The one and only TBD Political Thread

Simon

Probably the dumbest statement made in this long thread so far.

It's clear that you don;t understand the meaning of the word hate.

Or you just believe that the fact that many people believe changes its true nature. Just because it is popular doesn't mean it isn't hate based. At one point in time segregation was acceptable and probably the popular idea does that mean its basis is not hate?

Read my original post again. To many their policies comes off as anti-woman, anti-immigrant, anti-poor, and anti-minority. You don't have to like it or even agree with it but it was demonstrated in the election that the Republicans need to do some restrategizing if they hope to be successful in the future.

Maybe Rob puts it more eloquently than me

Edited by section122

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dow isn't up. The US Dollar is down. Big difference.

The DOW is down? really?

The DOW is down from what? The markets were crashing in 2008 and when the freefall stopped the Dow sat at ~ 6.8K from 14K !!! Gradually it has been recovering.

You want a decent market and not an over inflated one that BURST in 2008.

The dollar is down because in part because Congress is divided and won't work together in a recovery not to mention the price tag of 2 foreign wars thanks to He Hwo Must Not Be Named

After taking a mental health day from the election, I can say that I was stunned and dead wrong about this election.

I'm surprised white voters stayed home. Up to 7 million didn't vote at all.

I was surprised at the ultimately lacking GOP enthusiasm.

Because the "base" knew Myth for what he was, a right leaning moderate.

People were "stunned" because the believed all of the lies and fake polls.

Obama was nominated over 36 hours ago and Florida is still counting votes. He won regardless of them.

This thread is a perfect microcosm of America. We have people bickering over race and religion and why their side is better, which distracts them from real issues causing our country to fall apart.

Very sad.

The markets were crashing in 2008 and when the freefall stopped the Dow sat at ~ 6.8K from 14K !!! Gradually it has been recovering.

I see you don't understand the difference.

Edited by peterpan

Or you just believe that the fact that many people believe changes its true nature. Just because it is popular doesn't mean it isn't hate based. At one point in time segregation was acceptable and probably the popular idea does that mean its basis is not hate?

Read my original post again. To many their policies comes off as anti-woman, anti-immigrant, anti-poor, and anti-minority. You don't have to like it or even agree with it but it was demonstrated in the election that the Republicans need to do some restrategizing if they hope to be successful in the future.

Maybe Rob puts it more eloquently than me

You're saying the Republicans "hate" women and immigrants and minorities? That's just crazy.

68% of Republican women and 30% of Democratic women are "pro-life"--do they "hate women"? 40% of Black Democratic women are pro-life. Do they "hate minorities" and women?

37% of Democrats and 37% of Independents are dissatisfies with the amount of immigration into the country and want a decrease. 31% and 38% would vote against the DREAM Act (which would grant legal status to illegal immigrants brought to the US if they join the military or attend college). Do they "hate" immigrants?

10% of Democrats and 23% of Independents said they were LESS likely to vote for Obama because of his support for same sex marriage. 24% of Democrats and 44% of Independents disapprove of his support of gay marriage. Do these non-Republican Americans "hate" gays?

This will be news to you, but people hold positions based not on hate, but on moral and religious beliefs (if you want to argue that religion fosters hate, you haven't yet done so), not because they "hate" other groups of people.

Again, your claim is poorly informed and easily refuted. It is obvious that fully quarter to a third of Democrats share the same or similar positions with the majority of Republicans on abortion, immigration and gay marriage. I bet none of them voted Republican, however. Maybe they "hate" them?