The Dog Thread

Gugny

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We adopted Paco about three years ago as a puppy. He was one of five of a rescued mother.

The day I went to see the puppies to pick one, I walked into the house and they all ran over to me. I put my keys and phone down while playing around with them, trying to figure out which one to take, when Paco broke from the pack, picked up my car keys in his mouth and walked to the door, waiting for me. That was that. He never grew like his brothers did. Someone I know who prefers big dogs called him "a puntable." But damn is he a great and obedient dog.

Since all the puppies looked different, whenever someone asks what kind of breed he is, we tell them he's a cockerhood. One part cocker spaniel and one part whatever else was in the neighborhood.

This is him as a puppy.

17334_466612770153_5045453_n.jpg

We adopted Paco about three years ago as a puppy. He was one of five of a rescued mother.

The day I went to see the puppies to pick one, I walked into the house and they all ran over to me. I put my keys and phone down while playing around with them, trying to figure out which one to take, when Paco broke from the pack, picked up my car keys in his mouth and walked to the door, waiting for me. That was that. He never grew like his brothers did. Someone I know who prefers big dogs called him "a puntable." But damn is he a great and obedient dog.

Since all the puppies looked different, whenever someone asks what kind of breed he is, we tell them he's a cockerhood. One part cocker spaniel and one part whatever else was in the neighborhood.

Ha! Great story! And you are right, they pick us. Cute pup.

Also just saw this article and wanted to post it in here. Awesome story.

http://www.dogster.com/the-scoop/basset-hound-and-owner-reunited

was out at a stripmall with a petsmart today and they had a group of rescue dogs on the sidewalk up for adoption. there was an older golden retriever mix with cigarette burn marks on his nose and forehead. what kind of son of a b%^&ch does that? the thing was pretty timid as you might expect and i felt my dogs would badly dominate it but we made a donation. it just makes me worried what people like that do to their kids.

Yeah, my original post with Grace is on page 1 or 2 here.

Feel free to post pics of your favorite cow! Theyre probably more dog-like than most people give them credit for. Agree?

I checked on this last night at the chinese restaurant. Turns out you are right.

When the Vick story first broke I would never have imagined him being allowed to own another dog but I glad that he has served his time, paid his dues and realizing how terrific dogs can be.

That's where I'm coming from too. I'll certainly never forget or forgive Vick for what he did in the past. But life goes on, people change and grow, hopefully for the better. I would imagine someone in Vick's position had no where to go but up if he wanted to make a comeback. And really, it's not that I believe in Vick, but I do believe in the dog. I think if Vick respects the dog and opens his heart to it, the dog will show him how wrong he was. This may be exactly what he needs to really "get" his punishment.

Additionally, I dont think his kids should be punished for their father being a moron in his 20s. Why should they be denied growing up with a dog? That's just setting up a situation for them to not appreciate dogs either.