My Thoughts in random order, and I will personally

1) The only thing stopping London Fletcher from being a Mike Singletary type mlb is his penchant for making bonehead plays. Sadly, he is at the age where coaching might not help. Too bad, the guy can truly play football.

2) Hey Buffalobob, and other MW supporters...I stopped bashing him and will not start anew, but when CV went down, he looked quite pedestrian for a #4 selection. AD nailed this one...it is a trite cliche, but CV is truly the "heart and soul" of this OL. MW should improve, but for now, CV is the man.

3) MM is a deserving head coach. Some day, he may be as good as Cowher, but not today. He was taken to school. I have no problem with this. Throw spears at me as you will, but I like Cowher. He is not a piece of sh-- like Porkedfaced Satan. He is a good family man and a gentleman.

4) Hey, Travis lovers, have you had enough yet? As I read these reports about this person, I wish that TD would just put this dumbass in a giant cannon, aim it at the Sea of Stupidity, and let it blast. Watch, we will not even get a 7th round pick!

5) Coach Krumerie is my favorite person in the NFL. He is just that cool. Imo, he will kick Kelsay's ass and make him a top quality player in 05.

6) Worried about losing Gray to a head coaching job FFS? He is NOT ready to be a head coach. After having watched him from the first row, I will admit to being totally impressed with his demeanor. I also think that he will get better.

That said, he should be a competent coordinator NEXT season. He had FAR too much talent to let this happen yesterday.

7) Trey Teague should play LT next season. Jennings IS good, but not 6 million per season good. TT is agile enough to play LT, but he is too weak to play OC in this league imo.

8) Pucillo might be the worst NFL player. You called it R.Rich!!!

9) R,Rich, Badolbilz, jokeman, etc., do me a favor.....find us another blocker or 2. You are the draft gurus!

10) Mark VI......the qb situation will play itself out. We still dont know if Losman can play in this league. Chances are that Drew will at some point get hurt, and JP will get his chance. We shall see, but at this point, JP is a non-entity as a football player.

11) I think that MaGahee is already better than Franco Harris, but his injury history mandates that the Bills draft another running back.

12) I flew my Bills colors today. I am just as proud as ever to be a fan of this great franchise. We are in this together, aqnd I for one will never give up.

13) Cablelady is gorgeous. :P

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when CV went down, he looked quite pedestrian for a #4 selection. AD nailed this one...it is a trite cliche, but CV is truly the "heart and soul" of this OL. MW should improve, but for now, CV is the man.

191709[/snapback]

Do you mean to tell me that just because we went from averaging 9 YPC when Villarial left the game to about 1.8 YPC that an Offensive Lineman could have that kind of impact on a game of football? Why, he's not a running back or receiver or for Heaven's sake a Quarterback- how could he POSSIBLY make such a difference in the potency of our rushing offense?

Do you mean to tell me that just because we went from averaging 9 YPC when Villarial left the game to about 1.8 YPC that an Offensive Lineman could have that kind of impact on a game of football? Why, he's not a running back or receiver or for Heaven's sake a Quarterback- how could he POSSIBLY make such a difference in the potency of our rushing offense?

191722[/snapback]

AKC, that was your call too on CV, As SDS once said, when one disagrees with you about football, said person is more often than not wrong.

Btw, I was with you step for step on CV! :P

few things i'd like to see done..

1) Pass rusher to compliment schobel ( denny and kelsay are too small )

2) a scary slot reciever to open up the long ball for moulds and evans josh reed isn't the answer, and its ashame because he was soo highly reguarded coming out of college

3) resign pat williams

10) Mark VI......the qb situation will play itself out. We still dont know if Losman can play in this league. Chances are that Drew will at some point get hurt, and JP will get his chance. We shall see, but at this point, JP is a non-entity as a football player.

