ESPN: Mike Holmgren leaving Browns

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this really a surprise? Put his house on the market at least a couple months ago. I don't want the guy in Buffalo. He's a jerk, really didn't do much for Cleveland. Colt McCoy was his baby, and I truly believe he made a mistake not giving Mangini one more year. Heckert is bringing the talent in, once Joe Banner of the Eagles gets installed things should really look up for the Browns (unless they sack Shurmer).

He IS A JERK!

Went to Seattle because they were dumb enough to buy into him being both Coach and GM. That's the only way he'll be happy, only problem is, he can't handle it. Also, he's a 1st class A'hole off the field.

He IS A JERK!

Went to Seattle because they were dumb enough to buy into him being both Coach and GM. That's the only way he'll be happy, only problem is, he can't handle it. Also, he's a 1st class A'hole off the field.

I haven't heard this but I kind of get that vibe from him. Have you heard any stories?

You realize Polian's drafting record is shotty at best since leaving Buffalo. Other then Manning and Freeney, who were Polians draft stars in Indy? That team was garbage without MAnning.

I'm not saying the BILLS should bring Polian back but there were some other truly good / great players such as, Reggie Wayne, Jeff Saturday, Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, Brandon Stokely, Gary Brackett, Anthony Gonzalez (prior to injuries), Eggerin James (spelling?), and....this may be key, the man assembled a WINNING Super Bowl team and yes Manning was THE lynchpin in that season, and all other winning seasons, but it takes a good to great overall team to win a Super Bowl WITH talent at various places...and not for nothing, but how "easy" is it to Draft a true legendary QB?? Yes, they had the overall 1st pick, and yes they "should" have Drafted Peyton as a no-brainer, but we've seen a number of GMs fumble that pick before, so is it really a given that any team with an overall 1st pick should land a future Hall of Famer?? No, give the man the credit he is due...is he perfect?? Far from it, but is he an incredible evaluator of talent in general?? I'd say Yes given his resume....argue with it all you'd like, but you can argue with the guys he's either Drafted or brought in via Free Agency that have produced good careers....