Jerry Sullivan can go to hell

Dragonborn10

And yeah, if the Bills had Tom Brady they'd be better and maybe contend for the playoffs. But those types of QBs come around 2-3 times a decade, you can't count on it or expect it. Hell, I'd like to have better QB play too, who wouldn't? That being said Fitz is far from the main culprit in this team's struggles. He's just an easy target for fans because his individual mistakes are magnified x1000 because he plays QB.

I swear if Bills fans actually sat down and watched other NFL games with the critical eye toward the QB position that they watch the Bills games with they wouldn't be happy with anybody not named Manning, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers (and maybe Ryan.)

Put Schaub on the Bills and we're sitting in the same position. Same with guys like Cutler, A. Smith, and Flaco. But put them on teams with good D's and they are guys who can lead a team to home field advantage.

I strongly disagree. I think if I put any of the guys you mentioned in for the Bills, I have hope. Hope that when the game is on the line, he will come through. I honestly thought, during the last drive, that this would be the one. Then Fitz threw to Chandler on first down when CJ had one on one coverage crossing the middle. He was wide open in space. OK, first down. Then we kept in 5 wide sets, even though Spiller can dominate any safety or LB coming out of the backfield. Then my optimism turned to what it is EVERY TIME we get in this situation. Fear. And I feel the same fear every week the game is on the line. That somehow, Fitz will eff this up. Whether TJ was supposed to cross the safety or not (I believe he was), that was the wrong read on Fitz's part.

If you think, every time you have a chance, that somehow your QB will eff it up, then it's time to commit to finding a new one.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat reporters should all be boiled in vats of acid.

When did Sully become a beat reporter?

Honestly, the anger towards Sullivan is laughable. If you really want to get that upset over something related to your favorite sports team, channel that anger towards the man in charge of this joke of a franchise.

Yes Sully finally got to me... Good for him he won this time... Usually I am above his least common denominator hack style. But it was the emotion of Fitz during and after the game that set me off. He admits Fitz played better than any Bills QB ever at Gillette Stadium. But yet in the end it was all Fitz's fault. Not Barnett's awful play at LB, not Saint Fred fumbling twice, not Graham for running the wrong route, not a defense that drops two INT's, not useless Lee Smith, or even the most convenient target Mario. No after putting up 31 ppints and making the right read and the right throw the whole loss is all Fitz's fault.

So, yes Jerry you win this time. Enjoy looking into the mirror of mediocrity for the rest of your life you two bit hack.

Honestly, the anger towards Sullivan is laughable. If you really want to get that upset over something related to your favorite sports team, channel that anger towards the man in charge of this joke of a franchise.

DING!!!!! +1,000,000

Yes Sully finally got to me... Good for him he won this time... Usually I am above his least common denominator hack style. But it was the emotion of Fitz during and after the game that set me off. He admits Fitz played better than any Bills QB ever at Gillette Stadium. But yet in the end it was all Fitz's fault. Not Barnett's awful play at LB, not Saint Fred fumbling twice, not Graham for running the wrong route, not a defense that drops two INT's, not useless Lee Smith, or even the most convenient target Mario. No after putting up 31 ppints and making the right read and the right throw the whole loss is all Fitz's fault.

So, yes Jerry you win this time. Enjoy looking into the mirror of mediocrity for the rest of your life you two bit hack.

I basically agree with you. That last INT was on Fitz in my opinion. In another thread someone pointed out that even if Graham had run the "correct" route, the pass was too high to think he would have come down with it. However with all the money spent, and basically the entire draft and free agency period spent on the defense, the expectation of the offense scoring 31 points being enough to win that game is certainly justified.

To me, this loss sits squarely on the defense without a doubt.

Amen!!! And I don't mind Sully that much...It's not like The Bills give him all that much opportunity to be positive...Ever... B-)

I am so tired of his columns and have been for years but today I am really pissed off. Maybe he should look in the mirror of mediocrity. He is writing for the Buffalo News not the Washington Post. He writes how Fitz plays the best game by a Bills QB ever at Gillette Stadium, how the defense drops two INT's, that Bardy threw underneath all day, how Spiller doesn't get enough carries, and lastly how Graham ran the worong route. But in the end it is all on Fitz. Total bush league journalism. He writes that Fitz plays his heart out and I suspect he thinks he is clever that he pins the loss all on Fitz in the end. It is one thing to be a homer but to just be a f-in ashole all the time is weak. He doesn't deserve a column covering one of 32 NFL franchises. He doesn't deserve to be the beat writer for WBNA team.

Please not another Jerry Sullivan rant! I didn't see Sullivan fumble or throw any interceptions yesterday. This "kill the messenger" mentality is typical loser behavior.

agree.....its just a game gentlemen.....no reason to kill the messenger.

fitz gets paid 60 mil and is the quarterback.....when teams lose the qb gets the blame.....such is life.

i think the OP is taking this harder than the actual team did.

I for one am proud of the way the team played, they fought thru the ticky tacky flags and almost pulled out a W. It was almost fun again to root for the Bills yesterday.

heres another outsiders view of our situation......Good Fitz” was back this week, although nearly every quarterback looks good against the Patriots’ secondary. The streaky Fitzpatrick lit up New England and nearly pulled off a big upset. Fitzpatrick hit seven different receivers. But as usual, Fitzpatrick saved his worst throw for last. He threw the ball right to Patriots safety Devin McCourty in the end zone to close out the game. Other than that, it was a good performance for Fitzpatrick.

Edited by Ryan L Billz