Top 5 Things Bellichick Would Do as Bills HC

If he were brought in now, I believe he'd:

1. Create an open competition at the QB position

2. Emphasize only runs and very short passing game. Basically the Bills game plan for the first 3 & 1/2 quarters of the Titans game

3. Switch away from 4-3 until we found a competent MLB. That may mean playing rest of season in 3-4, 5-2, 2-5,etc

4. Call more safety blitzes on defense knowing its the only way to create more pressure and that we have guys with excellent technique like Byrd and Gikmore

5. Sit some guys on both sides of the ball who feel they're irreplaceable/untouchable, to send a message nobody's safe and everyone needs to step up or get replaced

Unfortunately

1. Fitz probably wins an open comp, if not, i dont think Tjax far surpasses him

2. We certainly arent stretching down field, if not the run and short passing i dont know what we are stressing

3. We already are doing all kinds of stuff with LBs - we have a safety in there, weve benched guys. a bad unit is a bad unit and thats tough to fix

4. wed all love more pressure, but safety blitzes do worry me with our corners having trouble/very possibly getting beat deep. id personally rather a few more from our LBs, and get our corners up in the WRs face and let them play very physical even if we end up getting some flags out there. if the WR gets by, atleast we have a shell over the top. variety is good though. i dont think this solves a lot though, as missed tackles and blown assignments ruin even the best planned systems.

5. sit some guys is vague. i assume you mean fitz, dareus and mario? dont know if that makes it better or not at this point. without being behind the scenes its tough. maybe.

Once Belichick got Brady, he was golden. Brady's made him. Or so say the homers.

Because Belichick never was a good defensive coach, never knew talent, never started watching film with his dad when he was a little kid, never knew anything. It's been all Brady. Whatever.

And it's always funny to see the homers try to bring down others to bump up their own underachieving team that is seeing another rebuild fail. Belichick would take control and remind people he's in charge and if someone didn't like it, they'd be exiled like Moss or Deion Branch were. And if you were a valuable player past their prime (Vrabel), you'd be sent packing as well.

Edited by BillsVet

Once Belichick got Brady, he was golden. Brady's made him. Or so say the homers.

Because Belichick never was a good defensive coach, never knew talent, never started watching film with his dad when he was a little kid, never knew anything. It's been all Brady. Whatever.

And it's always funny to see the homers try to bring down others to bump up their own underachieving team that is seeing another rebuild fail. Belichick would take control and remind people he's in charge and if someone didn't like it, they'd be exiled like Moss or Deion Branch were. And if you were a valuable player past their prime (Vrabel), you'd be sent packing as well.

What was his record pre-Brady? It was similar to Jauron's. Once you have a HOF QB, everything else falls in place. The defensive genius helped led the 2nd worst defense in the NFL. The Pats won because of Brady and the offense inspite of an awful defense. If he doesn't have a top 5 QB, that team struggles to make the playoffs.

And for the record, I'd rather be a homer than a whiner. I do agree 100% on the focus on the TE position.

What was his record pre-Brady? It was similar to Jauron's. Once you have a HOF QB, everything else falls in place. The defensive genius helped led the 2nd worst defense in the NFL. The Pats won because of Brady and the offense inspite of an awful defense. If he doesn't have a top 5 QB, that team struggles to make the playoffs.

And for the record, I'd rather be a homer than a whiner. I do agree 100% on the focus on the TE position.

Ergo BB and DJ similar if you take away the latter's bad seasons, correct?

It ain't whining if you ain't been to the playoffs in 12 seasons and sit at 3-4 going into a stretch of 2 games on the road against strong teams. Sorry. It's called demanding accountability, which some people refuse to do. Being a fan does not preclude one from not criticizing.

Ergo BB and DJ similar if you take away the latter's bad seasons, correct?

It ain't whining if you ain't been to the playoffs in 12 seasons and sit at 3-4 going into a stretch of 2 games on the road against strong teams. Sorry. It's called demanding accountability, which some people refuse to do. Being a fan does not preclude one from not criticizing.

