Over and over again. Its damning. But they wont...because the GOP are !@#$ing morons.

If I were the Republicans, assuming Hillary gets the nomination, I would just run that "What difference does it make?" clip in context for every issue they run a spot against her on. Over and over again. Its damning. But they wont...because the GOP are !@#$ing morons.

What's damning is that it took the free American MSM media seven full months to start covering this story. That they had to be shamed into doing so in the face of undeniable and irrefutable evidence. That this happened in the age of high speed internet and high speed information at the click of a button. They were acting as a protector for the government regime. They freely and willfully took over the media's role and job as what is done in communist countries.

What's also damning is this video clip which is the perfect example of the MSM doing their job of covering their emperor's mess...

Covering for Obama

• By MICHAEL GOODWIN

Politics! Politics! They’re playing politics in Washington!

Pretending to be modern Paul Reveres, Democrats and their media handmaidens are doing their damnedest to diminish the Benghazi revelations with the cheapest trick in town. While there is always pungent hypocrisy when one gang of politicians accuses another gang of playing politics, the current phony outrage from the Obama Protection Society is exceptionally putrid.

After all, the whole saga of Benghazi — before, during and after the terror attack — reflects nothing so much as the ultimate expression of Barack Obama’s politics. His preference for showing weakness abroad and contempt at home reached its full flowering in the massacre and its aftermath.

{snip}

But there should be a special place in hell for the scores of insiders from the White House, the CIA, the Pentagon and the State Department who knew all along that the administration screwed up, that there never was an anti-video demonstration and that four Americans had been sacrificed on the career altars of Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Silence would have been sin enough. But many members of the team soiled themselves further by taking an active role, such as deleting the truth about a terror attack in the talking points and concocting the fiction about a demonstration.

A common trick of the liberal media is to use the word “politics” in two ways. When Democrats play politics, they are portrayed as doing so for virtuous ends. When Republicans do it, the ends are invariably described as narrow and selfish.

Benghazi makes that double standard impossible to sustain. Virtue is with those wanting the truth. Of course, the Republicans are playing politics, and there was gambling at Rick’s Café in “Casablanca,” too.

The larger question, as always, is whether the politics benefits the public. And all the huffing and puffing by Democrats about whether the Benghazi whistleblowers had anything new to say reveals how little interest they have in getting to the bottom of the death of four Americans at the hands of terrorists. They are putting party before duty, plain and simple.

Worse, the attempt to silence the whistleblowers by Hillary’s henchmen, and the demotion of one in a way that looks to be a clear case of retaliation, demolishes any pretense that the White House wants the truth. Instead, it will fight like hell to keep the public ignorant.

That’s politics, too. The lowest, most despicable kind.

This starts as just another Benghazi article, but the author raises an interesting question: what about Petraeus? He's now teaching at USC. Yet this week he came out dissing the talking points.

The Washington Times author concludes:

Despite protestations by the White House, this scandal is just beginning. And the White House has picked a very bad scapegoat: the Central Intelligence Agency. The CIA follows RFK’s edict: “Don’t get mad, get even.” And when the CIA gets even, it isn’t pretty.

With the White House putting all blame on the agency, expect push back this week — nuclear push back. Gen. David H. Petraeus, the former director forced to resign after a sex scandal, is a dangerous man to the Obama administration. Mad and intent on getting even, he’s already talking, telling one reporter the talking points were “useless” and that he preferred not to use them at all. The floodgates will open this week, and by the end of business Friday, the scandal will be full blown.

A warning to those West Wing sycophants suffering from acute OOCS: Don’t walk down any dark alleys.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/12/curl-watch-out-petraeus-benghazi-scandal/?page=1