Realignment?

Next season, Bills play Cincinnati for the 3rd year in a row. Hmmmm...something up?

Perhaps realignment in the works - new division - Buf, Pit, Cin, Cle.

8 hours from Buffalo to Cincy. 4 to Pgh, 2+ to Cleveland.

Easy driving or bus trip to division rivals.

I'd like to see this happen. :P

8 hours from Buffalo to Cincy.

191397[/snapback]

I made the trip up yesterday and back today in 6 - 6 1/2 hours (each way). I was driving on average 70-75mph.

Regardless, I think that it would be pretty cool. Doubt it would happen due to the tradition of playing the Dolpins.

191397[/snapback]

nothing suspicious about it. it has to do with how the nfl makes their schedule after the last realignment

16 games, 14 are predetermined for years to come

play division rivals twice, one home and one road (2x3) = 6

play each team from one division in the other conference once, 2 road and 2 home = 4. rotate the divisions...We played the NFC North in 2002, NFC East in 2003, and NFC West in 2004. Next year we'll have 4 games against the NFC South.

play each team from another division in the same conference once, 2 road and 2 home = 4. rotate the divisions...2002 we played the AFC West, 2003 we played the AFC South, 2004 we played the AFC North. Dunno who we get next year, prolly back to the West

6+4+4 = 14 games predetermined

The final 2 games are determined by where you finish in your division and the intraconference division you play

In 2003 we finished 3rd in the AFC East, so we face a 3rd place schedule. We played the AFC North by schedule so our final 2 games were determined by who finished 3rd in the AFC South (Jax) and AFC West (Oakland) in 2003

So by using this formula (and assuming we play the NFC South and AFC West next year) our 2005 schedule will be

MIAx2, NEx2, NYJx2

ATL, CAR, NO, TB

DEN, KC, OAK, SD

CIN (8-8) and HOU (7-9), who finished 3rd in their respective divisions

nothing suspicious about it.  it has to do with how the nfl makes their schedule after the last realignment

play division rivalChrist...listining to you people, you'd think Bledsoe was the second coming of either Johnny Unitas or Gary Marangi.  It IS possible to fall somewhere between those two extremes, you know...s twice, one home and one road (2x3) = 6

play each team from one division in the other conference once, 2 road and 2 home = 4.  rotate the divisions...We played the NFC North in 2002, NFC East in 2003, and NFC West in 2004.  Next year we'll have 4 games against the NFC South.

play each team from another division in the same conference once, 2 road and 2 home = 4.  rotate the divisions...2002 we played the AFC West, 2003 we played the AFC South, 2004 we played the AFC North.  Dunno who we get next year, prolly back to the West

The final 2 games are determined by where you finish in your division and the intraconference division you play

In 2003 we finished 3rd in the AFC East, so we face a 3rd place schedule.  We played the AFC North by schedule so our final 2 games were determined by who finished 3rd in the AFC South (Jax) and AFC West (Oakland) in 2003

So by using this formula (and assuming we play the NFC South and AFC West next year) our 2005 schedule will be

MIAx2, NEx2, NYJx2

ATL, CAR, NO, TB

DEN, KC, OAK, SD

191465[/snapback]

See /dev.

See /dev/null.

See /dev/null rain on parade.

Rain, /dev/null rain.

:P

This would be a nice, compact division. Football teams come and go, they rise and fall, but good times within short distances would be great.

NEVER have to fret about a sellout and no local tv, btw!

The only negative that I'd see about a division with those teams, is that Buffalo would have to deal with Steelers fans at home every season, like we did yesterday. This is a problem that the Bengals have had for some time.

I have heard Cincinnati referred to as "Pittsburgh South" by several friends who are Steelers fans.

The only negative that I'd see about a division with those teams, is that Buffalo would have to deal with Steelers fans at home every season, like we did yesterday.  This is a problem that the Bengals have had for some time.

I have heard Cincinnati referred to as "Pittsburgh South" by several friends who are Steelers fans.

191489[/snapback]

Yep, but all teams have to find a way to beat their division teams. Can't avoid that.

