building a home bar

PaattMaann

Since I like to tinker, I basically built a workshop/refuge with everything I need. When I have friends over, we basically hang out in there. It's a finished concrete floor (think garage floor) and seating is adirondack chairs, office chairs, camping chairs, etc...The office chairs were on their way to Goodwill, but faux leather and casters is too good to pass up. Easy to clean sawdust off of and rolls like a dream. Here's a couple picks I had on my phone (was in the middle of a project, so it's a mess and the phone camera leaves a lot to be desired)

While a bar is nice, if you can combine the space with something else you enjoy, it may be worth your time. My buddy who homebrews basically has a mini-brewery and the way he set it up is about as comfortable a sany pub I've been in.

I think your setup is ideal. It's really a homey looking shop. You go to do a project and you still have a TV. Good use of space IMHO. Building a space that's just a bar would never get used.

I do not say this to mean spirited..but i know 3 gents that put a bar in their basement..they all wish they had used the space for something else. Seems like a great idea, but in practicality it is something that once the first year novelty wears off, gets very little use. Could be just that we are all old than dirt as well :w00t:

Really????? Everytime I see my inlaws come over I shoot right down to the bar in the basement & shut the door. I also use it on the weekends to watch sports & make a day out of it. I have 3 tvs down there & I love sitting there watching sports & making a day of it on a Saturday afternoon. With that being said I am degenerate gambler & I kind of have a slight drinking problem.

If you want to be a real man and so something constructive build yourself a smoker.

Really????? Everytime I see my inlaws come over I shoot right down to the bar in the basement & shut the door. I also use it on the weekends to watch sports & make a day out of it. I have 3 tvs down there & I love sitting there watching sports & making a day of it on a Saturday afternoon. With that being said I am degenerate gambler & I kind of have a slight drinking problem.

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...