For The Gamblers: Lock of the Week Houston -10

Why I will be laying the rest of my money in my online gambling account on Houston -10 vs our beloved Bills on Sunday.

The Bills have had the most trouble with teams that run the ball well and play physical D (particularly the 3-4) with lots of blitz packages. Not only have we lost to these physical rushing teams, (Jets, 49ers) we have gotten crushed. Well it just so happens that the Bills are about to run into one of those teams and quite possibly the best team they will play all year. I am expecting a blowout.

Inside the Numbers

Bills Team Stats

Score For: 24.23 (12th)

Total Yards: 349 (19th)

Rush yds: 150.29 (4)

Pass Yds: 198.71 (29th)

Def

Avg Score Against: 32.43 (32)

Total Yards: 424.14 (31)

Rush Yds: 176.86 (32)

Pass Yards 198.71 (29)

Texans Team Stats

Score for: 30.86 (2)

Total Yards:371.43 (9)

Rush yds: 140.86 (6)

Pass yds: 230.57 (18)

Def

Avg score Against: 18.29 (6)

Total Yds: 283 (3)

Rush Yds: 83 (4)

Pass Yds: 230.57 (18th)

Rank Rank

Buffalos Overall Scoring vs Houstons Overall D 24.43 (12) 18.29 (6)

Buffalos Road Passing vs Houstons Home D 164.25 (32) 203.75 (6)

Buffalos Road Rushing vs Houstons Home D 146.75 (5) 97 (13)

Houstons Overall Scoring vs Buffalos overall D 30.86 (2) 32.43 (32)

Houstons Home Passing vs Buffalos Road D 231.5 (17) 233.25 (15)

Houstons Home Rushing vs Buffalos Road D 122.25 (18) 161 (30)

All in all the Texans will be able to easily move the ball on a weak Bills D. They will be able to key in to stop our run game because of a weak road passing O. And They will be able to get to the passer with JJ Watt (against an injured Pears or his replacement Hairston) and blitzes. The Bills have been terrible on the road under Gailey (3-7-1 ATS in the last 11 road games) and you can expect that trend to continue. The Texans will be too much for the Bills to handle. My prediction: Final Score 38-13 Houston. You can count on the Texans -10 this Sunday.

Go Bills and I love this board.

This is a classic trap game. The Bills will lose, but will cover the spread.

There is a pretty good site that I read that has the bills as their play of the week. Lots of trends showing it may be closer than you think. 87 percent of the money has been coming in on Houston and that is never a good sign. Houston at 7-0 with Chicago coming up next week on Sunday night football. Double digit spread? I'm staying away from it

That's what I am talking about...gamblers assessment is spot on....

87 percent of the money has been coming in on Houston and that is never a good sign.

money ≠ bets.

there are so many better options out there

Bal -2.5 @ cle

den -2.5 @ cin

chi -2.5 @ ten

*buy the 1/2 pt each, sit back and enjoy your sunday

Squares love their road favorites. Those are all 3.5 in most places anyways.

Locked and loaded boys. However, I didn't expect the bills to be as competitive as they were. Once again our head coach and qb play have suffocated our team. It's time to start over again this offseason, and Nix isn't excused his 1st 2 drafts were atrocious and this years remains to be seen. Go Bills

Anybody that bets on NFL games should really have their heads examined, possibly saved brains for scientific research, because

they are soooooo dumb it is even funny.

the last 3 years i'm averaging a 72% winning pct on my NFL picks. Making smart 3-4 game parlays putting down 100-200 each time and you'd be surprised at the success rate. i rarely bet point spreads though and instead go on money line...that being said, i did bet on the spread in the bills game as part of a parlay..when i locked it in it was at 11.5 points..texans barely covered. hate spreads..lol.

Edited by bobobonators

the last 3 years i'm averaging a 72% winning pct on my NFL picks. Making smart 3-4 game parlays putting down 100-200 each time and you'd be surprised at the success rate. i rarely bet point spreads though and instead go on money line...that being said, i did bet on the spread in the bills game as part of a parlay..when i locked it in it was at 11.5 points..texans barely covered. hate spreads..lol.

If you "regularly" bet parlays the real gamblers laugh at you.

If you "regularly" bet parlays the real gamblers laugh at you.

Exactly, parlays are suckers bets that rarely come in. They are almost a bad as teasers. Maybe if he is betting money lines on the games they come in but then you got to figure that he is betting favorites which would nullify the odds to a certain extent. With how much parity is in the NFL, the risk/reward does not seem like it would be worth it. Gambling is tough business & not for the faint of heart(believe me I know). Anybody that makes it sound like it is easy is full of sh*t.

• 2 weeks later...

HAH...I win by 1!!!!

BTW, I forgot all about this bet, Coach was kind enough to remind me..

I am willing to go double or nothing and say Dolphins punt 6 times tonight..

Congrats on the victory! I've donated to the Sandy relief efforts in lieu of sending you your winnings, per your instructions.