Positional Needs for DraftTek - November

Astrobot

Hi All,

I am asking for your weigh-in on the team's Positional Needs for DraftTek. These are used for computer generated mock drafts, are used in the draft simulatorthat you can use to create mock drafts with different scenarios, and for discussion here at TBD.

UPDATED POSITIONAL NEEDS (see all 32 teams' needs on the team needspage):

P1=Quarterback (Multiple M6)

P2=OLB43 (Multiple M3), WILB (Barnett's position)

P3=CB, SILB (Bradham-Moats position), Wide Receiver (Multiple M6)

P4=TE, OC, LT, DE43, SS, and Change of Pace RB (RBC), as FJ is getting on in years!

P6=FS, DT43, Featured RB (RBF), OG

P9=All other positions

I thought about making this a poll, but decided that quantitative data doesn't tell the whole story.

Astro

Edited by Astrobot

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

P2 LB - the single biggest need is some help for the front 7. 3 new lbs wouldn't bother me at this point

P2 QB - I swear I have been as against Fitz as the next guy but he has played well for long stretches this year. Yesterday he played great. QB is a need but not a must have with the first pick to me if a stud lb is there (T'eo).

P3 - CB sad but we still need some

WR I actually think the corps is decent but you can never have to many

P4 - all other positions. While we have some good players in spots depth is still not quite where it needs to be.

P4 -

i would think that our priorities are...

1a. qb to challenge and eventually replace fitz. not necessarily right now, but somebody with intelligence and ability.

1b. lb

2. lb.

3. lb.

4-7. best available players for depth/special teams.

OK. I'm setting OLB as Multiple, meaning that we want at least 2 OLB's if they're BPA at that pick.

P2 LB - the single biggest need is some help for the front 7. 3 new lbs wouldn't bother me at this point

P2 QB - I swear I have been as against Fitz as the next guy but he has played well for long stretches this year. Yesterday he played great. QB is a need but not a must have with the first pick to me if a stud lb is there (T'eo).

P3 - CB sad but we still need some

WR I actually think the corps is decent but you can never have to many

P4 - all other positions. While we have some good players in spots depth is still not quite where it needs to be.

P4 -

I'm moving CB up to P3. Some good ones this year, not necessarily the ones you've heard of. Same with WR.

i would think that our priorities are...

1a. qb to challenge and eventually replace fitz. not necessarily right now, but somebody with intelligence and ability.

1b. lb

2. lb.

3. lb.

4-7. best available players for depth/special teams.

I want a QB to replace Fitz now, not challenge him and eventually replace him down the road. Unless you want to draft a 7th round developmental QB?

OK. I'm setting OLB as Multiple, meaning that we want at least 2 OLB's if they're BPA at that pick.

I'm moving CB up to P3. Some good ones this year, not necessarily the ones you've heard of. Same with WR.

as sad as it may be, i really think that we need at least 5 back 7 players from the draft and in free agency. and it could get worse depending on what happens with byrd and whether or not williams/rogers are salvageable.

I want a QB to replace Fitz now, not challenge him and eventually replace him down the road. Unless you want to draft a 7th round developmental QB?

if you look at the positives that fitz brings, i think that he is a quite capeable qb in this league, certainly for this team. he is not the long term elite qb that we all want, but i think that he is a really good bridge. if the bills draft a kid that gets it from day one that's great. but i believe that if they want to draft a kid and not rush him right in, fitz is a good caretaker. my thinking is just that they need to get a youngster in here soon.

I think safety has to be a consideration. Wilson is slipping and Byrd may be gone. I like Searcy but he seems to have limitations.

Searcy's the SS, so P4 for SS; Should FS be listed at P3 with Wilson-Byrd on the roster?

1 qb

2 de

3 lb

4 cb

To me wr is behind a lot of more pressing needs. They can score even with a noodle armed quarter back

I'll move DE up one and WR down one.

We have 3 kinds of WR's you can draft for---WRF feature receiver (Stevie), WRP possession receiver (Josh Reed), and WRS small speedy receiver (Wes Welker). They are hoping Graham becomes a combo WRP-WRS.

