WGR Paul Hamilton take

vegas55

I've never heard Paul Hamilton, but it's the same everywhere. You know these guys are paid to create content, right? It's not necessarily the correctness of the opinion, but it's the ability of the guy to stir up energy and conversation.

Considering I'm sitting here in Chicago discussing Iowa hockey god Paul Hamilton's opinions on Buffalo football, I'd say he was successful.

hamilton is not my favorite guy on the station but his opinions sure aren't worth any less than the ones i read on this message board. they're certainly not any less astute or infomed.

Hamilton is much better for Sabres coverage, IMO, than Bills coverage. He knows the game better, and is more willing to be critical of Sabres play. Plus, he offers insider insights (on the Sabres) that nobody else does...I remember him being the first, and only person I knew of to predict the debacle with not only Danny Briere, but Chris Drury. Around Christmas time of that season, he started talking as if he had personally observed that Chris Drury was not buying into Lindy Ruff anymore... I kind of thought, when GR signed on to carry the Bills games, they would get more on-air talent, and Hamilton could just stick to the Sabres. Perhaps with the lock-out, they just have to find something for him to do...

I feel sorry for him and all the other guys that cover this team on WGR. They are the Bills station, so I am sure they have to wrap this turd up in at least some kind of wrapping paper. But doing that week after week and year after year has made them and us pretty testy.

Wouldn't you all love a competitive team, with a shot at the playoffs to talk about? Them too.

And for those who argue that they get paid, never had a crappy job they hated. Money isn't everything. Paul sounds down right despondant.

I feel sorry for him and all the other guys that cover this team on WGR. They are the Bills station, so I am sure they have to wrap this turd up in at least some kind of wrapping paper. But doing that week after week and year after year has made them and us pretty testy.

Wouldn't you all love a competitive team, with a shot at the playoffs to talk about? Them too.

And for those who argue that they get paid, never had a crappy job they hated. Money isn't everything. Paul sounds down right despondant.

This morning he was out and out yelling at Howard Simon about how this offense NEVER makes the big play at the end of the game when it has the chance... NEVER!!!

I thought he was going to pop. I agree with you. Its hard for us to be fans, but imagine trying to objectively cover this team and not get caught up in being depressingly negative all the time.

This morning he was out and out yelling at Howard Simon about how this offense NEVER makes the big play at the end of the game when it has the chance... NEVER!!!

I thought he was going to pop. I agree with you. Its hard for us to be fans, but imagine trying to objectively cover this team and not get caught up in being depressingly negative all the time.

The whole point is that there is plenty to be critical of or negative about when it comes to covering the Bills. So with so much material to work with, you shake your head when a guy like Hamilton criticizes the coach for something completely off the wall.

I would have called a play that was designed to go to (in order):

CJ Spiller

Stevie Johnson

Scott Chandler

It's too bad we ran out of timeouts, having burnt two of them on plays where Gailey could have and should have stopped the clock simply by throwing a challenge flag.

I agree, and in that order.... Although I'd add in option 4 - Throw it out of the back of the endzone (it was only 2nd down and hey what the heck you might get an interference call like Brady did :) )

I think the play call was fine. It had 5 options. But there were little time on the clock, which limited what Fitz can do. If they had a timeout I think the ball would have gone to CJ. Remember, they didn't design any play to get the ball intercepted.

Graham said that was the first time he had run that route since training camp. Never ran it during a game or in any practices during the season. Chan Gailey never should have had that play in there and especially at that point in the game, Just more proof of what a buffoon Goober Gailey is.

Edited by Not Again

Graham said that was the first time he had run that route since training camp. Never ran it during a game or in any practices during the season. Chan Gailey never should have had that play in there and especially at that point in the game, Just more proof of what a buffoon Goober Gailey is.

Well in the continuing aftermath (and there's a game the day after tomorrow so hopefully the team has moved on), Stevie has legitimized Hamilton's criticism with a similar criticism and as I posted earlier, I agree that you go to your great players in these situations.

ALSO Gailey has assumed a lot of the responsibility for that pick by stating that he should have made a different play call.

It's too bad that the Bills didn't challenge the spot on the play where Spiller thought he scored a TD. The officials spotted the ball at the five when the replay clearly showed Spiller stepping out at the 4.

In the confusion, the Bills were forced to call a timeout. If anyone in the booth was awake, they would have thrown the challenge flag, got a yard closer, and more importantly saved a timeout.

Part of the failure of the Fitz int is that the team was rushing and disorganized. If they had a timeout left it would have been very helpful.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Well in the continuing aftermath (and there's a game the day after tomorrow so hopefully the team has moved on), Stevie has legitimized Hamilton's criticism with a similar criticism and as I posted earlier, I agree that you go to your great players in these situations.

ALSO Gailey has assumed a lot of the responsibility for that pick by stating that he should have made a different play call.

It's too bad that the Bills didn't challenge the spot on the play where Spiller thought he scored a TD. The officials spotted the ball at the five when the replay clearly showed Spiller stepping out at the 4.

In the confusion, the Bills were forced to call a timeout. If anyone in the booth was awake, they would have thrown the challenge flag, got a yard closer, and more importantly saved a timeout.

Part of the failure of the Fitz int is that the team was rushing and disorganized. If they had a timeout left it would have been very helpful.

I blame the injured players. Roll your ass off the field in the last 2 minute!

I guess it's hard to make headlines about a rookie wide receiver running the wrong route.

The media has no idea what to do if they can't blame the quarterback or head coach.

The offense played well on Sunday. The defense didn't.

The final playcall was a good one, and had a good chance of working.

The throw by Fitz would have been good and probably a touchdown - if Graham would have made his cut in front of the defensive back (which is what he should have done).