Never seen more excuse-making for one player

Drew Bledsoe is an NFL backup coasting for 12 years on his college reputation. He goes to pieces whenever he faces a quality defense. The guy is the exact opposite of a "money" player. He has cost us many more games than Rian Lindell, but guess who won't be on the team next year?

PTR

P.S. I'm not sticking up for Lindell...he sucks too.

Leo Roth - Will Drew Bledsoe ever beat a good team in a big game? He struggled all game with his accuracy and reads against the No. 1-ranked Steelers defense (missing eight starters by the second quarter), and threw for just 101 yards taking away a final, desperation drive. He had an interception and a fumble for a TD. He posted a 19.5 rating in the first half when the Bills fell into a 16-10 hole, then gave up the game's most crushing turnover, a fumble after a sack that the Steelers returned 18 yards for a touchdown. J.P. Losman has something to shoot for next summer — Drew's job. Grade = D

Sal Maiorana - Bills QB Drew Bledsoe: Same old story. Play the Browns, Bengals, Seahawks or 49ers and Drew's your man. Play him against a team that can actually play defense, like New England, Baltimore or Pittsburgh, and forget it. Another stinker in a big game for Bledsoe as he threw an interception and lost a fumble that resulted in 10 Steelers points; he was sacked three times, had two other potential picks dropped, and compiled a QB rating of 58.9.

Leo Roth -  Will Drew Bledsoe ever beat a good team in a big game? He struggled all game with his accuracy and reads against the No. 1-ranked Steelers defense (missing eight starters by the second quarter), and threw for just 101 yards taking away a final, desperation drive. He had an interception and a fumble for a TD. He posted a 19.5 rating in the first half when the Bills fell into a 16-10 hole, then gave up the game's most crushing turnover, a fumble after a sack that the Steelers returned 18 yards for a touchdown. J.P. Losman has something to shoot for next summer — Drew's job. Grade = D

Sal Maiorana - Bills QB Drew Bledsoe: Same old story. Play the Browns, Bengals, Seahawks or 49ers and Drew's your man. Play him against a team that can actually play defense, like New England, Baltimore or Pittsburgh, and forget it. Another stinker in a big game for Bledsoe as he threw an interception and lost a fumble that resulted in 10 Steelers points; he was sacked three times, had two other potential picks dropped, and compiled a QB rating of 58.9.

190219[/snapback]

Yes, but I'm sure njsue will enlighten us on why we should keep the stiff around.

Yesterday was yet another huge chance for Drew to silence his critics. But, once again, he failed -- in a terrible way. In the end, he must go.

I am willing to accept Drew back next year in a backup role, but that is it.

Get JP working as the starter now. Announce that JP is going to be the starter in Week 1 of the 2005 season. Let him have the entire off-season, training camp and pre-season to study film, work with the coaches and get to know his fellow starters. Every day this doesn't happen is another day of the Drew era, and another day we won't have a shot at a Super Bowl. The sooner the announcment comes, the better chance JP has at winning next season.

I dont know why all the hesitation about JP starting this year. Is he that bad, that it would take him 2 or 3 yrs of holding a clip board, to even get a chance at starting...Wasnt he a #1 pick? Why have other young QB's come in and start, most of the time they are UFA's or low round draft picks, and take their teams to the promised land, (eg. Brady and Warner) Going back a few years, Lamonica was never good enough,,and look what he did.

When I went to SB 28.. we were on the train going back to the hotel after losing #4,,Some poor pld guy stood up and screamed at the Dallas fans, who were whooping it up, "I'm tired of you people sticking it up our A$$!!!". I felt sorry for him at the time,,but guess what,,NOW I'M HIM!!! AND IT WASNT THE COWBOYS, OR THE STEELERS, OR THE PATS, STICKING IT TO US, IT'S THE BILLS!!!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Losman did not look that sharp in mop-up duty. I know it's hard to judge, but the guy looks like he has only one move: snap, rollout, and run. Maybe after a full training camp under his belt, he will be ready. But he absolutely was NOT ready this year.

PTR

I dont know why all the hesitation about JP starting this year. Is he that bad, that it would take him 2 or 3 yrs of holding a clip board, to even get a chance at starting...Wasnt he a #1 pick? Why have other young QB's come in and start, most of the time they are UFA's or low round draft picks, and take their teams to the promised land, (eg. Brady and Warner) Going back a few years, Lamonica was never good enough,,and look what he did.

