I was very PO'd to see as many

taterhill

The Buffalo Bills front office puts group tickets on sale before they go out to individual public.  Large groups of Steelers fans buy up these tickets and by the time they go on sale to real Bills fans they are sold out because of it.  This is how the Steelers fans take advantage of us.

no they take advantage of people like you who don't understand that you too can buy group tickets.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of how they buy or when they buy, it was pretty sickening to to hear the Duece calls every time he ran the ball. I expected to see a rabid Bills team fueled by an insane home crowd with pandemonium running rampant as we stampeeded into the playoffs. Instead, the team looked flat, and the Steeler crowd seemed to cheer louder from the get go. If I didn't know better I would have thought the Steelers were the team trying to make the playoffs and the Bills were just there going through the motions because they had it locked up. I guess that's what troubles me the most about this loss.

The tickets to the Steelers game never even make it to individual game sales. They are bought up durring group sales.

What's your source????

Now for the truth. The Bills sold a ton of tickets the Friday before the Browns game. You could have BOUGHT tickets the week after the Browns game.

My Source, I'm the Hammer, I get around.

Alright people it's like this.

The Buffalo Bills front office puts group tickets on sale before they go out to individual public.  Large groups of Steelers fans buy up these tickets and by the time they go on sale to real Bills fans they are sold out because of it.  This is how the Steelers fans take advantage of us.

190745[/snapback]

Sort of. The bottom line is if Bills fans don't buy more season tickets, this is what we get. An embarrasment. Also, I know SOME season ticket holders buy the full allotment of extra seats before they go on sale as individual game tix for SCALPING purposes. The majority of these wind up on ticket websites like stubhub and are purchased by fans of the visiting team because they cannot GET a ticket to see their home team in person. This is a classic "cheap" fastbuck Buffalo move and is a disgrace to every Bills fan. But what more do you expect from a city such as ours which is one of the only in the country with a high redemption rate of cents off coupons? It makes me sick to be honest with you. Can't get a ticket to your favorite NFL team? Try a rodtrip to Buffalo. There's always room for the enemy at the Ralph. :)

Regardless of how they buy or when they buy, it was pretty sickening to to hear the Duece calls every time he ran the ball.  I expected to see a rabid Bills team fueled by an insane home crowd with pandemonium running rampant as we stampeeded into the playoffs.  Instead, the team looked flat, and the Steeler crowd seemed to cheer louder from the get go.  If I didn't know better I would have thought the Steelers were the team trying to make the playoffs and the Bills were just there going through the motions because they had it locked up.  I guess that's what troubles me the most about this loss.

191015[/snapback]

Ladies and gents we have a winner.

Sort of. The bottom line is if Bills fans don't buy more season tickets, this is what we get. An embarrasment. Also, I know SOME season ticket holders buy the full allotment of extra seats before they go on sale as individual game tix for SCALPING purposes. The majority of these wind up on ticket websites like stubhub and are purchased by fans of the visiting team because they cannot GET a ticket to see their home team in person. This is a classic "cheap" fastbuck Buffalo move and is a disgrace to every Bills fan. But what more do you expect from a city such as ours which is one of the only in the country with a high redemption rate of cents off coupons? It makes me sick to be honest with you. Can't get a ticket to your favorite NFL team? Try a rodtrip to Buffalo. There's always room for the enemy at the Ralph. :)

191027[/snapback]

Then stop rooting for them.

What's is the point in this? Seriously, if you think the franchise sucks then go out and stand by the road with a sign attempting to get people to sign up for season tickets. Don't come on to a message board where everyone supports the team and B word about team support. You are preaching to the choir.

Then stop rooting for them.

What's is the point in this? Seriously, if you think the franchise sucks then go out and stand by the road with a sign attempting to get people to sign up for season tickets. Don't come on to a message board where everyone supports the team and B word about team support. You are preaching to the choir.

191039[/snapback]

Yeah sure. NOBODY on this board ever buys extra tix and sells them for profit right? Get yer head out of your arse. And I've been posting on this board since '99 but someone stole my original "handle" when the board switched over awhile back. I'm not a newcomer. :)

Yeah sure. NOBODY on this board ever buys extra tix and sells them for profit right? Get yer head out of your arse. And I've been posting on this board since '99 but someone stole my original "handle" when the board switched over awhile back. I'm not a newcomer. :)

191078[/snapback]

I could give two craps how long you've been here. And as far as people buying and selling for extra profit?

Seriously, if it's that big of a deal I'm sure someone in upper management would have done something about it.

