Marcel Dareus [is a no show]

Marcel Dareus was a no-show today. What has happened to him?

I thought he was going to be a star! Is he a lazy ass? Kyle Williams looks like the only guy even trying in the running game.

And Kelvin Sheppard has turned out to be the disaster I expected. Now I remember why I wanted Kuechly so bad. Sheesh.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was going to be a star! Is he a lazy ass? Kyle Williams looks like the only guy even trying in the running game.

And Kelvin Sheppard has turned out to be the disaster I expected. Now I remember why I wanted Kuechly so bad. Sheesh.

Fat and lazy. Mario also is out of shape also. Two fat cats on the line. Marcel maybe depressed over his brother ? Bench the two for awhile. See what they are made of.

Fat and lazy. Mario also is out of shape also. Two fat cats on the line. Marcel maybe depressed over his brother ? Bench the two for awhile. See what they are made of.

Do not bench Marcel. He's young and might be at a fragile state. At this point no harm keeping him in.

I am wondering if Dareus' emotional state may be effecting our defense, though. We are lacking heart this year and had it last year. Correlation to Dareus' play?

His problem is that he has too many bars on his face mask.

The extra weight is forcing his head down and he is not seeing the play.

Get him a more standard cage face mask .. he looks ridiculous.

Edited by Bob in STL

I'm willing to give Marcel a pass. He's got some fairly traumatic off the field stuff to deal with. His heart might not be in it.

True his perspective of the game might have changed since his brother death.

That could shake anybody's world.

But at the end of the day it's his job. And right now he and Mario Williams are not the players that that we thought they were up to this point.

Marcell's "It's just football." quote however correct displays where he is at mentally. No one can blame him for thinking this way. No matter what Dareus does on the field he will never see all te family members he's lost.

He may be gravitating to food as a comfort mechanism. If I were the Bills management I'd have him talk to a sports psychologist. God knows where he's at mentally.

i'm going to assume that marcell is going to need some time to really get past the death of his brother. it's not like his great grandfather dies peacefully in his sleep, his brother was murdered. this is not something that most people just put past them and move on. it's hard for some of us fans to understand that this is still a game these guys play, but this is a case where a bit of perspective is really needed. jmo.

i'm going to assume that marcell is going to need some time to really get past the death of his brother. it's not like his great grandfather dies peacefully in his sleep, his brother was murdered. this is not something that most people just put past them and move on. it's hard for some of us fans to understand that this is still a game these guys play, but this is a case where a bit of perspective is really needed. jmo.

Am i crazy saying he's far heavier?

Edited by NoSaint

I'm arguing this in another thread - what's he tipping the scale at?!?

It's a big gap over last year, no?

Today was first time I looked at him and thought he looked a lot heavier

He needs to be an impact player but he isn't anywhere close to one

Marcell's "It's just football." quote however correct displays where he is at mentally. No one can blame him for thinking this way. No matter what Dareus does on the field he will never see all te family members he's lost.

He may be gravitating to food as a comfort mechanism. If I were the Bills management I'd have him talk to a sports psychologist. God knows where he's at mentally.

you need to read the entire transcript and quote him correctly. he said "its just a game." as in the individual game against San Fran (i think it was). he goes on to say in the next question an entirely different answer.

Was the million dollar free agent even on the field? Never heard his name called once.

He also plays pathetic right now. But this topic is about Dareus and how he's a snowman w/ legs. His body is literally a small circle on top of a huge circle w/ legs. He should be ashamed to walk out on the field looking like that.