191709[/snapback]

No doubt I think you are correct about the QB situation Bill...At one point in time Tom Brady was a nobody, 2nd Year QB in this League but he worked his as off and became an NFL Star...Hopefully JP has that type of drive...I don't think anyone doubts JP's physical abilities, but it's now up to him to go out and take this job away from Bledsoe, or anyone else the Bills bring in...No matter what anyone says, deep down inside there is no one in the Bills Organization that does not want JP to step up and be The Man...It's up to him now, the Rookie Season is history, time to earn that cash... :P

191722[/snapback]

I think we saw the failing that the Bills had no one listed on the depth chart behind CV. His impact came not simply beause he played well, but because the patchwork which replaced him limited the Teague blocking calls and changes as it was not clear his replacement could execute them. I like CV's play (after the potentially phantom penalty on him which cost us a critical first down against Oakland) but the problem was not simply that he was so good but that the efforts to replace him were unsuccessful and threw off our whole blocking scheme at a time when we needed it to be great because the ST tooketh away as much as it gave and the D was spotty at best.

7) Trey Teague should play LT next season. Jennings IS good, but not 6 million per season good. TT is agile enough to play LT, but he is too weak to play OC in this league imo.

191709[/snapback]

I like it. Getting a Center in free agency would be much cheaper than keeping Jennings and probably result in a better line overall.

I have opinions on two of your topics. 

#6.  You are correct sir.  That defense has too much talent for what happened yesterday.  Gray was outfoxed.  He'll get there, but not yet.

#13 has never been luckier. ;)

191761[/snapback]

Looks like the pupil (Gray) has not bested the teacher (Lebeau). The Steelers were able to plan for everything we were going to throw at them, offensively and defensively. That's the difference experience gets you.

Good post Bill.

9) R,Rich, Badolbilz, jokeman, etc., do me a favor.....find us another blocker or 2. You are the draft gurus!

191709[/snapback]

I know the draft is months away but I have already started some homework. As things stand right now, one name that could be the first Bill drafted could be OL Nick Kaczur out of Toledo. While many are projecting him to play RT in the NFL, I suspect the Bills would draft him and move him to LG then taking an actual G prospect unless David Baas some how fell to us. As the best G I would predict be available to the Bills would be LG Dan Buenning out of Wisconsin. Buenning's more of a workman like lineman and think Kaczur offers more upside because he is a better athlete.

Not only that but Donahoe has shown with Trey Teague and Marques Sullivan, he has no qualms bringing in OTs and have them move to other positions. I think the idea of moving Teague to LT is a bad one. While he played there with Denver, he wasn't particular good there and there's a reason we shifted him to Center when we signed him. Of course if Jonas Jennings is lost there is an outside change that BIG Mike could be shifted to LT (which I wouldn't advise either) we could then use Kaczur at RT and keep Tucker at LG or a free agent signing (Cosey Coleman of TB be nice). As the roster plays out now Tucker is our best answer at LG but I personally think Tucker is best used as a guy off the bench then a full time starter.

To recap here's how I'd like the O-line to look:

LT Jonas Jennings

LG Cosey Coleman

C Trey Teague

RG Chris V

RT Mike Williams

Here's my second choice:

LT Jonas Jennings

LG David Baas

C Trey Teague

RG Chris V

RT Mike Williams

Here's how I think it will look:

LT Bob Whitfield (temporary solution if Jennings can't be re-signed).

LG Nick Kaczur

C Trey Teague

RG Chris V

RT Mike Williams

191722[/snapback]

Still like what you see from Drew?

3) MM is a deserving head coach. Some day, he may be as good as Cowher, but not today. He was taken to school. I have no problem with this. Throw spears at me as you will, but I like Cowher. He is not a piece of sh-- like Porkedfaced Satan. He is a good family man and a gentleman.

191709[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more, Bill. I've always liked Cowher as a coach and respect what he's done. I'm glad for Pittsburgh's sake that they didn't dump him after 6-10 last year. He's always shown class and tact where he needs to. If there's one coach in this league that deserves a ring, it's him.

4) Hey, Travis lovers, have you had enough yet? As I read these reports about this person, I wish that TD would just put this dumbass in a giant cannon, aim it at the Sea of Stupidity, and let it blast. Watch, we will not even get a 7th round pick!