I could give two craps how long you've been here. And as far as people buying and selling for extra profit?

Seriously, if it's that big of a deal I'm sure someone in upper management would have done something about it.

191088[/snapback]

Listen jerkoff, i'm not saying the "franchise sucks" or that this is a "problem" to Bills management. The only "problem" to them is an unsold ticket. This is a problem to Bills fans who are more intersted in having a sold out Ralph with 99% Bills fans in attendance. Not with finding an "easy" way to make some money and see the Bills for "free" because some scalped seats will pay for their own. :)

Yeah sure. NOBODY on this board ever buys extra tix and sells them for profit right?

Oh my lord, someone tried to make some money by buying tickets at the beginning of the season and selling them later in the season?

the horror.

seriously, I have never seen a bigger bunch of whiners in my life than the people on TSW today.

This is a problem to Bills fans who are more intersted in having a sold out Ralph with 99% Bills fans in attendance. Not with finding an "easy" way to make some money and see the Bills for "free" because some scalped seats will pay for their own.  :)

191100[/snapback]

You are telling me that 25K tickets were aftermarket sales??? To Steelers fans???

Get a grip, jerkoff.

You are telling me that 25K tickets were aftermarket sales??? To Steelers fans???

Get a grip, jerkoff.

191116[/snapback]

Look, it would not surprise me in the least Gant (sorry for the namecalling OK, I'm just in a sour mood and shouldn't take it out on fellow posters) if say 1,500 ST holders bought their linit of extra tix to attractive home games and dumped them on stubhub or similar sites. So maybe not All 25,000 but prabably about half that. And that is WAY too many for a home game. There have always been enemy fans at our games, but not in the droves that show up now. The tix were always available from the team office. Even before the internet. But Bills fans are resposible for a large percentage of these enemy intruders I'm afraid. :)

The world is a lot closer than it has ever been before. Think about it. 5 years ago it was difficult to pick up aftermarket seats unless you "knew" somebody. If a concert was sold out you were going to have to wait outside for someone to scalp them. And if you live a long ways away there was no way you were going to take the chance.

Now, you can go on one of 5000 websites and find tickets to a Bills game even when it's sold out.

The world is at our fingertips. As far as the stadium being filled by opposing team fans? This is the first time I've ever witnessed another team even making a peep at the Ralph. But the Steelers have a large backing and they aren't that far away.

With the size of the stadium, the small market and Bills fans being somewhat fickle, this is a problem this franchise is going to have to struggle with for the foreseeable future. Nothing that cant be overcome, however. Its just the buggabo this organization has to deal with. It could be worse. We could be the Jets and have to play in someone else's stadium. In another state!

It WAS annoying to see all those towels on the tele. But on the flipside, it WAS fans of a close-by team thats tops in the NFL and with a fanbase that is unrivaled in terms of passion and loyalty. Now...if we start seeing 25,000 Cardinals or Rams fans, then the Bills REALLY have a problem!

The world is a lot closer than it has ever been before. Think about it. 5 years ago it was difficult to pick up aftermarket seats unless you "knew" somebody. If a concert was sold out you were going to have to wait outside for someone to scalp them. And if you live a long ways away there was no way you were going to take the chance.

Now, you can go on one of 5000 websites and find tickets to a Bills game even when it's sold out.

The world is at our fingertips. As far as the stadium being filled by opposing team fans? This is the first time I've ever witnessed another team even making a peep at the Ralph. But the Steelers have a large backing and they aren't that far away.

191155[/snapback]

True. it is possible also that there are those who are not even Bills fans that maintain some season tix for the sole purpose of selling them on these sites. Again it comes back to Bills fans not buying up most of the season tickets. But it is also an unfortunate byproduct of this wonderful thing we call the internet. :)

True. it is possible also that there are those who are not even Bills fans that maintain some season tix for the sole purpose of selling them on these sites. Again it comes back to Bills fans not buying up most of the season tickets. But it is also an unfortunate byproduct of this wonderful thing we call the internet. :)

191168[/snapback]

for $330 you can get a season ticket...buy 100 tickets for the hot games and make a ton....just frustrates me that Green Bay and Pittsburgh can have waiting lists for season tix, but Buffalo has only 40K season ticket holders

for $330 you can get a season ticket...buy 100 tickets for the hot games and make a ton....just frustrates me that Green Bay and Pittsburgh can have waiting lists for season tix, but Buffalo has only 40K season ticket holders

191174[/snapback]

Some would say that's the price of never winning the big one. Look at Cleveland.

191174[/snapback]

We have 45K season ticket holders.