CJ Spiller, enough touches?

Interesting article from Chris Wesseling from Rotoworld, about CJ Spiller

http://www.rotoworld...eek-10-rankings

"Chan Gailey may have his faults, but he’s done a masterful job of drawing up a creative array of draws, reverses, fake reverses and Wildcat looks to get the ball in Spiller’s hands in space. He even caught a couple of passes after lining up out wide at Houston in Week 9. "

Which is why we love him....

Despite the timeshare with F-Jax and three games sabotaged by a painful shoulder injury, Spiller still ranks in the top-5 in fantasy points per game. Gailey and Jackson are only two men in the league capable of shutting him down. Is that about to change?

IDC which RB gets the ball, as long as Fitz isn't attempting down field passes all game long. He needs to wait until the RB's are too tired to carry the ball anymore before he is allowed to throw at all.

Recently Chan Gailey stated what most fans here have been lamenting for the last 3 years, that he is going to get his RB's 40 touches a game. Then against the Texans he decided for whatever reason to forgo that thought and had Fitz attempt 38 passes while only giving his two star RB's 22 touches.

Which is why we hate him... that and his choice of DC's!

P.S. Buddy Nix stated on two separate occasions that he intends to draft a rookie QB in next years draft! After hearing that should we be rooting for the Bills to finish the season 3-13 so they have a shot at a real franchise QB?

Edited by Fear the Beard

The worst part is that Chans best comments about CJ and the running game is something along the lines of "we really need to try and get him the ball more" what the hell is so hard about it. With the exception of the 49ers game, and the Jets game, we've had all the opportunities in the world to run, run, run. Besides that, I'm absolutely ill that Chan drafted this RB that is proving to be one of the most dangerous weapons in the league and he doesn't use him. 15 carries a game for a 1st round RB is horrible. CJ has never shown he can't take more touches for starters. And then there's the issue that Chan plays an coaches this team to be reactive. For once I'd just like him to run the ball and continue to run and control the game. It's happened a few times and we win. KC, Cle for starters this year. Last year there were plenty of games to use for examples.

Chan has NOT used the wildcat creatively at all. It always takes way too long to set up, and theres no motion, no pitches, no hand offs or anything. Its a direct snap and run move. Absolute garbage.

His addiction to Fitz passes boggles my mind as well. Without Nelson, we have had to rely on Chandler way more, and hes shown himself incapable of making clutch first down catches. Time to get a guy who can run routes, get open, catch the ball, and move the chains!

We don't need to root for 3-13, it will likely happen. We probably would lose to Jacksonville right now.

That's kind of silly--you're taking the gloom and doom too far. Jacksonville, by far, is the worse team in the league. They are beyond terrible. We're a, once again, 6-10 or maybe 7-9 team.

Cmon, lose to Jacksonville? Did you see the game last night? Even you don't believe that.

The Bills D has the potential to make Gabbert look like Brady. But I would have to put the Bills as the slight favorite in that game. By the home field 3 points anyway.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Chan has NOT used the wildcat creatively at all. It always takes way too long to set up, and theres no motion, no pitches, no hand offs or anything. Its a direct snap and run move. Absolute garbage.

His addiction to Fitz passes boggles my mind as well. Without Nelson, we have had to rely on Chandler way more, and hes shown himself incapable of making clutch first down catches. Time to get a guy who can run routes, get open, catch the ball, and move the chains!

+1

Compared to the worst days of Edwards and Losman this offense is a juggernaut. We get mad at Fitz because he cannot make the throw. But at least he often calls the right protection and gets us in the perfect play (which he unfortunately fails to execute). Edwards/Losman could not call the right protections or get us in the right play.

The worst part is that Chans best comments about CJ and the running game is something along the lines of "we really need to try and get him the ball more" what the hell is so hard about it. With the exception of the 49ers game, and the Jets game, we've had all the opportunities in the world to run, run, run. Besides that, I'm absolutely ill that Chan drafted this RB that is proving to be one of the most dangerous weapons in the league and he doesn't use him. 15 carries a game for a 1st round RB is horrible. CJ has never shown he can't take more touches for starters. And then there's the issue that Chan plays an coaches this team to be reactive. For once I'd just like him to run the ball and continue to run and control the game. It's happened a few times and we win. KC, Cle for starters this year. Last year there were plenty of games to use for examples.

Its like Gailey can't seem to control himself and his play calling at all from the National anthem until the fat lady sings. All he wants to do is call pass plays all game long. I would think that this is his form of insecurity complex due to all the losing he did while the OC at KC (2-14) and now in Buffalo (13-27).

My take is he simply doesn't know how to build a winning program. The game against the Titans showed this at the end of the game. The Titans who have one of the worst defenses in the league, and with 1:03,a 60 yards to go for a field goal to win, and his team didn't know what to do! He doesn't have his QB, players, team ready for the 2 min drill. The receivers weren't past the first down marker or near enough to the sidelines to get out of bounds. I don't think I've ever seen a lamer attempt to win a game in under 2 min.

OMG FEarthebeard!! I have been completely forgetting about the idiotic play calls on 3rd and just about anything over 5 and he insists on calling plays that have his WRs 5 or more yards short of the sticks. And honestly, I don't know who's at fault. Chan for calling the play in the first place. The WRs for not running their route to at least the first down marker. Fitz for even thinking its a good idea to throw it their way in the first place. I'm so sick of this ridiculous Coach, QB, play calling, and execution I could throw up.