Mark your calendar / set the DVR

BuffaloBud

Call me ignorant, but what was his time in Buffalo exactly?

Still confused? What did he do?

He played for the Buffalo Bills in 1996 and 1997. In 1996, he set a team and personal record with 206 tackles. His 1997 season was limited because of a neck injury that required spinal surgery.

IMHO one of the last LB's we had that that was smart, skilled and went all out every play.

Wait. Duh. I was thinking of Chris Berman. Holy crap. Of course I remember Spielman. Tackling machine. His wife had cancer and he shaved his head. Played detroit then here then retired in cleveland w neck issues

Figured you knew better but I thought you were building up for some great sarcasm...or something. :w00t:

And Spielman.....was awesome. One of those 'always in the right spot' guys that we could certainly use now.

I get to enjoy him on the local radio during the college season. Always a good listen.

funny, the local mouse ears station is running a 'contest' to put together the greatest Buckeye.

Pick the best for 'football acumen' and I'm thinking Spielman.

Greatest desire and I'm thinking Spielman.

Would have been a great 2 way player and I'm thinking Spielman (I see him as a crushing FB).

I'm not a Buckeye fan so I only know about the marquee players. I'm sure that someone who follows the program closely can come up with better examples but I'd take 53 Chris Spielmans on my team.

I get to enjoy him on the local radio during the college season. Always a good listen.

funny, the local mouse ears station is running a 'contest' to put together the greatest Buckeye.

Pick the best for 'football acumen' and I'm thinking Spielman.

Greatest desire and I'm thinking Spielman.

Would have been a great 2 way player and I'm thinking Spielman (I see him as a crushing FB).

I'm not a Buckeye fan so I only know about the marquee players. I'm sure that someone who follows the program closely can come up with better examples but I'd take 53 Chris Spielmans on my team.

Jim Browns athleticism. Spielmans heart. Gambles agility. Clarrets power. Hmmm. Have to think of more.

If I recall correctly, Spielman was traded to Cleveland for "past considerations".

it was a good gesture. Spielman wanted to finish his career in Cleveland. He was done in Buffalo and the new Browns needed someone like him. I remember watching him on a night game. How the commentators just praised the hell out of him. What a great fella.