A Formal Apology !

T master

any new quarterback, be it a rookie in the league or a backup guy that gets a start after a few years holding the clipboard, proves himself after about 6-10 games or so in the NFL.

that's about the time that their weaknesses get exposed and teams learn how to defend the guy.

I call it the Flutie Factor ™ Great backup, will absolutely kill you if you don't have a chance to gameplan for him, but after a handful of games as a starter under the microscope the defensive coordinators start to understand you as the gamefilm piles up.

At that point you can tell what you have, but not before then.

I will say that it sucks that Miami beat us twice last year and we had identical records but they still picked two spots ahead of us. Genius system you've got there Roger........

I think this is a good point. Whenever someone comes off with a hot new defensive system it takes a while for people to catch up. For more recent examples, look how the Bills played for the first few weeks last season. We were lighting up the scoreboard until people figured out the best ways to make Fitz miss. We also had Tebow mania, which took a lot of people by surprise, but as the season closed you could definitely see that people were figuring him out.

He's still playing better than Fitz though :cry:

Edited by Whitewalker Merriman

Buffalo Barbarian read the post, rubbed his eyes, and read it again. He sighed deeply, then cracked a chuckle and stood up from the computer.

Downstairs, his wife was reclining on the sofa. She stirred and raised her head as he walked towards the garage door. "Where you goin' hon?"

"Just gonna take a drive."

"What? At this hour? Where?"

But he was already out the door. She could hear the old Accord engine starting up, then the rumble of the garage door and the fading whirl of the car as it ambled down the street.

The waves were breaking hard against the rocks as Buffalo Barbarian pulled up to the overlook. He could hear gulls far off in the dark.

Cranking down the window, he reached into the glove box and pulled out the cigar he had been saving. He bit off the end and struck the match.

As he sucked down the first few puffs, he chuckled to himself again and gazed out over the black watery abyss.

"I was right, goddamn it. I was fuggin' right."

That is (as you said) Fuggin Hillarious !!!!!!!

Buffalo Barbarian read the post, rubbed his eyes, and read it again. He sighed deeply, then cracked a chuckle and stood up from the computer.

Downstairs, his wife was reclining on the sofa. She stirred and raised her head as he walked towards the garage door. "Where you goin' hon?"

"Just gonna take a drive."

"What? At this hour? Where?"

But he was already out the door. She could hear the old Accord engine starting up, then the rumble of the garage door and the fading whirl of the car as it ambled down the street.

The waves were breaking hard against the rocks as Buffalo Barbarian pulled up to the overlook. He could hear gulls far off in the dark.

Cranking down the window, he reached into the glove box and pulled out the cigar he had been saving. He bit off the end and struck the match.

As he sucked down the first few puffs, he chuckled to himself again and gazed out over the black watery abyss.

"I was right, goddamn it. I was fuggin' right."

This is absolutely hilarious. Well done, sir.

To echo what others have said, it's 6 games into Tannehill's NFL career. He could turn out to be good, or he could turn out to be a dud. Far, far too early to make any sort of judgments about him, one way or the other.

Also, Bray will not be a good starting QB in the NFL

NFN But I'm not convinced in any fashion that if the Bills had drafted a rookie QB the last 3 years he would have made any impact at all.

My reasoning is that no QB besides Fitz has been able to assimilate Chan Gaileys offense, and considering some of the bad routes run by the WR's I'm not sure they picked it up entirely either. BTW, Fitz being unable to make decent throw has nothing to do with the route running. Tavaris Jackson is still inactive week after week even when Fitz is looking horrible.

I'm just sayin any rookie would be ruined by this team just like Trent Edwards / JP Losman. IMO

The reason why the Dolphins rookie QB is doing so well is offensive minded HC in Joe Philbin (ex OC of the Packers) and OC Mike Sherman (who is sorta like an offensive Marty S in terms of playoff loses when he was the Packers HC)

Bray just had some sharp throws on that last drive BB. I wouldn't mind getting bray at all.

Bray is the Bomb, haven't watched the game yet, will later. Best arm I've seen in years.

NFN But I'm not convinced in any fashion that if the Bills had drafted a rookie QB the last 3 years he would have made any impact at all.

My reasoning is that no QB besides Fitz has been able to assimilate Chan Gaileys offense, and considering some of the bad routes run by the WR's I'm not sure they picked it up entirely either. BTW, Fitz being unable to make decent throw has nothing to do with the route running. Tavaris Jackson is still inactive week after week even when Fitz is looking horrible.

I'm just sayin any rookie would be ruined by this team just like Trent Edwards / JP Losman. IMO

The reason why the Dolphins rookie QB is doing so well is offensive minded HC in Joe Philbin (ex OC of the Packers) and OC Mike Sherman (who is sorta like an offensive Marty S in terms of playoff loses when he was the Packers HC)

So what you are saying is we need a new coach, which I'm all for.

But I think Chan would dumb it down for anyone.

Bray is the Bomb, haven't watched the game yet, will later. Best arm I've seen in years.

So what you are saying is we need a new coach, which I'm all for.

But I think Chan would dumb it down for anyone.

Yea, new coachES, new staff. For the love of god I hope wannstooge is not retained, and I thought George Edwards / Jauron were bad. :sick::bag: Plus, nobody on this Bills staff is helping any of the QB's that I can see, even Fitz regressed this year. What the heck happened with VY, why trade for TJ if you are just gonna keep him inactive?

Yea, my take on that rookie QB is he is being groomed properly by Mike Sherman. You know, the very same Mike Sherman that "knocked" Marv Levy's socks off when he interviewed him for the Bills HCing job, then Levy hired Jauron. :doh:

Yea, new coachES, new staff. For the love of god I hope wannstooge is not retained, and I thought George Edwards / Jauron were bad. :sick::bag: Plus, nobody on this Bills staff is helping any of the QB's that I can see, even Fitz regressed this year. What the heck happened with VY, why trade for TJ if you are just gonna keep him inactive?

Yea, my take on that rookie QB is he is being groomed properly by Mike Sherman. You know, the very same Mike Sherman that "knocked" Marv Levy's socks off when he interviewed him for the Bills HCing job, then Levy hired Jauron. :doh:

Hear that, Really wanted Sherman then too, he ran a good team up in Greenbay until they took his GM ability away, with the next year letting two probowl guards go and going 8-8 and getting canned. That was a perfect opportunity to get good coaching in here. All we can do now is hope and pray.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian