Demetress Bell's play killing Eagles

This Fitz get rid of the ball fast thing is bull ****. The Eagles oline is heartbreaking bad. Fitz can't throw the ball more than 6 yards in front of him, so I will not give him credit for our OL looking good or decent, because with him we may never know. But compared to the Eagles line we are beyond elite status.. I believe if our OL realize the ball was going more then 5 yards in front of them they would be able to hold their own.. So yeah you probably should hate to have said this..

It's no way in this world you've seen an Eagles game, or highlights of that team. That's not an offensive line, H. Mudd suppose to be a genius at molding an OL, but it's terrible over there. It's almost unreal. Vick get his share of blame, but Jesus they rush four guys last night and still slaughter his ass.. In the end both players screwed the Eagles. Lol good for them..

I wouldnt destroy Mudd tooooo badly. going into the night they were down 3 starters, and lost another lineman in the game. that could blow up any coaches good intentions.

and i agree - a lot of the pressure is coming from the front 4 last night. the blitz worked but cam jordan and will smith did a lot of damage from the DE position (and martez wilson often plays DE not LB, so his hit might not have even been a blitz, i missed where he lined up).

Bell was a big beneficiary of homer beer goggles. B-)

unfortunately because our lines have regularly been so bad - most werent used to seeing really good play. just no screwing up was the acceptable standard. even not screwing up thaaaat often has been a standard.

it has been refreshing to, at times, be seeing guys on the line really making plays out there.

unfortunately because our lines have regularly been so bad - most werent used to seeing really good play. just no screwing up was the acceptable standard. even not screwing up thaaaat often has been a standard.

it has been refreshing to, at times, be seeing guys on the line really making plays out there.

You nailed it. The truth is that Bell looked good when compared to Greg Jerman, an aging John Fina, etc. And, people hated Peters for how he held out, and were happy to see him go despite how good he was.

Bell, whie agile, was weak. He did, as I recall, 9 reps with 225 at the combines. Corners do this amount. And btw I never believed his listed weight. He was small, and constantly injured. But on our team, he was better than anyone we had (other than peters) for a decade or more. We were too busy drafting RBs and DBs in round 1o take a LT or QB, except for the horror show that was JP Losman.