When I went to SB 28.. we were on the train going back to the hotel after losing #4,,Some poor pld guy stood up and screamed at the Dallas fans, who were whooping it up, "I'm tired of you people sticking it up our A$$!!!". I felt sorry for him at the time,,but guess what,,NOW I'M HIM!!! AND IT WASNT THE COWBOYS, OR THE STEELERS, OR THE PATS, STICKING IT TO US, IT'S THE BILLS!!!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

190283[/snapback]

Losman did not look that sharp in mop-up duty.  I know it's hard to judge, but the guy looks like he has only one move:  snap, rollout, and run.  Maybe after a full training camp under his belt, he will be ready.  But he absolutely was NOT ready this year.

PTR

191488[/snapback]

That's enough of that talk. He's the next "insert favorite great QB here".

I am looking forward for 5 years of excuses for Losman or more.

Bledsoe has his faults but it still doesn't excuse the defense for giving up 29 points.

The team lost that game not just Drew Bledsoe.

Bledsoe played like crap yesterday there is no doubt about it.

Bledsoe has his faults but it still doesn't excuse the defense for giving up 29 points.

191596[/snapback]

Name the last good team Bledsoe beat that had anything to do with his exceptional play.

This should a final Jeopardy question.

191596[/snapback]

Yeah but if Bledsoe hadn't muffed that punt return or missed the Field Goal attempt, or maybe if he'd simply picked up those blitzes himself.............

Poor quarterback play during a poor team performance- with special goat awards to the offense and to some degree the offensive play calling.

Yeah but if Bledsoe hadn't muffed that punt return or missed the Field Goal attempt, or maybe if he'd simply picked up those blitzes himself.............

191610[/snapback]

Actually, on the sack-fumble-INT-TD play (should we just start labeling such a play, a "Bledsoe Special"?), it WAS Drew's job to pick up that blitz. There were two blitzers on that play, and McGahee did the right thing in picking up the inside guy. Coughclough (or whatever) came on a delayed blitz, but had Drew EVEN BOTHERED TO LOOK TO HIS RIGHT BEFORE THE SNAP, he would've spotted him coming, stepped up in the pocket, and had a chance to at least throw a pick downfield...

No one here is saying the D/ST were at their best yesterday, but WHEN, oh WHEN, is Drew gonna bail out the other parts of the team, like any half-decent QB does from time to time??

Poor quarterback play during a poor team performance- with special goat awards to the offense and to some degree the offensive play calling.

191610[/snapback]

nice avatar AKC..... :P

but that can't possibly be the "prancing pony" Jason Taylor actually making a big play is it? ....pardon the interruption.....please carry on with the season long Drew debate....

Coughclough (or whatever) came on a delayed blitz, but had Drew EVEN BOTHERED TO LOOK TO HIS RIGHT BEFORE THE SNAP, he would've spotted him coming, stepped up in the pocket, and had a chance to at least throw a pick downfield...

Drew did not glance to the right of the center for the duration of the play. There could have been 5 blitzers on the right and he wouldn't have seen any of them.

Drew Bledsoe is a tunnel- visioned, choke artist L O S E R. And he ain't ever going to change.

191596[/snapback]

You're right. The defense should be at fault for the 7 given up by the Bledsoe sack/fumble and the FG from the Clements turnover.

You're right. The defense should be at fault for the 7 given up by the Bledsoe sack/fumble and the FG from the Clements turnover.

191657[/snapback]

Don't forget the FG from the first DB interception because ONCE AGAIN he throws an inaccurate pass of less than 10 yards. Is it so hard to throw the ball at the shoulder OPPOSITE the defensive player? DAMN!

Still, that doesn't excuse the defense not stopping the "sisters of the poor" attack for 9 minutes of the 4th quarter.

nice avatar AKC..... :P

but that can't possibly be the "prancing pony" Jason Taylor actually making a big play is it?  ....pardon the interruption.....please carry on with the season long Drew debate....

191638[/snapback]

None other than- "dancing" with the apparently quite nimble in loafers Tom Brady.

Speaking of QB controversies ;-)