Tribute to Promo the Robot!

Buffalo 66

When I was trying to think of a handle I wanted a name that someone my age growing up in Buffalo would get.

PTR

No doubt, one of my favorite names on this board. Good, good memories.

The commercials that I coincide with Rocketship 7 in my viewing back then?

GI Joe's (which I LOVED as a lad) and ........Light Bright.

Remember when they used to read your (everyone's) birthday each week? I remember waking up early just to hear my name.

Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Yes I did the same and I used to wake up early hoping he would announce that my school was closed due to a snow day! Thank God for lake effect in the Southtowns!

I think I was on that show once as a kid. Good times.

When I was very little my family went to be in the audience of Dialing for Dollars. My Dad got called up to the stage to 'play', and they had our family stand up in the audience and we got on TV which I remember as quite the thrilling thing at the time. The R7 set was right there too, and I remember vividly the lifeless shell of PTR just sitting there - I kept asking what was wrong with him and my parents just said he was sleeping. :)

I clutched my Buffalo raceway tickets from Tops when he called the race, my horse never came in. It was almost like I was cursed with every long-shot in the race, my Mom also used a lot of coupons.

Do you know where your children are ??

Nowadays it's more like Do you know who your children are?