This thread is hilarious, living proof that some people on this board just have zero idea of what they are talking about.

sorry stuckincincy, but really this just has to do with us playing 3rd place team in AFC north, it has nothing to do with the bengals or a rival game.

This thread is hilarious, living proof that some people on this board just have zero idea of what they are talking about.

sorry stuckincincy, but really this just has to do with us playing 3rd place team in AFC north, it has nothing to do with the bengals or a rival game.

True and it also shows your lack of tact. ;)

Next season, Bills play Cincinnati for the 3rd year in a row.  Hmmmm...something up?

8 hours from Buffalo to Cincy. 4 to Pgh, 2+ to Cleveland.

Easy driving or bus trip to division rivals.

I'd like to see this happen. ;)

191397[/snapback]

i wanted this to happen so badly when they were reorganizing the league. it was so nearsighted of RW to fight to keep the afc east intact. in a couple years we would have forgot all about miami and games vs pitt and clev would have been bigger than any miami game.

unfotunately there's no way they make anymore changes for at least 10-20 years.

that being said...not sure i'd wnat to be in with pitts burg for the next coupld years. looks like cower knows exactly what mularkey and clements is all about and lebeau has gray's number pegged. to win like that with backups proves that to me.

nothing suspicious about it.  it has to do with how the nfl makes their schedule after the last realignment

play division rivals twice, one home and one road (2x3) = 6

play each team from one division in the other conference once, 2 road and 2 home = 4.  rotate the divisions...We played the NFC North in 2002, NFC East in 2003, and NFC West in 2004.  Next year we'll have 4 games against the NFC South.

play each team from another division in the same conference once, 2 road and 2 home = 4.  rotate the divisions...2002 we played the AFC West, 2003 we played the AFC South, 2004 we played the AFC North.  Dunno who we get next year, prolly back to the West

In 2003 we finished 3rd in the AFC East, so we face a 3rd place schedule.  We played the AFC North by schedule so our final 2 games were determined by who finished 3rd in the AFC South (Jax) and AFC West (Oakland) in 2003

MIAx2, NEx2, NYJx2

ATL, CAR, NO, TB

DEN, KC, OAK, SD

191465[/snapback]

Gee, that sucks. Anyone else notice that this is a BRUTAL schedule?? There isn't a gimmie on the whole slate (except maybe Miami). Ugh.....the playoffs won't be easy in 2005.

191519[/snapback]

Thanks!

You must be a barrel of laughs at a party. ;)

If I'd had my way, the divisions would have been lined up something like this, making it likely to have a lot of visiting team rivalries (as seen in in NCAA rivalries)

Eastern Conference:

Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Cleveland

New England, NY Jets, Philadelphia, NY Giants

Washington, Carolina, Baltimore, Tennessee

Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Atlanta

Western Conference:

Cincinatti, Indianapolis, Chicago, Green Bay

New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Arizona

Kansas City, St Louis, Denver, Minnesota,

Oakland, San Diego, San Franciso, Seattle

In the proposed Bills' division, all teams would have been within a 5 hour drive or less of each other. Think how great this would be for filling seats and the tourist dollars.

I believe that within a decade, everyone would forget about the stupid Washington/Dallas and Buffalo/Miami rivalries. The only thing fueling the Miami rivalry was the 0-20 decade of the 70's, followed immediately by a turn around in the 80's, and the Marino/Kelly and Levy /Shula matchups. That continuity is gone and the bi-annual Dolphins/Bills matches are no more meaningful than any other division game. Besides, the only Dolphins fans you see at the Ralph are a few bandwagon jumpers from Ontario and some half-retarded kids who happen to like aqua and orange. Wouldn't it be more fun if there was the annaul home and awy series with folks from Pitt, Cleve, & Detroit - cities with similar blue-collar people and ethnic origins?

Another bonus - I think it would have made it a lot harder to move a team like Buffalo to another city, far from the division.

Man, the NFL missed the boat on making the best divisions possible. There could have been some great fist fights in the stadiums of the Great Lakes division!

There could have been some great fist fights in the stadiums of the Great Lakes division!

192914[/snapback]

You know, I don't think that Tagliabue had his priorities straight. ;)

I do like your proposed divisions. Sure would've made for 3-4 good road trips every season.