191709[/snapback]

I was a Travis lover in September, but after watching Willis play, Travis doesn't hold a candle to him at all. I think Donahoe should be able to get a 3rd rounder for Travis, but he should do what he can. There will be plenty of good RBs available in the draft this year and next.

11) I think that MaGahee is already better than Franco Harris, but his injury history mandates that the Bills draft another running back.

191709[/snapback]

I think it might be a bit too early to say that, but I'm happy Donahoe took the gamble. Willis may have the arrogance, but he backs it up on the field. I'll take a guy who can fake a DB out of his shorts, then stiff-arm a LB any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Willis is the real deal. He's got the swagger this team didn't have since Thurman, plus he's got the classy veteran teammates to back him up.

12) I flew my Bills colors today. I am just as proud as ever to be a fan of this great franchise. We are in this together, aqnd I for one will never give up.

191709[/snapback]

I still wear my jacket proudly, despite the sh-t I get from my Cowboy-loving boss. ;)

Still like what you see from Drew?

192039[/snapback]

It's never been about liking Bledsoe, it's always been about the alternatives. I'm astounded that our fan base is putting the dreadful O on Sunday fully on Bledsoe instead of rightfully sharing the blame between the two high paid "stars" of our O in Bledsoe and Moulds. Moulds was awful, dropping any chance we had on plays that Beldsoe executed properly. Moulds is AT LEAST as responsible for what happened to us Sunday but reading this board you'd think our "go to" receiver was just another victim of a Barney Fife performance at QB.

Let Bledsoe go- he's likely to end up at another stop like Oakland, a team that took another prior #1 draft pick of the Pats, a guy who was out of the league because he was "stationary", "got sacked too often" and "had no pocket presence" but just happened to return to a team that lived on the long ball and that good fit earned Jim Plunkett and those Raider teams two Super Bowl rings.

It's never been about liking Bledsoe, it's always been about the alternatives. I'm astounded that our fan base is putting the dreadful O on Sunday fully on Bledsoe instead of rightfully sharing the blame between the two high paid "stars" of our O in Bledsoe and Moulds. Moulds was awful, dropping any chance we had on plays that Beldsoe executed properly. Moulds is AT LEAST as responsible for what happened to us Sunday but reading this board you'd think our "go to" receiver was just another victim of a Barney Fife performance at QB.

192556[/snapback]

October 4th

11. E. Moulds continues to be an enigma. Million dollar athlete, $.10 melon. Loser.

:)

1) The only thing stopping London Fletcher from being a Mike Singletary type mlb is his penchant for making bonehead plays. Sadly, he is at the age where coaching might not help. Too bad, the guy can truly play football.

2) Hey Buffalobob, and other MW supporters...I stopped bashing him and will not start anew, but when CV went down, he looked quite pedestrian for a #4 selection. AD nailed this one...it is a trite cliche, but CV is truly the "heart and soul" of this OL. MW should improve, but for now, CV is the man.

5) Coach Krumerie is my favorite person in the NFL. He is just that cool. Imo, he will kick Kelsay's ass and make him a top quality player in 05.

6) Worried about losing Gray to a head coaching job FFS? He is NOT ready to be a head coach. After having watched him from the first row, I will admit to being totally impressed with his demeanor. I also think that he will get better.

That said, he should be a competent coordinator NEXT season. He had FAR too much talent to let this happen yesterday.

8) Pucillo might be the worst NFL player. You called it R.Rich!!!

13) Cablelady is gorgeous.  :)

191709[/snapback]

Bill...I'll always think higher of Travis than you will. You and I have closed the book on that.

But two things about your post...

Willis is better than TH and makes our team better. But to compare him to Franco Harris? A little premature, don't you think? When Willis is helping us get to four Super Bowls, or one, or starts garnering Hall of Fame credentials, we'll talk.

London Fletcher compared to Mike Singletary??? Where is the outrage on this board over that statement? One of the best middle linebackers...EVER. Maybe THE best. That describes Mike Singletary.

Very good player who is not quite a Pro Bowler, but good enough that most fans can forgive him for the handful of really stupid plays he makes each year. That describes London Fletcher.

The rest of your post is right on the money.