Proposed New Stadium Poll

jjmac

Proposed New Stadium  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the proposed new stadium is a good idea?

• Yes, the Bills desparately need a new stadium
    • No, the Bills are too cheap to pay the moving costs from Orchard Park
    • No, the Bills love a stadium built when this pollster was in elementary school
    • No, $1.4B could be better spent elsewhere

Call me nuts, I like it right where it is. Outside of the bathroom lines, everything else about the game day experience at the Ralph absolutely rules.

Im a Mets fan and I thought I hated Shea. That is. until they built an overpriced corporate monstrosity next door with all the so-called 'amenities.' It sucks...and its four times the price.

Edited by RkFast

I don't see any way there can be any real discussions about future stadium plans - a new stadium of major renovations to the existing stadium - until there is a clear picture about future ownership - I think that is holding the Bills organization back on so many levels.

If there was a real agreement to build a new stadium there would also need to be an agreement that the Bills stay in WNY, and that severely limits the ability of Ralph Wilson or his heirs to sell the team and maximize their interests - WNY does not have abundance of eligible billionaires like some other major metropolitan areas do.

A stadium pole? With like...pole dancers? Sure would be a major contribution to half time, but wouldn't a lot of the wives and kids get upset?

Several years ago the Jills came out and did their endzone dance between the 3rd and 4th quarter with some chairs. Looked like a lapdance without a guy sitting there.

$1.4B could be better spent elsewere? Where's the $1.4B hiding?

Nobody actually has the $1.4....it will be borrowed/financed. The BILLS, the County(s), NYS, Bonds and "new" debt will no doubt be used. I don't know how/if Canada fits into this. Since we don't have the $200M to put the new dress on the old whore, what's the difference?

The Adelphia boys should be out soon, maybe they have a few $B buried somewhere? The BILLS could try to get a share of the Bridge(s) Revenue on game days, or maybe have the State Department offer a BILLS Passport Card with a portion of the revenue going towards the stadium? Does NYS still have BILLS license plates? Are the BILLS getting any of that revenue? No doubt Ticket prices will be going up too. Creative offerings call for creative solutions!

I prefer a topless Stadium. It may be less expensive too!

You gave us absolute crap options to choose from. Where's the poll?

How bout a choice of:

Spend $500m on a stadium that's not so rediculous (like Heinz Field, Paul Brown Stadium, Gillette)?

Spend $XX on a stadium but instead of downtown Buffalo, male it Downtown Niagara Falls?

Spend the $250-300m in upgrades proposed originally to male the stadium more fan friendly and more of an attraction like many new stadiums in the league.

Like I said, your options were not that good. I think mine are better.

I'm all for a $500m or so stadium downtown or preferably Niagara Falls. Nothing special. No dome but covered seats like Seattle. Keeps fans dry and a little warmer but keeps it old school on the field.

Several years ago the Jills came out and did their endzone dance between the 3rd and 4th quarter with some chairs. Looked like a lapdance without a guy sitting there.

Link?

You gave us absolute crap options to choose from. Where's the poll? How bout a choice of: Spend $500m on a stadium that's not so rediculous (like Heinz Field, Paul Brown Stadium, Gillette)? Spend $XX on a stadium but instead of downtown Buffalo, male it Downtown Niagara Falls? Spend the $250-300m in upgrades proposed originally to male the stadium more fan friendly and more of an attraction like many new stadiums in the league. Like I said, your options were not that good. I think mine are better. I'm all for a $500m or so stadium downtown or preferably Niagara Falls. Nothing special. No dome but covered seats like Seattle. Keeps fans dry and a little warmer but keeps it old school on the field.

Full disclosure. mrags went to Williamsville North so he wants the Bills to build a cheapo stadium so they can call it Spartan Field.

Seriously though, I don't think you could get a stadium done in Buffalo in 2013-2014 for $500 million but I think it's worth considering a more responsible approach to a new stadium, one that doesn't include ratcheted-up costs for some pie-in-the-sky dream of conventions and a Super Bowl.

The cost/benefit analysis might favor a more realistic budget and design. For one thing, I don't see a Super Bowl happening here in any scenario. There's not the hotel rooms and infrastructure to host one and the owners wouldn't vote to have their marquee event in Buffalo in February anyways.

As far as the conventions and other events, none of the currently existing venues book at anywhere near a positive cash flow. How is it that a new facility will magically increase the city's attractiveness as a convention destination?

As mrags says, build something like Heinz Field. Incorporate some great design elements but forget about the needless extravagance.

Make the stadium say, "Buffalo Bills Football Stadium," both literally and architecturally.

OK let me break it down for you.

I said the Bills are too cheap to build a new stadium. Even tho they need a new one.

The only way I my eyes they get a new stadium is in Toronto. They have the money up there to do it. End up calling it Molsen Stadium.

The way NY State is.... and when I say NY i mean NYC... they will never get the funds to do it. It would be a minor miracle for them to get the funds, much less even build the thing.

And the Bills are not gonna built one. They like the bones at the Ralph. Its a good place but they need to widen and update. Its old in alot of ways.

Everybody says things will change when Ralph passes on. But It gonna be a sad day because who Knows whats gonna happen.