Biggest winner on election night

Olive Garden, Welch Allyn, Papa Johns...

Just look across the pond. there are your answers. Unemployment above 10% is the norm.

conner will be one of the first to have his hours reduced under 30. But hey, he can thank Barry for the great welfare he's going to be getting.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are not what I consider career jobs. Except for Welch Allyn, which to be honost, I never heard of.

It doesn't matter if they are career jobs. They are were jobs. Full time jobs. And Welch Allyn is the biggest med equipment manufacturer in the US.

Edited by sodbuster

For someone who claims to be a business person, you sure don't seem to understand labor costs budgeting very well.

I work alone. My overhead is close to nil. I don't waste money on gardeners, housekeepers and fancy cars. I live well below my means.

Not really. It smells like business.

Why would they lay them off now Sod?

I work alone. My overhead is close to nil. I don't waste money on gardeners, housekeepers and fancy cars. I live well below my means.

You work alone? Hire somebody! Or are you too greedy?

Why would they lay them off now Sod?

Costs of ACA. They were banking on it getting rolled back with a Romney win.

No, not greedy. I was able to retire early. Now I do what I love. I don't need the agravation. Besides, when it comes to my work, I am a perfectionist.

Costs of ACA. They were banking on it getting rolled back with a Romney win.

That doesn't go into effect til 2014. Why now?

So you're not a businessman insomuch as you're a fly-by-night, paycheck-to-paycheck, unlicensed and uninsured roofer.

But it's not enough that you're barely keeping your own house afloat... Oh no... You've decided to attack me for creating two jobs with my household, which is two more than you've created with your business, and for supporting the American auto industry.

You're a peculiar little man.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

No, not greedy. I was able to retire early. Now I do what I love. I don't need the agravation. Besides, when it comes to my work, I am a perfectionist.

That doesn't go into effect til 2014. Why now?

Something called foresight. Successful businessmen need it.

So you're not a businessman insomuch as you're a fly-by-night, paycheck-to-paycheck, unlicensed and uninsured roofer.

But it's not enough that you're barely keeping your own house afloat... Oh no... You've decided to attack me for creating two jobs with my household, which is to more than you've created with your business, and for supporting the American auto industry.

You're a peculiar little man.

Roofer? I am afraid of heights. I don't do it for the money, though I do get paid quite handsomely. No, I am all about quality, not quantity.

Those are not what I consider career jobs. Except for Welch Allyn, which to be honost, I never heard of.

WHAT???!!!!!

who the heck are you to judge one job over another?

not considered "career jobs"??

What if someone is happy in life working that particular job? Not all of us can be among the demonized wealthy or the even better off political class.

Some of us, are quite happy with our lot in life and don't need an a$$ to tell us we're not in a "career job" due to where or for who we work. I happen to have a lot of friends in the food service industry and are arguably, happier than a lot of us working for major corporations sitting at a desk..

Edited by Cinga

conner will be one of the first to have his hours reduced under 30. But hey, he can thank Barry for the great welfare he's going to be getting.

What do you mean, Connor will have his hours reduced to under 30? Don't the child labor laws already prevent him from working that many hours?

Something called foresight. Successful businessmen need it.

It just smells of poor sportsmanship to me.

WHAT???!!!!!

who the heck are you to judge one job over another?

not considered "career jobs"??

What if someone is happy in life working that particular job? Not all of us can be among the demonized wealthy or the even better off political class.

Some of us, are quite happy with our lot in life and don't need an a$$ to tell us we're not in a "career job" due to where or for who we work. I happen to have a lot of friends in the food service industry and are arguably, happier than a lot of us working for major corporations sitting at a desk..

Don't get your panties all bunched up. Your buddies meazza, tytt, 3rd, have said a lot worse in regards to the working class. You'r attacking the wrong windmill my friend.

Don't get your panties all bunched up. Your buddies meazza, tytt, 3rd, have said a lot worse in regards to the working class. You'r attacking the wrong windmill my friend.

What have I said about the working class that had a hint of something negative? Furthermore, do you even think for a moment that businesses would do something out of spite rather than doing what's good for their business?

I have no idea what your insinuating with that... a bunch of words again, that don't address a thing I posted...