Edited by Astrobot

I think talent at the QB position looks pretty good in later rounds, even RD6. Wouldn't surprise me if Nix takes two in this draft, one earlier (RD1-3), one later (RD6).

I really hope this is the case. Is there a way to set up the rankings to select 2 qbs but just not consecutively? If the team did go lb then qb in rounds 1 and 2 maybe get another qb in 5 or 6.

I really hope this is the case. Is there a way to set up the rankings to select 2 qbs but just not consecutively? If the team did go lb then qb in rounds 1 and 2 maybe get another qb in 5 or 6.

Yep. I put a M6 (multiple, but not consecutive) on QB for the next mock. This could be something like Wilson in RD1 or EJ Manuel in RD2, then McCarron in RD 5 or 6.

Hi All,

I am asking for your weigh-in on the team's Positional Needs for DraftTek. These are used for computer generated mock drafts, are used in the draft simulatorthat you can use to create mock drafts with different scenarios, and for discussion here at TBD.

Right now, from our October discussions, I have (see all 32 teams' needs on the team needspage):

P1=Quarterback

P2=Wide Receiver (Multiple M6), OLB43 (Multiple M3), SILB, WILB

P3=CB

P4=TE, OC, LT, DE43, SS, and Change of Pace RB (RBC), as FJ is getting on in years!

P6=FS and Featured RB (RBF), OG

P9=All other positions

I thought about making this a poll, but decided that quantitative data doesn't tell the whole story.

Astro

Astro that last mock had my head exploding.

If we passed on Te'O' for that Baylor WR Its possible One Bills Drive would be burned down.

That being Said

P1 = QB a "reach" on Tier 2 QB like Tyler Wilson would be perfectly acceptable in this draft. Under the new CBA and the rookie salary Pool QBs, even tier 2 prospects like Tannhill, Weeden and Ponder, go in the first round.

There is no reason the Bills should not take a QB (if they think the guy can be a winner ) with thier first pick of the first round. You cannot play the waiting game with QBs anymore (If you ever could is debatable) If Tyler Wilson is your guy you take him with #3 overall pick, you don't play it cheap and wait until #35.

P2 is anytype of LB and Multiple - Like I said it doesn't matter what the second need is because the Bills have to take a QB in the first round.

So I would agree with this:P1=Quarterback

P3=CB

P9=All other positions

Under the caveot that you go QB with the first pick no matter and especially not a freaking WR with the first round pick. This year. :censored:

Edited by Why So Serious?

P1 for linebacker help. I'm getting a sinking feeling that it wasn't the front four but the lousy linebackers all along.

Does anybody have a good write up on any college linebackers that could be potential Bills in the draft?

I forgot DT43. I have it as a late/lower priority, P6, but some might think that Kyle and Dareus have no backup.

Astro that last mock had my head exploding.

If we passed on Te'O' for that Baylor WR Its possible One Bills Drive would be burned down.

That being Said

P1 = QB a "reach" on Tier 2 QB like Tyler Wilson would be perfectly acceptable in this draft. Under the new CBA and the rookie salary Pool QBs, even tier 2 prospects like Tannhill, Weeden and Ponder, go in the first round.

There is no reason the Bills should not take a QB (if they think the guy can be a winner ) with thier first pick of the first round. You cannot play the waiting game with QBs anymore (If you ever could is debatable) If Tyler Wilson is your guy you take him with #3 overall pick, you don't play it cheap and wait until #35.

P2 is anytype of LB and Multiple - Like I said it doesn't matter what the second need is because the Bills have to take a QB in the first round.

So I would agree with this:P1=Quarterback

P3=CB

P9=All other positions

Under the caveot that you go QB with the first pick no matter and especially not a freaking WR with the first round pick. This year. :censored:

But by your above list moving WR up to P2, you are telling the computer that you'd take the WR if the top 2 QB's are taken, so you make no sense ranking WR's as P2. Let's move WR to P3. I'd rather have Te'O or Wilson over Terrence Williams or Keenan Allen.