Belichick first 5 seasons prior to Brady: 41-55 (43%) , 1 playoff berth, 1 winning season. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/BeliBi0.htm Jauron's 1st 6 seasons: 42-54 (.44%), 1 playoff berth, 1 winning season. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/JaurDi0.htm BB is a HOFer but his entire coaching career got completely re-written when a 6th round pick became one of the greatest QBs ever. And when you offer he was a SB winning DC, I offer up Wanny.

People try to make building a team some simple science. Sure there are some rules you should stick but the biggest thing you can have is straight up dumb luck. Brady getting drafted in the 6th round. The colts sucking so bad twice in 15 years, getting the #1 overall pick, and choosing 2 of the best QB prospects ever. The 49ers passing on a hometown Aaron Rodgers and the Pack getting him at the end of the 1st. The Bills have been awful at drafting but at some point, they just haven't been lucky.

And this team deserves criticism no doubt. But that's all you ever do. Everyone wanted Mario, now that he's struggling, Nix is an idiot for signing him. I hate hindsight. It's BS. Honest question here: what would you do to realistically make this team better for the future?

Reality is you need both QB and coach. Sean Peyton brought out the best in Brees who'd essentially been given up on in San Diego and most of the rest of the league. Where would Montana have been without Walsh and the West coast offense ? Manning may be one exception because of the way he bring the offensive system with him , but again credit to dungy for giving him that freedom. Jauron probably would have held all of them back. And I'm not sure gailey wouldnt either

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Reality is you need both QB and coach. Sean Peyton brought out the best in Brees who'd essentially been given up on in San Diego and most of the rest of the league. Where would Montana have been without Walsh and the West coast offense ? Manning may be one exception because of the way he bring the offensive system with him , but again credit to dungy for giving him that freedom. Jauron probably would have held all of them back. And I'm not sure gailey wouldnt either

Come on now. I like Fitz but what Gailey has gotten out of him is a miracle. Fitz owes Gailey his contract. The biggest problem with Gailey is he seems to settle for average to below average QB talent because he trusts in his schemes. Gailey gets an ugly chick, tries to give her a fake rack and tan, and present her as hot. He is a very good offensive coach who is not surround by wildly talent personnel because he seems to settle.

Belichick first 5 seasons prior to Brady: 41-55 (43%) , 1 playoff berth, 1 winning season. http://www.pro-footb...hes/BeliBi0.htm Jauron's 1st 6 seasons: 42-54 (.44%), 1 playoff berth, 1 winning season. http://www.pro-footb...hes/JaurDi0.htm BB is a HOFer but his entire coaching career got completely re-written when a 6th round pick became one of the greatest QBs ever. And when you offer he was a SB winning DC, I offer up Wanny.

People try to make building a team some simple science. Sure there are some rules you should stick but the biggest thing you can have is straight up dumb luck. Brady getting drafted in the 6th round. The colts sucking so bad twice in 15 years, getting the #1 overall pick, and choosing 2 of the best QB prospects ever. The 49ers passing on a hometown Aaron Rodgers and the Pack getting him at the end of the 1st. The Bills have been awful at drafting but at some point, they just haven't been lucky.

And this team deserves criticism no doubt. But that's all you ever do. Everyone wanted Mario, now that he's struggling, Nix is an idiot for signing him. I hate hindsight. It's BS. Honest question here: what would you do to realistically make this team better for the future?

What the hell man???? :censored: You!

:nana:

really? He took over a 3 & 13 cleveland browns. His 1st year as HC of Pats they went 6 & 10. Except for a few (albeit) key positons, Bills have a lot of talent on the roster. And are listing toward another high draft pick session for 2013. This is actually an attractive situation for a new HC: lots of talent, a limited # of slots to fill, drafting high, cap space, low expectations. Really the biggest problem is the team's ownership/location status ... and sadly a move to greener pastures in L.A could make a new coaching position that much more attractive.

Lots of talent?

Bad QB

One good wide receiver

Worst group of linebackers in NFL

Horrific corners (Gilmore might get better)

What great talent!

Noticed you left out the two rings running the Giants defense.

How many coaches can you name with 5 rings. To not understand that he is a great football mind is to not understand the game.